Our take on the InstallCard: CD Changer
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem. With a prepaid InstallCard, you can have your new CD changer installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallerNet Network — which boasts more than 1,500 members across the country. You'll get all the benefits of buying your changer from Crutchfield, plus the time savings and peace of mind that come with professional installation.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the CD changer you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins.
You can feel confident about the quality of work since every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
With this InstallCard, the professional installer will install your new CD changer. Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
- prepaid installation of a CD changer at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle; if modifications are required, the installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- installation labor is warranted for the life of your vehicle
- Important note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required to install your new changer, you may be charged extra at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) include:
- significant, additional labor is required due to a complex dash disassembly/reassembly process
- you choose to have the CD changer in your console or another optional location (this card covers installation in the trunk or under a seat only)
- you need an adapter to connect multiple components to your stereo
- removal of the rear seat and/or other car parts is required to run the CD changer cables
Important Note: Install Cards are not eligible for refunds once they are activated.
If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop the installer will remove and reinstall the equipment at no charge.
If the Manufacturer's product becomes defective sometime after the initial installation, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, then the installer will replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for an R&R (removal and reinstallation) charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), Installer Net will charge for a completely new installation.