Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Soft Clipping: NAD's Soft Clipping circuit gently limits the
output of the C 725BEE to minimize audible distortion when the amplifier is
over-driven. While Soft Clipping can be left on at all times to reduce the
likelihood of audible distortion from excessive volume settings, you can also
turn the circuit off for critical listening if you prefer.
Pre-out/Main-in Loop: Factory jumpers connect the main
amplifier input to the full range preamp outputs. This offers the flexibility of
inserting an equalizer, surround processor (when using multiple amps), or
another type of processor between the two stages.
Tone Defeat: Bass and treble are adjusted using the rotary
knobs on the front panel. The Tone Defeat feature bypasses these controls and
is engaged with a button on the front panel or the remote.
Tuner: The AM/FM tuner can store up to 40 AM or FM presets.
You can assign a name to each preset, up to 12 characters. The tuner also
features RDS (Radio Data System); a service used by some radio stations to
transmit data other than the audio signal (program type, text information,
traffic announcements, etc).
Record Out/Zone 2: The stereo RCA line level outputs can be
used as a signal for a recording component (tape, CD, etc) or a second zone. The
source is selected independently of the main source and is not effected by the
volume control. The included ZR 5 second zone remote controls the zone 2 output.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer turns the unit off after a delay
of 15 to 90 minutes (adjustable in 15 minute intervals).
Remote Control: The SR 8 wireless remote will control the C
725BEE and NAD CD players.
Front Input: A 3.5mm mini-jack input on the front panel is
labeled MP (Media Player); there is also an RCA MP input on to rear panel which
is automatically disconnected when the front panel input is used.
- Speakers: the speaker binding posts will accept single
banana plugs, pin connectors, spade lugs up to 0.475" wide, and bare wire up
to 12 gauge; there are four speaker outputs, A (left and right) and B (left
- Inputs: stereo RCA input jacks for MP (Media Player),
CD, Disc, Aux, and Tape
- Record Out/Zone 2: stereo RCA output jacks; used for
recording or feeding zone 2
- Pre Out: stereo RCA preamp outputs; jumpers to the main
amplifier inputs are factory installed
- Main In: stereo RCA preamp inputs; jumpers to the
preamp outputs are factory installed
- Subwoofer Out: single RCA preamp output
- IR In: 3.5mm mini-jack input, used to control this unit
using an optional infrared repeater or the IR output of another component
- IR Out: 3.5mm mini-jack output, used to control another
- 12 Volt Trigger Out: turn on/off another device along
with the C 725BEE; the +12 volt trigger output is a 3.5mm mini-jack; the
maximum output is 150 mA
- RS 232: the RS-232 port allows connection to a
compatible PC or external whole-house control system from companies such as
AMX or Crestron
- MP Dock Dataport: input for the NAD IPD-2 iPod dock
- AC Output: switched, 120 watts max
- Antenna Input:
- FM: threaded
- AM: spring
- Headphone: Standard 1/4" headphone jack
- MP: 3.5mm mini-jack Media Player
- Continuous Power: 50 watts x 2 into an 8Ω load, 20
Hz - 20 kHz, no more than 0.02% THD, both channels driven simultaneously
- Dynamic Power:
- 8Ω: 102 watts x 2
- 4Ω: 148 watts x 2
- 2Ω: 205 watts x 2
- Rated THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): 0.02%
(at rated power output)
- Signal/Noise: 102 dB (A-weighted)
- Damping factor: >110 (ref 8Ω, 1 kHz)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz-20 kHz (+/-
- Input impedance: 20 kΩ + 1 nF
- Input sensitivity: 730 mV
- Tone control:
- Bass: +/-8 dB @ 100 Hz
- Treble: +/-5 dB@ 10 kHz
- Power Requirement: AC 120V 60Hz
- Weight: 20.72 lbs (9.4kg)