Our take on the Goal Zero Sherpa 50 Solar Recharging Kit
You can charge the Sherpa 50 using the included solar panel, a wall outlet, or your car's accessory port. Then just plug your devices into the Sherpa to keep them powered up.
Serious solar power to go
The ultra-compact Sherpa 50 has been one of Goal Zero's most popular standalone chargers, and this combo kit offers even more portable power options. The Sherpa 50 Solar Recharging Kit can keep several USB and 12-volt devices powered up when you're away from home, whether you're out on the trail, in the air, or on the water. And when you are at home, it has enough juice to function as a limited source of emergency power during a blackout.
What makes the Sherpa 50 recharger so versatile is its substantial power storage capacity, and its ability to provide regulated power. Electronic devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops can be finicky when it comes to charging. If they don't get just the right amount and consistency of power, they often won't take a charge — especially laptops. The Sherpa 50's USB and laptop ports supply regulated power to keep your gear happy.
Take your wall outlet with you
This kit includes an AC inverter module that comes pre-attached to the Sherpa 50 recharger. The inverter provides a standard 3-prong AC receptacle for compatibility with more devices, but the round opening makes no contact internally. This makes it super-easy to power laptops, tablets and camera batteries virtually anywhere.
Three ways to charge the Sherpa 50
This kit includes a bolt-on AC inverter module that comes pre-attached to the Sherpa 50.
There are three ways to keep the Sherpa 50 charged up and ready to go. If you don't have access to a conventional source of power, you can connect the Sherpa to the included Nomad 13 solar panel and place it in the sun (a full recharge takes about 5 hours). Or, you can plug the Sherpa 50 into your car's 12-volt accessory port, or into an AC wall outlet — both of those options require about 3 hours to recharge.
Who is Goal Zero?
Goal Zero is a Utah-based innovator of portable solar solutions that can power a variety of USB, 12-volt, and AC devices wherever and whenever you need them. Field-proven in some of the most remote places on Earth, Goal Zero products add an eco-friendly measure of convenience, comfort and safety to any outdoor adventure.
Sherpa 50 recharger:
- compact, lightweight rechargeable battery pack for charging laptops, tablets, lights, and small USB-powered devices
- rugged, weather-resistant design optimal operating temp. 32-104° F
- can be charged from wall AC (3 hours), or the included Nomad 13 solar panel
- lithium-ion battery
- built-in low-battery and overcharging protection
- detachable AC power inverter
- inputs and outputs
- USB port for charging portable devices (5V, up to 1.5A, 7.5W max, regulated)
- 7.4mm laptop port (19.5V, up to 4.1A, 80W max, regulated)
- AC inverter with 3-prong receptacle (110V, up to 0.7A, 80W continuous, modified sine wave)
- 6mm Goal Zero charging port (12V, up to 10A, 120W max)
- 8mm input charging port for charging the Sherpa 50 (14-29V, up to 5A, 60W max)
- built-in LED flashlight runs for 150+ hours per charge
- 4-1/2"W x 1-5/8"H x 5-1/4"D (6-1/8"W with AC inverter)
- weight: 1.2 lbs.
- warranty: 6 months
Nomad 13 solar panel:
- compact, foldable 13-watt solar panel
- rugged, weather-resistant design optimal operating temp. 0-120° F
- high-efficiency monocrystalline cell technology
- nylon loops make it easy to hang the panel from a backpack, in a car window, or in any convenient spot when camping
- capable of charging some small electronic devices directly (smartphones, GPS units, cameras)
- capable of charging the Sherpa 50 in 6-12 hours
- inputs and outputs:
- USB port for charging cell phones, MP3 players, etc. (regulated)
- 12V port for charging 12-volt devices or the Sherpa 50 (includes 12-volt car adapter with cigarette lighter-type port)
- 2.5mm mini-port for charging a compatible Goal Zero recharger like the Guide 10 Plus
- input port for chaining up to four Nomad panels together for more power and/or quicker charging
- ports and cables are located in a built-in pouch
- built-in pocket protects your device as it charges
- 10-1/2"W x 7"H x 1"D (folded); 17-7/8"W x 10-5/8"H x 1/4"D (unfolded)
- weight: 1.6 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: panel cannot store power for charging after dark; storage requires included Sherpa 50 recharger