Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Overview: The Sony Bravia DVD Link Module (DMX-DVD) eliminate the
hassles of traditional DVD players by easily attaching to the back of your DMeX
compatible Bravia HDTV for a clean, uncluttered look. The DMX-DVD is equipped
with convenient side access so loading and ejecting your DVD discs is easy.
There is also automatic integration into the award-winning Xross Media Bar menu
navigation system of your Sony Bravia television which lets you control the DVD
Link using your compatible Bravia LCD television's remote control. Additionally,
this module upscales your DVDs to near-HD picture quality.
TV Compatibility: The Sony Bravia Input Link is compatible
with Sony Bravia televisions which feature the XMB menu or Panel menu system.
Note: The connected Sony Bravia television must have the
HDMI Control feature set to On in order for this device to function.
Disc Compatibility: The Sony DMX-DVD will support the playback of the
following disc types - DVD-video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD+R DL, CD-Audio, and
MP3/JPEG Playback: The DVD player will support MP3 audio tracks and
JPEG image files of format conforming to ISO 9660 Level 1/Level 2, or its
extended format, Joliet when recorded onto CD-R or CD-RW discs. The unit will
also playback back MP3 audio tracks and JPEG image files of format conforming to
UDF (Universal Disk Format) when recorded onto DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs. The
DMX-DVD will recognize up to a total of 200 folders and 300 total tracks. In
addition, the unit supports the KODAK Picture CD format.
DVD Upscaling: The DMX-DVD provides HDMI upscaling to 480p, 720p,
1080i, and 1080p to match the resolution capabilities of your Sony Bravia
Connectivity: The Sony Bravia DVD Link Module features a single HDMI
output and a mini-USB type-B connector. The unit also comes supplied with a 5'
HDMI cable and 5' USB cable which connect between the Sony Bravia DVD Link
Module and your Sony Bravia LCD television.
DVD Control: The DVD Link Module is operated from your
connected Sony Bravia television's menu system using the supplied remote control
(RM-YD023) or your compatible Sony television's remote control. An additional
DVD Link menu page will be accessible on your compatible television's on-screen
menu once the DMX-DVD is connected to your Sony Bravia television. You will be
able to control the following settings from the integrated on-screen menu.
- Playback Controls:
- Title/Scene/Track: select the title, scene, or track to b
- Chapter/Index: select the chapter or index to be played
- Track: selects the track to be played
- Time/Text: checks the elapsed time and the remaining playback
- Original/Playlist: select the type of titles to be played -
Original or edited Playlist
- Program: selects the title, chapter or track to play in the
order you want (up to 99)
- Shuffle: plays the title, chapter, or track in random order
- Repeat: plays the entire disc repeatedly or one track
- A-B Repeat: specifies the parts you want to play repeatedly
- Video Controls:
- Custom Picture Mode: adjust the video signal from the player
(Standard, Dynamic 1 , Dynamic 2, Cinema 1, Cinema 2 or Memory); Memory
allows you to manual adjust the Picture, Brightness, Color, and Hue.
- Sharpness: exaggerates the outline of the image to produce a
- Parental Controls: set to prohibit playback of up to 40 discs
on this player
- Audio Controls:
- TV Virtual Surround (TVS): lets you enjoy surround sound
effects by using sound imaging to create virtual rear speakers from the
sound of the front speaker without using actual rear speakers; you can
select from the following modes - Theater, Dynamic, Wide, Night, or
- Audio DRC: makes the sound clear when the volume is turned
down; you can select from three modes - Standard, TV, or Wide Range
- AV Sync: adjust the delay between the picture and sound
- MP3/JPEG Controls:
- Album: select the album that contains MP3 audio track and
JPEG image file to be played
- File: select the JPEG image file to be played
- Date: displays the date the picture was taken by a digital
- Interval: specifies the duration (Normal, Fast, Slow 1, Slow
2) for which the slides are displayed on the screen
- Effect: selects between five slide transition effects for use
during a slide show
- Mode: selects the data type (DVD, CD, MP3, JPEG)
Note: The DMX-DVD itself only features an eject button. The player
also does not feature an LCD display.
Multi-Disc Resume: The player stores that point where you stopped the
disc for up to six discs and resumes playback the next time you insert the same
disc. If your store a resume playback point for the 7th disc, the resume
playback point for the first disc is deleted
Mounting: The Sony DMX-DVD is designed to vertically mount to the rear of your
DMeX compatible Sony Bravia LCD television using the supplied mounting brackets
and hardware. The supplied brackets mount the DVD Link Module so it is aligned
with the side of your Sony Bravia television and the side-loading DVD slot is
easy to access.
Power Supply: The DVD Link Module operates off of standard AC
household current using its supplied AC power adapter and power cord.