Hoya ND4X HMC Filter
Neutral density filter for compatible digital camera lenses
This item is no longer available to purchase.
Contact us for other options
Share this product:
Our take on the Hoya ND4X HMC Filter
This Hoya filter attaches to the front of your lens, protecting it from minor bumps and scratches and reducing the amount of incoming light. In bright outdoor environments, this allows you to use a larger aperture for a decreased depth of field great for portraiture. Or use a slower shutter speed to softly blur moving subjects like waterfalls. A special coating reduces flare and ghosting.
- glass lens filter
- protects lens from bumps, scratches, and dust
- multi-layer coatings reduce ghost images and flare
- reduces the amount of light entering the lens, so you can:
- use a wider aperture for a decreased depth of field
- use a slower shutter speed to blur moving subjects
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Overview: ND filters appear grey and reduce the amount of
light reaching the camera's lens. They have no affect on overall color balance
of your photograph. The four main uses of an ND filter are:
- To enable slow shutter-speeds to be used to record movement in subjects
such as waterfalls, clouds, cars, the ocean, etc.
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which
helps separate subjects from their background.
- To decrease the effective ISO of high-speed photography (above ISO 400)
and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations.
- To allow movie and video cameras (which have fixed shutter-speeds) to
film subjects such as snow, and, or other bright scenes which would normally
Note: This filter fits most lenses with a 72mm thread
Reviews for the
Hoya ND4X HMC Filter
Average Customer Review:
Review this product:
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about this product. Please
be sure to focus your comments on the product itself. Read our
Review Guidelines for more information.
For a more in-depth review and enhanced detailed information on the
Hoya ND4X HMC Filter, please visit the Crutchfield website product
Get live, personalized service from an expert
Crutchfield Advisor: Hi there.
We're happy to answer questions or provide additional info about this item.
Advisors also available at 1-888-600-3963