Our take on the AudioQuest Forest
Designed by and for music lovers
AudioQuest paid us a visit recently and let us check out their new line of USB cables. These cables definitely have a high-quality look and feel, but we wondered how noticeable any sonic improvements would be. The proof was in the listening. In a side-by-side comparison against a free-in-the-box USB cable, the AQ cable delivered greater bass extension, along with more bass and mid-bass detail. The soundstage opened up and vocals sounded more natural.
A high-quality USB cable is a great way to connect your desktop or laptop computer to a high-end audio digital-to-analog converter. For USB audio, as with all digital audio signals, it's critical to maintain accurate timing. This cable can reduce the timing errors or "jitter" that often makes digital music sound less clear and rich and three-dimensional.
Paying attention to every detail
The Forest is AQ's lowest-priced USB cable, but it's made to AudioQuest's exacting standards. It's carefully engineered, made with top-notch materials, and tested through hours of listening. Triple shielding reduces external electronic noise and interference, while gold-plated connectors ensure solid, corrosion-free contact.
If you connect a Forest cable to your printer, will you see crisper text? Probably not. But if you enjoy listening to digital music files on a high-quality audio system, you'll be surprised at the difference AQ's USB cables can make.
- length: 1.5 meters (5 feet)
- USB cable (Type A to Type B)
- for use with audio D/A converters, printers, scanners, external hard drives, and more
- exceeds USB 2.0 high-speed data transfer specification
- low-jitter design specifically for USB audio
- solid Long Grain Copper conductors eliminate inter-strand distortion
- polyethylene insulation
- triple shielding (foil/mylar/braided copper) to reject interference
- gold-plated connectors for maximum signal transfer
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee