About the Crutchfield Speaker Wire
Meet Buck Pomerantz
I belong to a culture of fine sights and sounds, and I like spreading the word.
I've been tinkering with electronics ever since I was a kid - starting with taking apart and putting back together televisions and radios. I always got them back together again and working. I took courses in radio and electronics as a teenager, and became a ham radio operator. I worked in my high school's stage crew, running sound, lights, and a movie projector. After college, I joined a rock 'n roll band as the soundman and learned how to lug around and operate the gear that helps make music sound good and loud.
Working in a music store in Austin, Texas, I spent a few years manufacturing, installing, repairing, and operating sound systems. Our customers were recording studios, nightclubs, and touring bands. Eventually I moved back to Charlottesville, Virginia and opened a small demo recording studio. In 2006, I finally came to my senses and got this job at Crutchfield. They actually pay me to ramble on, rant, and explain the things I love about music, electronics, and getting good sound.
Given my background, they put me to work writing about some of the most complex electronic products Crutchfield sells: car amplifiers, digital signal processors, wiring, professional sound mixers, and PA systems.
More about Buck
- Started at Crutchfield in 2006
- Completed our thorough in-house Advisor training, learning about the ins and outs of our various products
- Stays up-to-date by attending vendor training sessions for new products
- Earned MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certification
- Designed and organized Crutchfield's subwoofer wiring diagrams
- Authored dozens of Crutchfield articles and hundreds of product presentations, primarily focused on car audio amplifiers and pro audio gear
- Answers the many customer questions posted in the comments on his articles
- Semi-retired soundman with decades of experience making other people sound good
- From 1999 to 2018, also worked as a sidelines video camera grip for University of Virginia football and basketball games
More from Buck Pomerantz
Let your music flow freely
Let your music flow freely
If you're a do-it-yourselfer installing speakers or an amplifier, Crutchfield speaker wire will deliver your music efficiently, safely, and economically, so you get maximum performance out of your speakers.
Crutchfield wire is made of oxygen-free copper, with no impurities that could raise its resistance to a signal's flow or add interference. To ensure long term performance, the oxygen-free copper has been tinned for enhanced corrosion resistance. Crutchfield wire meets all Consumer Technology Association (CTA-2015) standards for size, resistance, and insulation quality. Warranty: 1 year.
This wire is sold by the foot — enter the number of feet desired in the "quantity" field of your shopping cart.
What's in the box:
- 16 AWG speaker wire with black jacket (sold by the foot)
Great quality wires at a reasonable price. If you're already investing in upgrading your car audio, don't overlook the importance of good durable speaker wires. Highly recommend this.
HT from San Leandro, CA
Crutchfield Speaker Wire reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
Thank you for submitting your review!
It may take up to a week for your review to appear.
Filter by rating
More details on the Crutchfield Speaker Wire
Features & Dimensions
Crutchfield Speaker Wire:
- Gauge: 16 AWG
- Wire Construction: Oxygen Free Copper
- Width: 0.285"
- Height: 0.155"
- Length: sold by the foot and cut to order
52 questions already asked