Our take on the Infinity Kappa 42.9i
Infinity built the latest Kappa speakers with improved technology and high-end materials to provide you with outstanding sound reproduction. The low-impedance design makes these speakers very efficient, so you'll get great results powering them with a factory or aftermarket stereo.
The Kappa 42.9i 4" speakers feature light, but stiff woven glass-fiber woofer cones that won't flex or distort. The Plus One design offers a larger surface area for improved low-frequency output and efficiency, while longer voice coils produce tighter, snappier midbass. Large magnets keep the woofers running cooler by placing more steel close to the voice coils to act as a heat sink.
Infinity uses the same Metal Matrix Diaphragm tweeter found in many of their popular home speakers, so you'll hear the music the way it was recorded with minimal coloration or distortion.
The computer-optimized outboard crossover networks employ audiophile-grade components to separate highs and lows, so that the woofer and tweeter work together perfectly. Pre-wired crossovers eliminate a time-consuming step in your installation, and terminals at the end of the crossover wires screw directly to the speakers, leaving no chance for incorrect wiring.
Important Note: These Infinity Kappa speakers use a low impedance design to pull more power safely from your car stereo or amplifier. This design is compatible with virtually all factory and aftermarket stereos.
Installation Note: These Infinity speakers do not include screws or speed clips. You may be able to use the factory screws to install them, but it's always a good idea to have an assortment of self-tapping screws (5/8" to 1") and speed-clips on hand.
- 2-way 4" speakers (pair)
- True Four Ohm Impedance technology: speaker's 2-ohm impedance combines with speaker wire impedance for a 4-ohm load
- compatible with virtually all factory or aftermarket car stereos
- Plus One® woven-glass-fiber woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
- 1" edge-driven M.M.D.® dome tweeter
- computer-optimized outboard crossover with tweeter level control
- direct-connect crossover dongle
- power range: 2-50 watts RMS (150 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 75-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- top-mount depth: 1-7/8"
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee