Our take on the Alpine MRV-M500
Alpine makes it a little easier to get great bass in your vehicle, especially if you drive a compact car. Their V-Power Series MRV-M500 mono subwoofer amplifier sends up to 500 watts RMS to your sub, guaranteeing some powerful bass on your drive. This versatile amp can even drive a 1-ohm load, so you can run multiple-sub configurations safely. And Alpine made this amp so small — it's got less than an 8" by 8" footprint and it's just over 2" tall — it can fit almost anywhere.
Thermal protection without annoying shut-downs
The MRV-M500 uses a technology called Enhanced Shutdown Performance, which rolls back the output a bit when the amp threatens to overheat from playing at its limits too long. Instead of shutting down completely, it continues playing your music, until it cools enough to return to full power.
A low-pass filter puts you in command of the frequencies that reach your sub, while a bass boost lets you apply plenty of low-end punch. The amp includes preamp- and speaker-level inputs, so you can install it in almost any vehicle, even one with a factory radio. If you're using the speaker-level inputs, the amp senses an incoming signal and turns itself on, eliminating the need to run a turn-on wire run back to your vehicle's receiver or fusebox.
If you're a tweaker, you'll appreciate the end-piece terminal covers that can be snapped in and out without the need for any tools. You can control the volume of your MRV-M500 from the front seat with the optional RUX-KNOB remote bass controller.
- mono subwoofer car amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 350 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable low-pass filter (50-400 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 50 Hz)
- Class D amp with MOSFET power supply
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- Remote Sensing automatic turn-on when using speaker-level inputs
- optional RUX-KNOB wired remote level control
- gold-plated screw terminals
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 7-7/8"W x 2-3/16"H x 7-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee