Looking for home speakers?Start shopping
Speakers: An Introduction
Whether you're shopping for new stereo speakers or putting together your first home theater system, we're here to help. Below you'll find a variety of articles to help you find the best speakers for your needs, plus useful information on setting them up for their best performance. You'll also find some great information on other speaker-related topics, such as choosing and installing in-wall, in-ceiling, and outdoor speakers, a glossary of commonly used terms, and answers to frequently asked questions.
Which speakers are best for you?
- Learn how to choose stereo speakers
- Understand what each speaker does in a home theater system.
- Add bottom-end punch to your music and movies with a subwoofer.
- Keep your floor and shelf space free and clear with in-wall and in-ceiling speakers.
- Get the scoop on choosing and installing outdoor speakers.
- Find out how to choose a "sound bar" speaker.
Where to put your speakers
- Watch our video on speaker placement to learn the basics.
- Learn where to put home theater speakers.
- Check out our guide on positioning in-wall, in-ceiling, and on-wall speakers.
- Get tips on placing speakers in a stereo setup.
- Watch a video on installing in-wall and in-ceiling speakers.
- See our video on installing outdoor speakers.
- Install in-wall or in-ceiling speakers in your home using our installation guide and comprehensive in-wall wiring guide.
- Take a look at our in-depth article on choosing speaker wire.
- See our tips on connecting home theater speakers.
- Read our article on connecting and tuning your subwoofer.