About the Bose® CineMate® 1 SR digital home theater speaker system
Add rich Bose® sound to your HDTV with this simple system, and keep clutter and hookup hassles to a minimum. The Bose® CineMate® 1 SR digital home theater speaker system comes with a low-profile, décor-friendly sound bar that you place near your TV, and a wireless Acoustimass® module that practically disappears into your room.
Hear wide, spacious sound see just one slim speaker
With PhaseGuide sound radiators and TrueSpace® signal processing, the sound bar delivers a wide, enveloping soundstage with all your TV shows, DVD and Blu-ray movies, and video games. The wireless Acoustimass® module is easy to tuck out of the way, and it delivers deep, punchy bass.
Flexible placement options
Bose® made the CineMate® 1 SR system exceptionally easy to set up and use. Thanks to Flexmount automatic placement compensation technology, you can wall-mount the sound bar vertically as an elegant, thin-profile companion to your flat-panel TV or place it horizontally on your TV stand. Built-in circuitry determines the position of the speaker and adjusts its output accordingly to ensure wide, spacious sound.
Auto setup tailors the sound to your room
The built-in ADAPTiQ® audio calibration system customizes the sound to fit your specific room. It's incredibly easy: Just put on the supplied headset equipped with built-in microphones, sit in your favorite spot and the ADAPTiQ® system does the rest. You can optimize up to five listening locations in your room, so all your family is guaranteed to have the best seat in the house. A programmable universal remote lets you control the system, as well as most brands of TVs and home theater components.
- powered home theater speaker system
- sound bar includes five transducers with powerful neodymium magnets, plus two PhaseGuide sound radiators to deliver room-filling sound
- TrueSpace® signal processing delivers spacious sound effects
- Flexmount automatic placement compensation lets you mount the speaker flat on a wall or place it flat on a table
- includes one optical digital and one RCA analog input for your TV and one optical digital and one coaxial digital input for a DVD player
- video-shielded (prevents magnetic distortion on tube TVs)
- wall mountable with optional bracket
- Acoustimass® module delivers rich bass
- control knob on the Acoustimass® module lets you adjust bass level
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- universal IR remote control
- includes one coaxial digital, one RCA and two optical digital audio cables
- sound bar: 36-3/4"W x 4-7/8"H x 2-3/8"D
- Acoustimass® module: 14-3/4"W x 10-7/8"H x 7-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 329198-1100
What's in the box:
- Soundbar speaker
- Acoustimass module
- Two 5' AC Power cords
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- ADAPTiQ audio cablibration headset
- Two 6.5' Optical digital cables
- 6' Coaxial digital cable
- 6' Stereo audio RCA cable
- 3 Speaker array extension feet
- 4 Acoustimass module feet
- Setup/Demonstration DVD (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Setup Guide (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Operating Guide (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Universal Remote Device Codes
- Important Safety Instructions
- Bose Corporation contact information
- Warranty Info/Online product registration
- "Our Commitment To You" letter
Bose® CineMate® 1 SR digital home theater speaker system reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® CineMate® 1 SR digital home theater speaker system
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||1.1|
|Virtual Surround||TrueSpace Technology|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||2|
|HDMI ARC Input||---|
|HDMI eARC Input||---|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Woofer||2 PhaseGuide radiators|
|Subwoofer Driver||5.0 Cone|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||Not given|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||---|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||---|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||4-7/8H x 36-3/4W x 2-3/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||7.8 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||10-7/8H x 7-5/8W x 14-3/4D|
|Subwoofer Weight||13.8 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
1.1 Speaker System: The CineMate 1 SR Home Theater Speaker System offers spacious home theater sound from a sleek soundbar speaker and wireless Acoustimass module. The CineMate 1 SR connects directly to your flat-panel HDTV, with no additional AV receiver required. The CineMate 1 SR system's sound can be customized to your room size, shape, and furnishings. Exclusive Bose innovations enable wide, spacious sound that extends well beyond the soundbar speaker's physical size. And the wireless Acoustimass module adds emphatic low-notes to your movies, music, and games; while it is neatly tucked away from view. The CineMate 1 SR Home Theater Speaker System is all controlled with a simplified universal IR remote.
Soundbar Speaker Array: The soundbar speaker uses a Speaker Array design and PhaseGuide sound radiators, along with TrueSpace technology to direct sound with precision, sending acoustic detail to the left, right and center of your room.
- Speaker Array Design: The soundbar speaker array features five identical transducers with powerful neodymium magnets.
- PhaseGuide Sound Radiators: The soundbar speaker also employs two PhaseGuide sound radiators to deliver room-filling sound.
- TrueSpace Technology: Proprietary TrueSpace digital processing circuitry delivers a spacious, multichannel sound experience with strong left, right and center imaging from a single soundbar speaker.
Wireless Acoustimass Module: The wireless Acoustimass module produces deep low notes for added home theater realism. The wireless link allows for flexible placement and does away with any speaker cables from the module to the soundbar. The wireless Acoustimass module adds dramatic low notes to your entertainment, without the addition of more cables. The soundbar speaker and Acoustimass module are paired at the factory.
Note: To avoid wireless interference, keep other wireless equipment, such as wireless computer network routers, cordless phones, microwave ovens, or other WiFi-enabled audio/video devices away from the soundbar speaker and Acoustimass module.
Bose ADAPTiQ Audio Calibration System: The soundbar speaker's performance is customized to the acoustics of your room with the Bose ADAPTiQ audio calibration system. ADAPTiQ audio calibration system analyzes the way your room's dimensions and other variables affect sound, then automatically adjusts the sound of your speaker system to the acoustics of your room. To perform a calibration you need about 10 minutes when the room is quiet. While wearing the special headset, the system will ask you to place yourself in five different locations (sitting or standing) in your listening area as the system takes measurements in each. Audio prompts from the system will guide you through the process.
Dolby Digital/DTS: The Bose CineMate 1 SR features optical and coaxial digital inputs, while providing digital 5.1ch decoding for improved realism from 5.1ch-encoded Blu-rays, DVDs, DBS, or HDTV.
Remote Control: The CineMate 1 SR system includes a universal remote that can be programmed to control your TV, DVD or Blu-ray Disc player, cable/satellite box, and VCR. With this universal remote, you can enjoy the convenience of using only one remote control for all your home theater equipment.
- Source Control: You can easily switch control from one source to another by pressing the appropriate source button at the top of the remote. In addition to controlling the selected source, the remote will always control the basic speaker functions (on/off, volume, mute) of the CineMate 1 SR system.
- Navigating On-Screen Menus: The menu and program selection buttons will control only one source at a time. Select the source you want to use first.
- Playback Controls: The functionality of the source playback buttons may vary depending on the type and brand of your device. The remote offers Play, Pause, Top, Fast Forward/Rewind, Next/Previous, numeric keypad controls.
Bass Control Knob: The bass control knob located on the rear-panel of the Acoustimass module allows you to change the bass level output of the system. Turn the bass control knob clockwise to increase the bass or counter-clockwise to decrease the bass.
Audio Connections: The CineMate 1 SR digital home theater speaker system takes the place of your TV's built-in speakers. This is done by connecting your TV's audio output to the TV audio input (TV Input) on the CineMate system. In addition to the connection from the TV, you can also connect up to two of your audio/video devices (sources) directly to the CineMate system's auxiliary inputs to assure the best possible sound quality from these sources (the aux inputs are designed to provide a second signal path for a source already connected to the TV, not as an input for additional sources). The soundbar speaker is equipped with bottom-panel analog and digital audio inputs for TV and Auxiliary.
- TV Input: The soundbar is fitted with one analog stereo RCA input, one optical digital audio input, and one coaxial digital audio input to connect to a wide variety of televisions.
- Auxiliary Inputs: The soundbar is also fitted with one optical digital audio input and one coaxial digital audio input to connect two digital audio sources (Blu-ray/DVD player, Cable/Sat box) for optimum sound quality. These Aux inputs provide a direct audio signal from your AV source to the soundbar.
Note: While a source is playing the CineMate 1 SR system will continuously compare the AUX input audio stream with the TV Input audio stream and automatically select the highest-quality audio stream available. To enjoy the full benefit of hearing TV audio through the CineMate 1 SR system, the internal speakers in your TV should be turned off.
SmartSource Input Selection: The SmartSource input selection system automatically monitors the speaker's TV and Auxiliary inputs. As you switch sources, the system retrieves the best audio signal available. What you see and what you hear is always in sync.
Cable Management: There are cable clips on the bottom-panel of the soundbar speaker to neatly organize the system's audio cables.
AC Power: Because the soundbar speaker and wireless Acoustimass module are self-powered, each requires a separate AC power connection.
Flexmount Technology: Proprietary Flexmount technology ensures optimal performance wherever the soundbar is positioned. The soundbar speaker can be mounted to a wall (using the optional WB-135 bracket, sold separately); or placed flat on a table. Flexmount technology detects the soundbar speaker's orientation and ensures optimal audio output however you position the speaker. To raise the soundbar speaker and allow more space under it, you can install the included extension feet.
Note: The CineMate 1 SR system uses the reflective surfaces of your room to deliver wide, spacious sound. For best sound quality, the speaker array should not be placed inside a cabinet, or diagonally in a corner.
Acoustimass Module Placement: When placing the Acoustimass module on bare floors, or other smooth surfaces, attach the included rubber feet to the bottom of the module for greater stability and to protect your floor. For best sound quality, place the Acoustimass module on its feet along the same wall as your TV, or along any other wall in the front third of the room. The front opening of the module can face any direction.
7 questions already asked