About the Samsung SmartThings GPS Tracker
Keep track of what matters most
Samsung's SmartThings Tracker and app help you find your lost things.
Keep track of what matters most
It'd be nice if finding lost items in real life were as simple as using Ctrl-F to find a word in a document. Well, with Samsung's new SmartThings Tracker, it almost is. Clip the Tracker to the item (or loved one) you don't want to lose, and you'll be able to find its (or their) location in no time using the SmartThings app.
How does it work?
Several companies make Bluetooth trackers, but those devices have limited range, which means they're dependent upon close proximity to the lost item. Samsung's SmartThings Tracker is backed by AT&T's nationwide LTE-M network that gives you the ability to track and locate your devices anywhere in the range of that cellular network. The first year of network coverage is included with your purchase. After that, it will cost $5 per month or $50 per year to use the Tracker.
More than a tracker
Set up a geofenced zone in the SmartThings app, and you'll be able to get an alert when the Tracker enters or exits the zone. For example, you might want to get notified when your pet leaves the yard or when your child gets home from school. The Tracker can also act as an arrival sensor to trigger your smart home automations.
- compact, water-resistant device helps track and locate important people and things
- easily attaches to backpacks, keys, pet collars, and more
- use in conjunction with free SmartThings app for iOS® and Android™ devices
- locate and follow Tracker in real time
- set up automatic notifications
- "SOS Alert" feature allows user to notify family members of their exact location
- create zones with geofencing
- get an alert when the tracker enters or exits a zone
- set connected smart home devices to turn on or off
- communication protocols: LTE Cat.M1, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.2
- AT&T LTE service included for the first 12 months at no additional charge (monthly or yearly plans available thereafter)
- IP68 water resistance (protected against continuous immersion)
- operating temperature: 0 - 95° F
- powered by rechargeable lithium ion battery
- battery lasts up to one week on single charge
- 1-11/16"W x 1-11/16"H x 1/2"D
- weight: .8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SM-V110AZWAATT
What's in the box:
- SmartThings tracker
- AC adapter with USB output (DC output: 5V 1.55A)
- 32" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Owner's Manual
- Terms & Conditions booklet
Samsung SmartThings GPS Tracker reviews
The best damn tracker I have ever bought
Pros: I love it.
Cons: None what so ever.
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Samsung SmartThings GPS Tracker
Overview: The Samsung SmartThings Tracker lets you keep track of the things (and people) that are important to you. It can be used with children, pets, or valuable items, so you can know its location at any time. Use of the SmartThings app is required for monitoring the tracker. One year of AT&T LTE service is included.
Tracker Module: The SmartThings Tracker is compact in size - 1-11/16" square and 1/2" tall. It weighs less than one ounce (0.8 oz.) It has a waterproof rating of IP68, which guarantees protection in water up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes. It comes with a strap that makes it easy to attach to the item, pet, or person you wish to track. The tracker has a single button on the side to turn the device on or off. A Micro-B USB charging port is located on the opposite side. An LED indicator glows red, blue, or green to show its status.
Communications: The SmartThings Tracker is equipped with Qualcomm 4G LTE technology, Bluetooth 4.2, and Wi-Fi protocols to communicate location data. The tracker sends out its current location at regular intervals to the Samsung Cloud. That information is then sent to the SmartThings app. Pressing the tracker's power button twice sends out the current location information. You can also send an SOS if you're in trouble. Depending upon the strength of the signal and network traffic, updates may take a couple of minutes to reach the SmartThings app. AT&T LTE-M network service is included for the first 12 months. After the first 12 months, the service is $5.00 per month, or $50.00 a year.
Note: The tracker only works on U.S. mobile networks.
Battery: The tracker has a built-in Lithium-ion Polymer battery that provides 4 to 5 days of typical usage. The unit has a power saving mode that pauses location updates to extend battery life out to about 10 days. The power saving mode should be used when the device is in the same location for an extended amount of time.
SmartThings App: The SmartThings app, available for iOS or Android devices, lets you monitor your SmartThings Tracker, and view its current location and travel path on a map. You can set up safe zones for an area, such as your home or school, and receive a notification when the tracker enters or leaves the zone. You can also turn on or off other SmartThings products (such as lights) when the tracker enters or leaves the designated zone. The app also indicates the battery level and satellite view status of the tracker. The app is compatible with iPhone/iPad, and requires iOS 10.0 or later. It is works with Android devices (version varies with device). The tracker does not work with the SmartThings Classic app.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?