About the Klipsch RC-64 III
Klipsch's flagship Reference center channel
Klipsch's flagship Reference center channel
Measuring nearly three feet wide and weighing in at a massive 55 pounds, the Klipsch RC-64 III is not your average-sized center channel. Nor does this expertly designed, hand-built speaker produce average sound. It delivers vivid center-stage detail with every stroke of its four (!!) 6-1/2" woofers and dynamic 1-3/4" horn-loaded tweeter.
If you're building a high-end Reference Series surround sound system — and have a nice chunk of space available — the RC-64 III is an excellent choice as the centerpiece of your home theater.
The Klipsch RC-64 III center channel speaker is hand-built in the USA and features furniture-grade wood veneer (shown in natural cherry finish).
Notable upgrades over a worthy predecessor
The RC-64 III offers a number of design improvements over Klipsch's previous flagship center channel, including an all-new Tractrix® horn-loaded tweeter, new cast-basket woofer design, improved cabinet construction, and an upgraded crossover network. These all add up to smooth, revealing sound that pairs nicely with the matching RF-7 III floor-standing speaker.
Proudly made in the USA
The RC-64 III is designed and built in Hope, Arkansas. The back of each one features a plaque that's hand-signed by the speaker's craftsman, and is finished in furniture-grade wood veneer.
- hand-built in Hope, Arkansas
- frequency response: 57-24,000 Hz (±3dB)
- power handling: up to 200 watts RMS (800 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 99 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- Tractrix® horn with 1-3/4" titanium dome tweeter
- four 6-1/2" Cerametallic woofers
- furniture-grade black ash wood veneer
- dual binding posts for bi-amping or bi-wiring
- 35-13/16"W x 8"H x 15"D
- weight: 55 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1064562
What's in the box:
- Center channel loudspeaker
- 6 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- 2 Jumpers (pre-installed)
- Owner's Manual
Klipsch RC-64 III reviews
This speaker removed my on going frustration with voices and center content getting lost or muddied. I am running 250 watts RMS to this speaker and it creates a remarkable center platform. Upgrading to the larger 1.75 coil improved the clarity and reduced the harshness of my previous center channel. It is large but it doesn't appear to large above the 75" TV.
2 of 4 found this helpful
Worth the money to match it with my RF7III's. Incredible center channel for 4KHD Movies!
2 of 2 found this helpful
Large center channel - I could not mount it on the wall since it was too big but I bought a stand to place it on which works great! I am most pleased with this speaker and I always look forward to watching more and more movies with this as my CENTER CHANNEL.
4 of 4 found this helpful
Just an OK center speaker on the "sound quality" front. However build quality and finish is excellent.
Pros: Extremely well built and finshed
Cons: So so on fidelty rendering. Harsh at upper end. Not much on an upgrade if any from previous model.
7 of 18 found this helpful
More details on the Klipsch RC-64 III
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||6-1/2|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Frequency Response||57-24k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Horn Loaded Tweeter: The Klipsch RC-64 III features a newly designed 1.75-inch titanium-diaphragm compression driver inside a molded rubber square Tractrix Horn for smoother high-end response with greater extension, enhanced imaging, and more powerful dynamics. The 6.25" square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage.
- Tractrix Horn Tweeter: The Klipsch RC-64 III features a professional-grade 1.75" titanium-diaphragm compression driver inside a molded rubber square Tractrix Horn. The compression driver features a new phase plug design to improve phase coherency at the throat of the horn, resulting in improved sound pressure linearity at high frequencies.
- Molded Rubber Square Tractrix Horn: The redesigned Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The compressed molded rubber construction adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and improve detail. This creates the cleanest, most natural sound possible.
Quadruple Cerametallic Woofers: The four 6.5" woofers of the RC-64 III feature Klipsch's distinctive, copper-spun Cerametallic cones. Made with an anodized aluminum, these cones are strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts their inner and outer surfaces to ceramic. Each 6.5" woofer feature a heavy-duty cast aluminum frame for resonant-free operation. In addition, each woofer incorporates a dual shorting-ring magnet structure design to eliminate modulation of the magnetic flux resulting in improved linearity of cone movement. The 6.5" woofers also employ a rubber surround for added durability. The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer's operating range.
2.5-Way Crossover Network: The sophisticated 2.5-way crossover network design of the RC-64 III attenuates the outer woofers output at higher frequencies to minimize horizontal interference off-axis to the loudspeaker. This maintains a wide and even sound distribution, ensuring each listener hears the center channel information exactly as intended.
Dual Binding Posts: The speaker has two sets of binding posts connected by jumpers. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers (make sure to remove the jumpers in this scenario). The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire (16AWG - 10AWG).
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
MDF Sealed Enclosure: The enclosure features a MDF construction with a beautiful furniture-grade wood veneer, plus improved internal cross-bracing to minimize panel vibrations that can color sound. The acoustic suspension (sealed) design of the enclosure aids in the speaker's accurate, detailed sound.
Note: Available in a Black Ash, Natural Cherry, or Walnut finish.
Magnetic Grille: The RC-64 III center-channel loudspeaker features a removable magnetic grille which easily snaps into place over its cast-aluminum front baffle. The speaker can be used with or without its grille in place.
Rubber Feet: The center channel speaker comes with six self-adhesive rubber feet to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.3125" to the height of each speaker.
Placement: The RC-64 III should be centered directly above or below your video screen. If necessary, you can place the speaker on an optional floor stand in front of and below the screen that elevates it to the correct height. Ideally, however, the speaker's front baffle should be flush with the front of the screen.
USA Made: The Klipsch Reference III loudspeaker is built to order and handmade in the USA at Klipsch's manufacturing facility in Arkansas.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?