Our take on the Infinity Kappa 255a
You save $500!
Wish that you could find a great deal on a high-performance amplifier that will run your entire system? The Infinity Kappa 255a is the ultimate multi-channel monster amp, and the good news is that we were able to grab a limited supply of them at killer prices.
Housed within the sleek aluminum frame, you'll find five channels of amplification four channels (50 watts RMS each) for full-range, midrange, or high-frequency reproduction and one highly-efficient, 200-watt subwoofer channel. A unique, sliding power supply gives the amp the broader output range of unregulated power, yet still ensures that it achieves its rated power even with every vehicle accessory running.
You want versatility? The front and rear channels feature built-in crossovers (switchable high/low-pass, 32-320 Hz). If you are biamping a component system, you can switch the front channel crossover to high-pass (480-4800 Hz) and rear channel to band-pass (for your midrange frequencies). The subwoofer section boasts a low-pass crossover (32-320 Hz) and Infinity's Dynamic Bass Optimizer, an extremely sophisticated bass boost that gives you control of both the bass roll-off frequency and the amount of boost.
The elegant Kappa 255a can handle any situation that might arise, from the simple four speaker/subwoofer setup to a more sophisticated 3-way setup with separate mids and tweeters. Since extensive crossover and bass-shaping capability is built in, you don't need to buy any outboard gear. And think of the money you'll save with a single-amp installation.
- 2-, 3-, 4-, 5-channel, or Tri-way output
- 75 watts x 4 and 300 watts x 1 at 2 ohms
- 150 watts x 2 and 200 watts x 1 bridged
- highly-efficient Class D 200-watt subwoofer section
- three separate crossovers allow 3-way (sub, mids, tweeters) set-up
- dual MOSFET power supplies
- direct connection of 8 gauge power and ground cable
- variable bass boost (0-8 dB) from 20-80Hz, 12 dB/octave
- accepts high voltage (up to 9 volts) input
- 2 year warranty