Neil Wood's 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
- Rockford Fosgate 5002 2-channel amp
- Rockford Fosgate 4004 4-channel amp
- Direct Audio 1 farad capacitor
- Alpine tuner with in dash monitor
- Alpine 6-disc cd\dvd changer
- Soundstream in dash equalizer and active crossover
- Soundstream 5.25" 160 watt component speakers
- Eclipse 4" 2-way speakers in the back doors
- Soundstream 12" dual voice coil 700watt subwoofers
- Stinger cabeling throughout
- Hornet 2-way pager remote alarm
I'm running 4-gauge power wire from the battery, through a Stinger in-line fuse, to a small distribution block. I then run an individual 8-guage power wire to each one of the amps. Everything alse is clean and tucked away. The car itself is modified with full stainless steel exhaust, cold air intake and computer tuning. The suspension has been upgraded with sway bars and linkages, springs & strut stabilizers.
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
I enjoy music and driving around, so there you go!
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
The custom subwoofer enclosure in the trunk.
Why did you choose these products?
Quality and audio reliability.
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
Making sure everything was installed correctly.
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
Components in the rear doors.
An amp and the Direct Audio capacitor.
Rockford Fosgate supplies the power to the system.
An exterior shot of the WRX wagon.
The custom enclosure houses a Soundstream sub.