Our take on the JL Audio StealthMod® Audio Upgrade
Turn that frown into a smile
The sound system in your Ford F-150 pickup doesn't sound as good as you thought it would, does it? JL Audio comes to the rescue with this StealthMod audio upgrade system that'll make you very happy with the sound in your ride. This package allows you to replace the front door speakers, and increase the overall power, bringing excitement, impact, and a new clarity to your music. Adding the optional Stealthbox® subwoofer to this StealthMod will complete your Ford's system upgrade and bring you the ultimate in customized sound.
New component speakers
In order to guarantee superior sound reproduction in your Ford F-150, the factory front door speakers are replaced with JL Audio's Evolution® C3-570 5"x7" convertible component speakers and crossover networks. The C3 tweeters mount coaxially inside the C3 woofer cones. This change will bring out all the intricacies in your music, as well as set up a clearly defined soundstage that will make it seem as if the band is playing directly in front of you. The package includes speaker and crossover mounting brackets that help simplify the installation. The rear factory speakers are still driven by the factory radio.
One amp takes care of the whole system
JL Audio's XD700/5 5-channel amplifier, bridged to 3-channel operation for this StealthMod, provides power for the entire system. This compact beast installs neatly out of the way, feeding your new components up to 200 watts RMS each, while its sub channel will deliver 300 watts RMS to the Stealthbox, when you add it. This power allows all your speakers to operate at peak efficiency and eliminates distortion, so you enjoy clean sound, even at high levels. The amplifier mounts on a custom-fit bracket for a very neat installation on the rear cab wall.
Because you have the premium audio system, JL has included the CL-LSA load sensing adapter to compensate for the impedance differences between your stock radio and this amplifier.
Add the Stealthbox subwoofer
Your upgrade really won't be complete without adding some bass to the factory system. This JL Audio Stealthbox subwoofer perfectly matches your Ford's acoustic space, and fits in without taking up much space. The Stealthbox contains one 13" TW5-3 subwoofer, and it lives up to its name, as it broadcasts powerful bass throughout your F-150 from beneath the rear bench seat.
Your own concert hall
Once the StealthMod installation is complete, you'll start thinking of your F-150 as your own personal concert hall, as you experience the excitement that only a first-rate car audio system can create.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this StealthMod installation as high and recommends using a car audio professional to install this system, as this modification may void your factory radio's warranty. The package includes all the wires and hardware needed for a custom-fit, stealthy installation, along with photo-illustrated, detailed, step-by-step instructions.
- deluxe audio upgrade system
- fits 2009-up Ford F-150 models with Premium factory audio system
- compatible with an SB-F-150-SPRCRW/13TW5 Stealthbox subwoofer (sold separately)
- package includes:
- XD700/5 5-channel car amplifier (200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- power, ground, turn-on leads, 60-amp fuse, and RCA patch cables included
- 1 pair Evolution® C3-570 5"x7" convertible component speaker system
- HD-RLC remote subwoofer level control
- CL-LSA load sensing adapter to maintain a safe impedance load between the factory stereo and the JL amplifier
- system wiring harness (includes power, speaker, and signal wiring)
- custom-engineered amplifier, speaker, and crossover mounting brackets
- illustrated installation and setup instructions
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee