Our take on the Denon DHT-S514
True home theater, the easy way
Denon is known for making great home theater receivers that deliver immersive sound with your surround speakers. But if you want your system to have a more streamlined look, check out Denon's DHT-S514 sound bar and wireless subwoofer. It's an easy way to seriously upgrade your TV's sound, along with enjoying music benefits as well. It's easy to set up, easy to control, and offers 175 watts of power to deliver movies, TV shows, and tunes with outstanding detail, rumbling bass, and sound that reaches out and grabs you.
Dial in your sound with listening modes
Sound bars aren't just for enhancing your movie watching. That's why Denon equipped the DHT-S514 with three separate listening modes. Surround Movie delivers simulated surround sound with dynamic punch for soundtracks and effects that envelop you as you watch. Dialogue Enhance is great for watching TV shows that keep you scrambling for the remote to hear what the characters are saying. And music mode optimizes the sound for music listening. Speaking of music...
Enjoy music wirelessly with Bluetooth
The DHT-S514's built-in Bluetooth capability means you can enjoy endless hours of music without ever having to touch a disc. Stream music wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to the sound bar for rich, full-range playback. It doesn't matter whether your music is stored on your device or streamed from the cloud or music services like Spotify® or Pandora® Internet Radio. With a world of music at your fingertips, Bluetooth is the easiest way to enjoy it throughout your room.
HDMI and other connections for simple setup
If you've ever looked closely at the HDMI inputs on your TV (doesn't everybody?), you may have noticed the letters "ARC" next to one of them. This stands for Audio Return Channel, which that your TV can not only receive audio and video signals from a connected device, but also send audio back to that device. This functionality means you can connect the DHT-S514 to your TV with a single HDMI cable while receiving digital audio from your TV's tuner, and built-in "smart" content like Netflix. Don't have an ARC-compatible TV? No problem. There are other connection options that will cover most TVs.
Easy control with one remote
Control is always at your fingertips with the DHT-S514. The included remote can learn your TV's basic commands. An HDMI connection to your TV ensures your TV's remote will automatically power on the system. Worried the bar will block the tiny remote receiver on the bottom of your TV? Connect the included IR repeater so you can maintain full remote functionality.
- two 1/2" tweeters and two 2" x 5" oval midrange drivers
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- aptX® encoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- Dolby® Digital and DTS decoding
- three listening modes: Movie Surround, Dialogue Enhancer, and Music
- Night mode reduces large dynamic changes in volume for late-night listening
- Denon's Virtual Surround processing offers simulated surround sound
- learns your TV remote's commands for single-remote use
- top-panel buttons for power, adjusting volume, selecting source, choosing a listening mode, and activating Bluetooth
- keyhole slots for wall-mounting
- HDMI input/output with Audio Return Channel for single-cable connection to compatible TVs
- Audio Return Channel function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner or "smart" features via HDMI
- optical and coaxial digital audio inputs (optical cable included)
- 3.5mm minijack input (cable and miniplug-to-RCA adapter included)
- 39-9/16"W x 3-3/16"H x 3-1/8"D
- weight: 5.1 lbs.
- two 5-1/4" woofers
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- can rest horizontally or vertically
- rotary volume control on rear panel
- 6-3/4"W x 12-3/8"H x 13-5/8"D
- total system power: 175 watts
- frequency response: 40-20,000 Hz
- remote control included
- HDMI cable
- optical cable
- 3.5mm miniplug cable with miniplug-to-RCA adapter
- feet for placing the sound bar on a TV stand
- IR repeater in case the sound bar blocks your TV's remote receiver
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee