About the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
Shoot like a pro
Shoot like a pro
Canon's L Series lenses are world-renowned for their high-performance optics and rugged reliability. You'll really see the difference that pro-quality glass makes with this 70-200mm f/2.8 telephoto zoom. Fans of indoor sports and wildlife photography will appreciate the exceptional light-gathering ability, razor-sharp images, and fast, silent autofocus this versatile lens offers.
The 70-200mm focal range and large maximum aperture also make this lens ideal for capturing stunning portraits. You can softly blur unnecessary background details, while making your crisply focused subject pop from the photo. And unlike many lenses whose aperture and brightness decrease as you zoom closer to your subject, this Canon features a maximum aperture of f/2.8 which remains constant throughout the zoom range. That means your images stay bright as you zero in, and your exposure values remain unchanged (a very handy feature when shooting manually).
- EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM telephoto zoom lens
- compatible with Canon EOS film and digital SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 70-200mm with full-frame digital or film cameras
- 112-320mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- Canon pro-quality L Series lens for superior image sharpness and durability
- large f/2.8 maximum aperture for better hand-held shooting in low-light environments
- ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for fast, silent autofocus
- available full-time manual focusing
- minimum focus distance: 4.9 feet
- lens construction: 18 elements in 15 groups
- four UD (ultra-low dispersion) glass elements increase optical quality and reduce chromatic aberrations
- aperture blades: 8
- filter size: 77mm
- lens is 7-5/8" long, 3-3/8" in diameter
- weight: 46.2 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- tripod mounting ring
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- carrying case
- MFR # 2569A004
What's in the box:
- EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM zoom lens
- E-77II Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- Tripod Mount Ring B (installed)
- ET-83II Lens hood
- LZ1324 Zippered storage pouch
- Neck strap
- EF Lens Instructions (CD-ROM)
- EF Lens Quick Guide
- Canon corporate locations
- Warranty card
More details on the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
Overview: The Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM lens is a telephoto zoom lens for Canon EOS cameras. The inner focusing system and USM (ultrasonic motor) gives you faster, more precise auto focusing.
Focus Distance Range: You can set the focusing distance to one of two ranges. If you are focusing on items 4.9 feet away or more, you can set the focusing distance range to 4.9' to infinity. If you will be shooting objects beyond 9.8 feet, the range can be switched to 9.8' to infinity for faster auto focusing.
Focusing Ring: Regardless of whether you're in manual or auto focus mode, the full-time focusing ring always works. This means you can auto focus on a subject, but manually change the focus by turning the focusing ring.
Focus Mode Switch: You can switch between Auto Focus and Manual Focus using the two-way AF/MF switch on the barrel of the lens.
Tripod Mounting Ring: The lens comes with the Tripod Mount Ring B (W) attached. Mounting the lens to the tripod instead of the camera provides better balance, and reduces strain on the camera's tripod threads due to the weight of the lens. The ring can be loosened by turning the lock knob, allowing it to rotate as needed to fit a particular camera model, or switching between vertical and horizontal positions. It can also be removed if desired.
Optional Extenders: The EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM lens is compatible with optional Canon extenders. The aperture value and focal lengths with the extenders are as follows:
- EF1.4x II: f/4, 98-280mm
- EF2x II: f/5.6, 140-400mm
Optional Filters: The lens has a 77mm mounting thread on the front of lens for attaching screw-on type filters.
- Focal Length/Aperture: 70-200 mm f/2.8
- Lens Construction: 18 elements in 15 groups (including 4 UD-glass elements)
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8 (constant)
- Minimum Aperture: f/32
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 34° - 12°
- Vertical: 19°30' - 7°
- Horizontal: 29° - 10°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 4.9' (1.5m)
- Diameter: 3.323"
- Length: 7.848" (8.593" with caps)
- Weight: 45.29 ounces