Dual-level video light
Share this product:
Our take on the Sony HVL-20DW2
Make sure your video footage looks its best even when you're shooting at night or in the dark. The powerful and compact Sony HVL-20DW2 video light helps brighten dimly lit or shadowy scenes to enhance colors and give added crispness to your shots.
The HVL-20DW2 features a dual-light design that provides two levels of illumination. You can easily switch it from one-bulb to two-bulb operation for even greater output a useful option for handling various lighting conditions. It attaches easily to your compatible Sony camcorder's accessory shoe and is powered by a single optional Sony InfoLithium® F Series battery.
- switchable single-bulb/dual-bulb operation
- mounts to compatible Sony camcorder's accessory shoe
- lamp power consumption: 10 watts (one bulb)/ 20 watts (both bulbs)
- uses a single Sony InfoLithium L Series battery pack
- 10-watt operation possible with Sony NP-F570 battery pack
- switchable 10-watt/20-watt operation requires a Sony NP-F770 or NP-F970 battery pack
- lighting distance: approximately 40 lux (10 Watts), 80 lux (20 Watts)
- lighting direction: horizontal
- lighting angle: 26 degrees
- Color temperature: 3,000 degrees K
- replaceable bulbs (available through Sony)
- average bulb life: approximately 100 hours
- 1-15/16"W x 4-5/8"H x 2-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
The Sony HVL-20DW2
double-decker camcorder light shines either 10 watts or 20 watts of light on a
scene to help you capture footage in nearly any condition and making it perfect
for nighttime shooting. The light is also compact and very lightweight.
Compatibility: The HVL-20DW2 Light is
designed to work with Sony camcorders that feature the accessory shoe mount. For
cameras that do not have the accessory shoe mount you can use an optional
bracket (VCT-S30L) from Sony which mounts to the tripod screw hole of the
camcorder and then the light mounts to the bracket on the right hand side of the
Battery Requirements: The HVL-20DW2 Light
requires one of the Sony battery-packs for operation.
- NP-F330/530/550: needed for single light (10
- NP-F730H/750/950: needed for both lights (20
- Power source:
7.2 V DC
- Power consumption: 10 W /20 W; switchable
- Average life of bulb:
Approx 100 hours
- Center Luminous Intensity:
1 bulb (10W) = 400cd, 2 bulbs (20W) - 800cd
- Lighting Direction:
- Lightning Angle:
- Color Temperature: 3,000°K
- Mass: 100 g (3.5 oz)
- Optional Accessories:
XB-20DX Halogen replacement lamp,
VCT-S30L accessory shoe bracket
Continuous lighting time (these are
approximate lighting times with a fully charged battery):
Luminance Lighting Distance:
1 Bulb (10W)
approx 1 m (3 1/5 ft)
approx 3 m (9 4/5 ft)
approx 5 m (16 1/2 ft)
approx 8 m (26 1/3 ft)
approx 10 m (32 4/5 ft)
Review this product:
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about this product. Please
be sure to focus your comments on the product itself. Read our
Review Guidelines for more information.
For a more in-depth review and enhanced detailed information on the
Sony HVL-20DW2, please visit the Crutchfield website product
Find the gear that's right
Ask an expert
Your Crutchfield Advisor knows the gear inside and out.
Get live, personalized service from an expert
Crutchfield Advisor: Hi there.
We're happy to answer questions or provide additional info about this item.
Advisors also available at 1-888-600-3963