Canon VFL-2 Video Light
For select Canon camcorders
This item is no longer available to purchase.
Contact us for other options
Share this product:
Our take on the Canon VFL-2 Video Light
Use Canon's VFL-2 video light to shoot clearer videos with your compatible Canon camcorder. It brightens dimly lit settings and fills in unwanted shadows caused by direct sunlight. It also has a flash for taking brighter still pictures. This handy light can be used manually, or you can set it to automatically turn on or off depending on the surrounding brightness. It's powered by your camcorder through its Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe, so it doesn't require its own batteries.
- combination video light and flash
- mounts directly to compatible Canon camcorders with the Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe
- light is powered by the camcorder's battery through the accessory shoe
- lamp power consumption: 3 watts
- video lamp color temperature: 3,000 degrees K
- video lighting angle: 20 degrees
- weight: 2.7 ounces
- 1-7/16"W x 3-3/8"H x 2-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- for use only with compatible Canon camcorders equipped with the Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe and digital photo mode
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Compatibility: The Canon Video Flash Light VFL-2 is a combination
video light and external flash for select Canon Flash Memory (FS-series)
camcorders equipped with a Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe. No additional power or
wires are needed for its operation.
Note: The video flash light can be used with the HF10/HF100 Canon
camcorders after you update the camcorder's firmware from Canon's website.
Operation: The Can Video Flash Light VFL-2 can be attached to a
compatible Canon camcorder and used a s a video light or as an external flash.
The Video Flash Light is powered by the camcorder's power supply.
- Video Light (use to record movies or still images): The video
light can be turned on manually, or set to detect the surround brightness
and turn on/off automatically as necessary.
- Flash (use to record still images): Automatic flash according to
the brightness of the subject, Re-eye reduction flash, and other flash modes
are available depending on the camcorder's settings.
Note: The Video Flash Light can be used while recording or in
record pause. The flash cannot be used in Night mode.
- Illumination Angle: approximately 20-degrees
- Color Temperature: 3,000K
- Required Lamp: 5.7V, 3W
- Guide Number: approximately 15
- Flash Life: approximately 2,400 flash discharges
- Power Consumption: 3.5W (Flash), 3.3W (Video Light)
- Weight: 2.7 oz
Review this product:
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about this product. Please
be sure to focus your comments on the product itself. Read our
Review Guidelines for more information.
For a more in-depth review and enhanced detailed information on the
Canon VFL-2 Video Light, please visit the Crutchfield website product
Get live, personalized service from an expert
Crutchfield Advisor: Hi there.
We're happy to answer questions or provide additional info about this item.
Advisors also available at 1-888-600-3963