Our take on the Polk Audio SurroundBar® 9500BT
Discover the difference the SurroundBar can make
Perhaps you think your flat-panel TV's sound really isn't that bad. If so, you've probably never heard a powerful sound bar like the Polk Audio SurroundBar 9500BT. It will blow the doors off your TV's sound, with 8 drivers powered by built-in amplifiers for huge, dynamic sound with lots of detail. Yet the bar is just over two inches deep, making it the perfect complement for your TV. A wireless subwoofer produces thunderous bass to give movies and TV shows depth and realism for a much more engaging experience than your TV's speakers could ever deliver.
Wraparound sound, clear dialogue, and cool effects
Not only does the SurroundBar 9500BT offer big sound, it also creates a more enveloping sound field. Polk's SDA Surround® and Digital Logic® technologies use digital signal processing that bring out the dynamics, details, and surround effects in movies and TV shows. Plus, the 9500BT also features Polk Audio's Wavefront Reconstruction Center, which creates a more realistic "center channel" effect to elevate dialogue level and clarity. While dialogue is crystal clear coming at you directly from the center, other sounds seem to emanate from beyond the physical plane of the SurroundBar. And, naturally, the subwoofer will drive home those low-frequency effects with plenty of bluster, for a true home theater experience that doesn't involve a room full of audio gear.
What about music?
If you ever use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to listen to music, then you're ready to stream music wirelessly to the SurroundBar 9500BT. The "BT" stands for Bluetooth, which means you can send music stored on most portable devices and computers directly to the SurroundBar for easy wireless playback. Plus, if you have an Android™ smartphone that's NFC-compatible, just tap it against the SurroundBar for instant pairing.
Easy to set up, easier to use
Worried that this sound bar and subwoofer combo will be hard to set up? Polk makes it as easy as possible. The SurroundBar's thin design makes it easy to mount on the wall below your TV using the built-in keyhole slots. You can also set it on a TV stand or cabinet. The subwoofer's wireless connection means you can place it almost anywhere in your room — even up to 50 feet away. A single connection from your TV using the included optical digital cable is all you need to start enjoying this system's powerful sound. And though it comes with a remote, the bar is easily programmable to respond to your TV's remote for seamless everyday use.
- ultra-slim profile is ideal for wall-mounting beneath a flat-panel TV
- three 1/2" silk dome tweeters; five 2-1/2" midrange drivers
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- aptX® encoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- NFC-compatible for one-touch pairing with compatible smartphones
- proprietary SDA® surround technology creates a spacious sound field for immersive sound
- Wavefront Reconstruction Center creates a realistic center-channel listening experience for clearer dialogue
- Dolby Digital® and DTS® decoding
- learns your TV remote's commands for single-remote use
- keyhole slots for wall-mounting
- 2 optical digital audio inputs (6' cable included)
- two 3.5mm minijack inputs (miniplug-to-miniplug cable and miniplug-to-RCA adapter included)
- 44-1/2"W x 3-3/4"H x 2-1/4"D
- 8" woofer
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- 12"W x 13-1/2"H x 13-1/2"D
- total system power: 510 watts
- system frequency response 45-22,000 Hz
- remote control included
- warranty: 1 year (electronics), 3 years (speakers)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee