Our take on the Russound CAS44K 4-source, 4-room Audio System
Enjoy music throughout your home with Russound's CAS44 multi-room music system. This package lets you connect as many as four audio sources, like CD changers, audio/video receivers, and satellite radio tuners, and listen to them in four different areas of your house.
Custom-tailored advice before and after you buy
Installing this system requires you to run wires in your walls, unless your home is already wired with CAT-5 and speaker cables. Our Audio/Video Designers can help you put together the ideal system from planning the wire run to picking out speakers. Plus, our tech support specialists can help you through your installation step-by-step.
Control the system's central amplifier with in-wall keypads
This system includes four keypads that let you control playback in your different listening rooms. They feature easy-to-use controls for muting or adjusting the volume of your music, and a built-in IR (infrared) sensor for operating your system with the included wireless remote. The remote allows you to turn the entire system on or off with the press of a button, and you can program it to operate your audio source components.
The keypads connect to a central controller/amplifier via in-wall CAT-5 cable. The amplifier delivers a solid 20 watts of power to each speaker in your system for smooth, well-defined sound.
Want to listen to your music in more than four rooms? By adding extra controller/amplifiers, keypads, and optional hardware, you can distribute music in more areas of your home.
Standard "single-gang" junction boxes and Decora-style wall plates needed for installation of keypads.
- distributes music from up to four sources to as many as four listening areas in your home
- system includes:
- recommended accessories for installation: Decora-style wall plates, in-wall speaker wire and CAT-5 cable
- expandable with additional components and keypads
- 4 RCA stereo inputs for connecting source components
- 4 pairs of speaker binding posts
- 20 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms
- 4 RJ-45 ports connect to in-wall keypads using CAT-5 cable
- RS-232 port for integrating a third-party home automation system
- 2 IR outputs (2 dual infrared emitters included)
- mute trigger allows you to connect an external paging system or doorbell
- universal learning remote operates connected audio components through IR sensor on system keypads
- 16-15/16"W x 3-15/16"H x 12-15/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
CAS44 KP4 keypad:
- backlit buttons with amber illumination
- controls power, source selection, volume, bass, treble, and balance
- 110-type punchdown terminating block for CAT-5 cable (punchdown tool included)
- installs in wall in a single-gang electrical box
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee