About the Bose® Acoustimass® 6 Series II
When it comes to home theater, Bose's Acoustimass 6 Series II is a real crowd pleaser, delivering rich, spacious surround sound the whole family will enjoy. Consisting of five tiny single-cube satellites and a compact bass module, this system virtually hides itself anywhere you put it giving center stage to the movie action, not the speakers.
The satellites are video-shielded, so you can place them next to your TV without picture distortion. Color-coded cables make setup exceptionally quick and easy. Best of all, the Acoustimass 6 Series II carries a modest price tag that anyone can appreciate!
The Acoustimass 6 Series II and optional wall/ceiling brackets are available in black or white (see below).
- five video-shielded, single-cube satellite speakers
- Acoustimass bass module
- automatic protection circuitry prevents damage from electrical stress or overload
- handles up to 100 watts x 5 with receivers rated from 4 to 8 ohms
- cubes: 3-1/8"H x 3-1/8"W x 4-1/8"D, bass module: 7-1/2"W x 14"H x 17-3/8"D
- warranty: 5 years
What's in the box:
- 1 Black Acoustimass woofer module
- 5 Black single cube satellites
- Plastic module end cover (hides wires connected to subwoofer)
- One black 20' system input cable with tinned wire on one end and RCA jacks on the other end (for connecting sub module to outputs on receiver)
- One black 20' length of speaker wire with 3 RCA jacks on one end and tinned wire on the other end (for connecting sub module to left/right/center cubes)
- One black 50' length of speaker wire with 2 RCA jacks on one end and tinned wire on the other end (for connecting sub module to left and right surround cubes
- 4 large self-adhesive feet for bass module (adds 0.35" to height)
- 4 small self-adhesive feet for center channel cube
- Owner's Guide
- US/Canada registration and warranty card
- Foreign registration and warranty card
- Bose product line brochure
- "Our Commitment to You" letter
- Quick setup guide poster
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® Acoustimass® 6 Series II
Features & specs
|Pieces in System||6|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||RCA/Spring clip|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||30-40|
|Parts Warranty||5 YEARS|
|Labor Warranty||5 YEARS|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||10-100|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||Not Given|
|Main Speakers (inches)||---|
|Center Speaker (inches)||---|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||---|
|Subwoofer (inches)||14H x 7-1/2W x 17-3/8D|
Acoustimass Speaker Technology: Unlike conventional subwoofers that radiate sound from a vibrating cone, the Acoustimass module launches sound into the room on a column of air. This innovation results in bass so natural and pure, its source is almost impossible to localize, allowing you to place the Acoustimass module almost anywhere. And all the sound appears to come from the tiny cube speakers.
Adaptive Energy Summing: Reproduces bass for the front and surround channels from a single enclosure. This eliminates the need for multiple bass sources
Automatic Protection Circuit: When played at high volume, this system's automatic protection circuit activates to prevent damage to the system from electrical stress or overload. When this happens, you may notice a slight decrease in volume, which is normal.
Module End Cover: The supplied module end cover is designed to hide the cabling attached to the Acoustimass module.
- Each single cube contains a 2-1/2" wide-range cone driver.
- The five satellites are video shielded, but the bass module is not shielded.
- The bass module contains two 5-1/4" dual voice coil low-frequency drivers.
- The bass module has a port opening in the front of the unit.
Wiring: This system is wired in a unique manner. There is a 20' cable (five pairs of wires which can be pulled apart) with tinned wire on one end which is connected to the receiver's center, right and left front, and left and right surround outputs. The other end has male RCA jacks which plug into RCA inputs on the Bass Module. The Bass module has RCA outputs for the front left and right, center, and left and right surround cube speakers. To connect these you use the 20' front (left, right and center) and 50' rear (left and right surround) cables included in the package which have RCA connectors. Each cube array has a spring clip input which will accept the bare tinned leads on the other end of the speaker wire.
Wall Mounting: Each of the satellites has a 5mm female thread in the back allowing for the use of optional screw in type brackets.
Receiver Settings: Settings vary according to the mode of the receiver.
In Pro Logic mode the center speaker should be set as Normal. In Dolby Digital or DTS the left and right front speakers should be set as Large. The center speaker should be set as Small. The left and right surrounds should be set as Large. The LFE or Low frequency effects should be ON. The subwoofer should be set in the OFF position.
- As with most Bose products, many specifications such as frequency response and sensitivity are not given.
- Power is given as "compatible with receivers or amplifiers rated from 10-100 watts per channel".
- Impedance is given as "compatible with receivers or amplifiers rated from 4-8 ohms".