About the Dyson Pure Cool™ DP04
Clean your room with the touch of a button
Clean your room with the touch of a button
I have a Dyson vacuum that will clean my house — the problem is that it relies on me to actually use it. And, even then, it doesn't actually clean the air. Enter Dyson's Pure Cool desk fan, whose tagline is “the only purifying fan to clean a whole room properly.” And the best part is that it does it at the touch of a button.
When Pure Cool's auto mode is selected, its onboard sensors will adjust the settings according to air quality. When target air quality has been reached, the machine will pause — but the sensors are still monitoring your air. If air quality goes down, the machine comes back on. You can customize these settings to suit your needs using the Dyson Link app.
More app features
If you're right in front of your Pure Cool, you can easily scroll through the information menu on its very crisp LED display to check your air quality, but what if you're downstairs or stuck at work or on vacation? Well, the Dyson Link mobile app has you covered. You can get detailed indoor and outdoor air quality information — including which specific pollutants have been detected and when. You can also create a purification schedule or control air flow speed, mode, timer, and oscillation from wherever you happen to be.
A real-world trial
Watch your air quality change in real time on the DP04's crisp LCD screen.
I got to take the taller, tower version of the Pure Cool for a test drive recently. With two cats, two dogs (well three if you count our foster dog), and an asthmatic husband, I often worry about the air quality in our house. And I know the dust build-up on my current fan is only making it worse.
Assembly is as simple as attaching the two sets of filters — first the carbon and then the HEPA. It was really easy, and made me feel like this fan might actually purify my air. There's only a single button on the front, so turning it on is a breeze.
Speaking of simple, you don't need a key to decipher the remote either. It's got on/off, more/less airflow, and oscillation. Being able to choose the oscillation angle is, quite literally, very cool. When I chose 45°, it covered exactly the width of my bed with no wasted airflow — a precious commodity in a warm room.
There's also night mode, which dims the display and restricts airflow to the lowest settings. I love a fan for white noise so I kept it on 7 for a nice breeze and some pleasant, neutral background noise. Press the backward airflow button if you want to purify your room without cooling.
Press the remote's “i” button and you get the very robust information menu. You can scroll through various kinds of scary pollutants and be happy that the Pure Cool is eliminating them from your air. If your fan is oscillating while you do this, it will pause so that you can see the screen — a nice touch. You can also check remaining filter life and — my favorite — view the temperature and humidity in the room.
I turned it on before I went to bed and my air quality was in the yellow zone (as expected, there's a lot of pollen and pet dander flying around my house). When I checked in the morning it was a steady green line.
- high-performance air purifier and adjustable-strength desk fan
- Air Multiplier™ technology delivers over 77 gallons per second of smooth, yet powerful airflow
- backward airflow mode purifies without cooling
- 360° glass HEPA filter captures ultra-fine particles from the air
- removes 99.97% of allergens and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns from the air
- a layer of activated carbon granules captures odors and air pollutants
- check your air quality in real time on the fan's built-in LED display
- one-touch oscillation lets you direct air all around your room
- adjustable oscillation angle from 45º - 350º
- night-time mode monitors and purifies air at the quietest settings and dims the LED display
- auto mode uses onboard sensors to intelligently adjust the speed of the airflow according to the air quality in the room
- compatible with Amazon Echo for voice control
- Dyson Link mobile app features:
- indoor and outdoor air quality information viewable in real time
- remotely control air flow speed, mode, timer, and oscillation
- create a purification schedule
- explore historic air quality information to learn about your indoor environment
- available for Apple® and Android™
- smooth, bladeless design
- keeps kids and pets safe
- makes cleaning quick and easy
- front-panel on/off button
- multi-function remote control handles all unit adjustments
- curved and magnetic to stow neatly on top of fan
- Certified Asthma and Allergy friendly™
- 6-foot power cord
- 8-15/16"W x 27-1/4"H x 8-15/16"D
- weight: 10.25 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 310150-01
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dyson Pure Cool™ DP04
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?