About the Crutchfield Premium HDMI Cable
Meet Steve Kindig
I'm a longtime audio/video geek. I love learning about and sharing info on the latest A/V tech.
I've been writing about audio/video gear for Crutchfield since 1985. These days, I spend most of my time covering TVs. But I've been an audiophile since high school, and I still often listen to music late into the night. So, whenever I get the chance, I love writing about high-end amps, preamps, and speakers, too.
Over the years, I've found other ways to help people connect with music. I'm a volunteer DJ at community radio station WTJU, where I'm a regular host of the American folk show "Atlantic Weekly," as well as the world music program "Beyond Borders," where I get to share my love of African music.
I'm also a board member of the Prism Coffeehouse, in Charlottesville. We produce a series of concerts featuring traditional and acoustic music. I help out at shows with ticket sales, merch sales for the artists, or anything else that needs doing, and in exchange, I get to hear live music almost every week.
I grew up on a farm in the high desert of Southern California, but have lived in the Charlottesville area over half my life. I love the town and the beautiful surrounding countryside. When the weather's nice, you'll often find me out hiking with my four-legged buddy, Finn the corgi, or biking, or kayaking.
- Authored dozens of Crutchfield articles and thousands of product presentations
- Has been interviewed for TV-related stories by numerous publications including Men's Health and the New York Times
- Has attended industry events including CES, Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, and Capital AudioFest
- Regularly hosts listening parties for co-workers in his basement media room
- Attends dozen of vendor training events every year
More from Steve Kindig
Despite what you may have read elsewhere, all HDMI cables are not the same. Crutchfield's Premium High Speed HDMI cables are certified to handle the highest-quality signals currently available, including 4K Ultra HD video and HDR (High Dynamic Range). These cables offer premium performance without the premium price.
To help A/V enthusiasts get the most from their 4K gear, the creators of HDMI technology have developed a rigorous cable testing and authentication process: The Premium HDMI Cable Certification Program. Cables are tested to make sure they support the full 18 Gbps bandwidth provided by the HDMI 2.0 specification. Plus, an EMI test ensures that cables minimize interference with wireless signals. Finally, every length of every model line must pass the tests to receive certification.
The certification program also includes a special authentication label placed on every certified product. It's a response to all the counterfeit and no-name cables on the market that claim performance that they don't actually deliver.
Should you get a Premium HDMI cable?
At lengths of a few meters or less, any well-made "high-speed" HDMI cable should work fine in most 4K applications. But if you're connecting an Ultra HD Blu-ray player to a 4K TV — especially a longer run — a Crutchfield Premium HDMI cable will guarantee flawless performance.
- latest HDMI version 2.0 features:
- supports 4K/60Hz and HDR (18 Gbps maximum bandwidth)
- bi-directional Ethernet communication with compatible components
- ARC (Audio Return Channel) for sending Dolby® Digital sound from the TV back to an A/V receiver
- 30-gauge conductors for dependable signal transfer
- durable PVC jacket
- CL2-rated for safe in-wall installation
- cable meets all CL2 requirements, but rating is not printed on jacket
- gold-plated contacts resist corrosion
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HDMI6
What's in the box:
- 6' HDMI cable
These are terrific HDMI cables for the price. Don't hesitate to get these.
Jody from BILLINGS, MT
Is cable flexible to fit behind a tv that will be on a tilt mount on a fireplace?
yes, the cable is flexible. I had to bring it around an obstacle, and it is fine. Be sure to get enough length. Better a little too much than not enough.
Crutchfield Premium HDMI Cable reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
Thank you for submitting your review!
It may take up to a week for your review to appear.
Filter by rating
More details on the Crutchfield Premium HDMI Cable
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
13 questions already asked