Our take on the Samsung UN60F7100
Beautiful design, brilliant picture
Samsung's four-legged "Quad" stand has become something of a classic since it was introduced a few years ago. And the screen's ultra-slim bezel creates a virtually edgeless look that makes the picture seem even larger. It definitely gets your attention, but what's going on inside this TV is even more interesting.
A gem of a screen
The UN60F7100 is a 3D TV, and it comes with four pairs of glasses, but its appeal isn't limited to 3D fans. Why? Because displaying 3D accurately requires a top-notch screen. So, even if you don't care about 3D, that capability comes with a bonus: the sharpest, clearest 2D picture you've ever seen.
This model's LED backlight employs Samsung's Micro Dimming technology to produce a more accurate picture. The TV divides the image into multiple areas and applies the correct contrast levels to each area. The edge-mounted LEDs can actually dim independently based on the content in each scene. This is also a high-speed scanning backlight, which works hand-in-hand with the 240Hz screen refresh rate to take motion blur out of the picture.
This Smart TV will make you feel smart, too
The UN60F7100 makes finding great things to watch easier. Samsung's innovative Smart Hub organizes your favorite entertainment into five simple panels: On-TV, Movies and Shows, Social, Apps, and a panel for your personal photos, videos and music. You can actually ask the TV for recommendations while you're watching, like "what football games are on?" You speak into the microphone built into the touchpad remote, which feels more natural than talking to the TV screen. Plus, if you own a compatible Samsung smartphone or tablet, you can share pictures and videos stored on them and view them on this TV.
New for 2013 is a cool feature called TV View. It lets you mirror whatever's on the UN60F7100's screen on your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone or Galaxy tablet. If you need to leave the room — like, maybe to fix a sandwich — you won't have to leave your entertainment behind. It's like whole-house television you can hold in your hand.
Learn about the ins and outs of HDMI connections at the Crutchfield Learning Center.
Shop our selection of HDMI cables.
- 60" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen, "Titan Silver" bezel with "Chrome Silver" stand
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- displays 3D images when you wear Samsung's active 3D glasses (4 pairs of glasses are included)
- 2D-to-3D conversion adds 3D-like depth to non-3D video sources
- LED edge backlight with Micro Dimming for superior picture contrast with deep black levels
- Clear Motion Rate 720 blur reduction (240Hz refresh rate plus backlight scanning)
- Internet-ready Smart TV plays Netflix® video and more (subscription required for some services)
- supports up to 5.1-channel audio with streaming movie services like Netflix and Vudu (audio quality depends on your connection speed)
- built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
- built-in web browser
- dual-core processor for improved web browsing and app multitasking
- AllShare video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- 2-way screen mirroring via Wi-Fi send content wirelessly from device-to-TV or TV-to-device with compatible Samsung smartphones and tablets
- Skype compatible (requires Samsung camera sold separately)
- wireless keyboard-compatible (keyboard not included)
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- illuminated touchpad remote with built-in microphone for voice control
- free downloadable Android app lets you use a compatible smartphone or tablet as a remote control
- Anynet+ simplifies control of compatible Samsung components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
Connections and Dimensions:
- 5 A/V inputs, including:
- 4 HDMI
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- stereo minijack output for connecting a sound bar or home stereo system
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- 3 USB inputs for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- detachable swivel stand
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 53-7/8"W x 31-3/8"H x 1-3/8"D (34-5/8"H x 14-7/8"D on stand)
- weight: 49.4 lbs. with stand; 43.7 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.