Our take on the Cinetics CineMoco Dolly with V-Wheels
Smooth camera moves for great shots, time-lapse, and stop-motion
The Cinetics Cinemoco motorized dolly with V-Wheels is a revolutionary way to add production value to the videos and time-lapses you shoot. A robust, battery-powered drive motor is paired with an intelligent controller, and can be programmed for continuous repeatable moves, shoot-move-shoot time-lapse modes, or precise command-driven stop-motion photography. The resulting smooth moving shots that manipulate time and space are extraordinary, creating new ways to document the world that compel a viewer's attention.
The Cinetics Cinemoco Dolly and V-Wheels shown in action (camera/tripod head not included)
The Cinemoco Dolly marries different individual components to create a versatile moving point of view for your chosen camera. Traditional video cameras, action video cameras, or DSLRs and compact system cameras are all at home atop a compatible tripod head (not included) that's paired to this setup.
CineSkates V Wheels allow an even, smooth roll on flat surfaces. Underneath the main dolly frame (the SkatePlate), they form the primary structure support for your camera. The SkatePlate is fully compatible with all CineSkates, the CineSquid, and many other products in the Cinetics Connect family. The V-Wheels are also designed to glide smoothly on SkateTrack (available separately), modular four-foot assemblies on outrigger legs that feature twin rails for the wheels.
The drive system
The Cinemoco controller and motor are capable of continuous moves from .3 to 14.5 centimeters per second (.12 - 5.71 inches per second), and moves as tiny as .01 centimeters over 6500 seconds in time-lapse mode. Now that's fine motor control. Cables are included for tethering selected popular cameras to a computer for time-lapse control and processing (and many other control cables are available separately).
Smooth moving shots are one of the primary building blocks of fine motion picture production. They put us into the scene on the screen, because they mirror how we experience the world. Our bodies act as a big shock-absorber for our eyes, plus our brain does internal image-stabilization along the way. So it's no wonder we like stable, even moving shots in our on-screen entertainment and no surprise that we can feel distracted by shaky handheld footage. A tripod often isn't enough for convincing movement, because it can only help for shots where your camera stays in one place. And moving the camera does more than make the experience seem real; it makes your camera a character, a participant, a narrator.
So consider what Cinetics gear can bring to the table for your next video project. Whether it's a simple home movie, a film school exercise, or a full-blown professional production, good camera mounting can make a world of difference in how your audience will experience what you've captured.
- motorized dolly with controller, motor, dolly frame, and wheels
- improve your video productions and time-lapse movies with smooth, controlled moving camera shots
- controller is capable of various programmed movement:
- continuous movement from .3 cm/sec. to 14.5cm/sec.
- S-M-S mode (shoot-move-shoot) for moving camera time lapse shots
- manual command mode for stop-motion photography moves
- runs on open-source software
- weight capacity: 11 lbs. (tripod head and camera together)
- tripod head and camera not included with system
- Cinemoco controller unit with five-hour rechargeable battery
- SkatePlate retractable quick set-up dolly frame
- CineSkates V Wheels for easy smooth rolling on flat surfaces and SkateTrack
- accessory pouch with charger and cable
- rail bag
- connector bag
- three camera cables (N3, D3, and DC0)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee