Our take on the Klipsch KMC 1
Bring along the Klipsch Music Center KMC 1 just about anywhere you'd like to listen to your music. This powered speaker is compact and portable, but it delivers surprisingly big, robust Klipsch sound.
Portable and powerful (Yellow pictured).
Bluetooth connectivity for music and talk
The system features aptX audio coding, an advanced form of Bluetooth that allows higher-fidelity sound with compatible Bluetooth devices. The KMC 1 is backwards-compatible with earlier forms of Bluetooth, too. So you can wirelessly stream your music from your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or other portable and still enjoy outstanding sound.
If a call comes in on your smartphone while you're listening to your tunes, you've got choices. Answer the call and use the KMC 1 as a speakerphone to talk hands-free. If you don't like the interruption, terminate the call, or just ignore it — all from the KMC 1's controls.
Innovative speaker design
The system has two 2-1/2" high-performance full-range drivers, each in its own sub-enclosure to prevent cross-interference. Dual 3&quo; passive bass radiators ensure low tones are present to give your music depth. And the KMC 1's advanced digital signal processing and equalization ensures your music sounds clear and detailed at any volume level.
Power to spare
The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 8 hours of continuous operation — perfect for a day at work, or a day at play. It can also serve as a power bank for your portable device. A USB port lets you charge your smartphone or tablet from the KMC 1. And there's an auxiliary input so you can play non-Bluetooth portable devices through the system, too. The soft-feel paint and metallic accents create a look that's rugged yet stylish.
- Bluetooth wireless streaming from compatible audio sources
- AptX® technology for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
- Bluetooth range: approximately 30 feet
- two 2-1/2" full-range drivers with two 3" passive bass radiators
- 20 watts total system power (10 watts x 2)
- 40 watts system peak power
- built-in microphone for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- stereo minijack input for portable devices (mini-to-mini cable included)
- USB port for charging smartphone or tablet
- AC power adapter
- built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to 8 hours
- 10-1/4"W x 4-1/4"H x 3-7/16"D
- weight: 3.6 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee