Our take on the Rockford Punch P300X1
Big power for your sub or speaker system
Rockford Fosgate's Punch P300X1 mono amplifier produces up to 300 watts RMS, giving you plenty of clean power for your rhythm track. With frequency response from 20 to 20,000 Hz, this full-range amp can also power a center channel or component speaker. You can use the low-pass filter to tune the sizzle away from your sub, or the high-pass filter to keep the lows out of a component speaker. The Punch EQ2 gives you a variable bass and treble boost, in case you want to add a little of that boom and sizzle back into the mix.
Easy to set for optimum performance
P300X2 control panel shown as example
Once again, Rockford Fosgate steps away from the crowd with their C.L.E.A.N. technology (Calibrated Level Eliminates Audible Noise) — a setup system that ensures your music will sound as clean and powerful as possible. It works like this: play the setup tone on the included test CD, adjust the receiver volume until a red clip light on the amp goes out, then turn the amp gain up until a blue light comes on. It's that simple — your amplifier is now set to match your receiver's output. When your receiver reaches maximum clean volume, you'll get maximum clean power from your Punch amp. At quiet listening levels, you'll hear less background noise and more of your music.
Keeps an eye on things while playing
If that blue light turns solid red while you're playing music, the amp's telling you that your source is distorting and you should turn it down, or risk damage to your gear. The optional PLC2 remote level control also doubles as a clip indicator, so you can see from the front seat if your music's clipping. The amp's built-in computer keeps tabs on the output current, ensuring that plunging speaker impedances (they change during play) or even a short circuit won't hurt anything.
Maintaining coolness raises efficiency and lowers distortion
Rockford Fosgate's Dynamic Thermal Management system uses forced air to dissipate heat evenly across the amp and out through the high-mass heatsink, efficiently drawing heat away from vital internal parts. Their proprietary MEHSA cooling process maximizes the heat transfer from the MOSFET devices to the heatsink, allowing the heat to escape more readily, so the transistors stay cooler and work better.
P300X1 connection panel and input clip light
- full-range mono amplifier
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high- and low-pass filter filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable PEQ2 bass/treble boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz and 0-14 dB at 12.5K Hz)
- C.L.E.A.N. gain setup system includes test tone CD
- test tones also available as MP3 download from Amazon On Demand, Rhapsody, Google Play, and Spotify, labeled "3sixty.3 setup disc" (Punch amps and the 3sixty.3 use the same test tone tracks for setup)
- Class-AB amplifier design
- Dynamic Thermal Management and MEHSA MOSFET cooling systems
- MOSFET power and output stages
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required)
- signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs eliminate need for remote turn-on lead
- optional PLC2 wired remote
level control with clip light available
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and an 50-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 50-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 9-7/8"W x 2-7/16"H x 7-13/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee