Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Specifications and Dimensions
Overview: The Boyo VT-MH is a mobile ATSC-M/H digital TV receiver
which allows you to tune in mobile digital TV stations inside your vehicle,
around select cities broadcasting mobile DTV (Mobile
DTV Station Guide). Simply
connect the Boyo VT-MH to your vehicle's in-dash, headrest, or overhead monitor.
The Boy VT-MH includes a ATSC-M/H digital TV tuner module and an external
Note: The Boyo VT-MH mobile ATSC M/H digital TV tuner can receive
signal at up to 65 mph.
Hide-Away Digital Tuner Module: The ATSC digital TV tuner module is
designed to be hidden away inside your vehicle. It connects to your vehicle's
in-dash, overhead, or headrest monitor via composite video and stereo RCA.
Magnetic Antenna: The Boyo VT-MH includes an external pole antenna
with a magnetic base. The antenna is designed to be mounted on the roof or trunk
of the vehicle.
Channel Scan: When you use the ATSC-M/H digital receiver for the first
time, you will need to press the remote's "SCAN" button to receive channels.
When you have finished the channel scan, the channel data will be stored in the
receiver. When you move to another area outside of the original "channel-scan"
range, you will need to re-scan the tuner module for stations in your current
Channel Information: The Boyo VT-MH ATSC digital receiver will display
channel information such as Channel Number, Broadcasting Name, Reception of
Signal Strength, and Status of Audio (Stereo/Mono).
Remote Control: The Boyo VT-MH comes supplied with an IR wireless
remote control and external IR receiver. The IR receiver plugs into the
hide-away tuner's Remote (3.5mm) input and allows you to wirelessly operate the
ATSC tuner with the included IR remote. The remote has an operating range of 10'
at a 15-degree angle. The remote operates off of a single CR2025 3V lithium
Channel Selection: There are 3-ways to select channels from the
ATSC-M/H digital tuner.
- Manual Selection: Manually select next or previous channel.
- Direct Selection: Enter the channel number.
- Channel List: Select from a list of received channels.
Picture Size: You can change the screen size of the unit's video
output based on the type of monitor you are using. You can change the screen
size between Full and Normal.
- Power (DC12/24V) Input: The power input connects the supplied
- Remote Input: This 3.5mm input connect the included IR extension
- AV Output: This 3.5mm AV output connects the supplied AV cable to
your vehicle's in-dash, headrest, or overhead monitor.
- Antenna Input: The single SMB antenna connector connects the
included pole antenna.
- Micro-USB: The hide-away tuner features a micro-USB port for
downloading software and firmware updates (USB cable not included).
Specifications and Dimensions
- DC Power: DC 12V/24V
- Current Consumption: 300mA/160mA
- Audio Output Level: 0.5Vrms (10k ohms)
- Video Output Level: 1Vpp (75 ohms)
- Frequency Range: 57-803 MHz (VHF/UHF)
- Antenna Style: Pole
- Antenna Input Impedance: 50 ohms
- Reception of Signal: -90 dBm minimum
- ATSC M/H Digital Tuner Module: 4.875" (wide) x 0.75" (height) x
- Aerial Antenna: 1.1875" (diameter) x 5.875" (height)