About the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
Classic Bose noise cancellation with groundbreaking features
The sleek, durable Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 offer customizable noise cancellation and a host of other state-of-the-art features.
Classic Bose noise cancellation with groundbreaking features
Many of our customers immediately associate noise-cancelling headphones with Bose. Makes sense. Bose pioneered and popularized this category. And with the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 — complete with audio-based Augmented Reality — they continue to evolve and reshape what headphones can do.
These sleek over-ears offer customizable noise cancellation, and some innovative, on-the-go features (some originally developed for wearable tech products, like the Bose Frames). Of course, music and podcasts play wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth. But you also have one-touch access to Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa via your smartphone. Ask questions, dictate texts, or control your tunes by voice — with no awkward delays.
Manually adjust your noise cancellation
The Headphone 700s offer Bose's legendary noise cancellation, but with a convenient twist. You have precise control over how much external noise they block out. Just tap a button on the left earcup to scroll through 11 levels of noise cancellation.
In a quiet office, a lower setting may be enough to knock out the hum of the HVAC system. While on a plane, you'd probably use the highest level to make the super-loud engine drone melt away.
Augmented Reality for your ears
The audio-based Bose AR platform can serve up information on nearby landmarks based on your location and head movement (optional feature of the Bose Connect app for iPhone).
These headphones also feature motion detectors that can be employed when you download the Bose Connect app to your phone. This free app includes an augmented reality platform known as Bose AR. The GPS in your mobile device works together with the Headphones 700 to serve up audio cues and content based on your location and head movement. In certain places, you can play augmented reality games, get walking directions, or even learn facts and information about the buildings and landmarks you see.
Bose AR is currently in its infancy, but Bose has opened the platform up to third-party app developers. I expect the audio experiences to get better and better. We've already seen it enhance some special events. At this year's Coachella, concert-goers received real-time audio notifications and updates through certain Bose headphones — like alerts when their favorite band was about to take the stage.
(Bose AR is currently available for iPhone® and iPad® users only; Android™ apps in development. Bose AR availability and functionality varies.)
Touch controls and a convenient way to hear others
"Conversation mode" quickly turns off noise-canceling so you can hear other people or your surroundings.
The right earcup also has a touch-sensitive panel. You control music, volume, and calls with a simple tap or swipe of your finger. Bose has a powerful four-microphone system built in to ensure your calls sound clear in loud or windy places.
You can also use those mics to let in important ambient noise or voices. "Conversation mode" will temporarily turn off the noise-canceling technology so you can hear a co-worker or in-flight instructions. Simply hold the noise cancellation button on the left earcup, and the built-in mics will pick up external sounds and voices.
20 hours of wireless use with noise cancellation
The Bose Noise Cancelling 700 headphones have a built-in rechargeable battery and include a charging cable. On a full charge, you can get up to 20 hours of wireless listening with noise cancellation on. A voice prompt tells you how much battery life you have left every time you power them on. It will also tell you when you're paired with your Bluetooth® device.
- lightweight, over-the-ear design
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music listening and phone calls
- NFC-compatible for one-touch pairing with compatible devices
- active noise cancellation uses internal circuitry to block out external distractions
- noise cancellation level is manually adjustable
- 11 levels of noise cancellation
Free, optional Bose® Connect app for Apple and Android:
- offers seamless toggling between multiple Bluetooth devices
- the app can also control the amount of noise cancellation
- customize the sound based on music type, external surroundings, and more
- Bose AR offers audio-based augmented reality games, navigation cues, and more
- works with motion sensors inside the headphones to detect your head and body movement
- Bose AR currently available for iPhone and iPad users only; Android apps in development
- Bose AR availability and functionality varies
- dedicated earcup button summons Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa on your smartphone or tablet
- ask questions, dictate texts, and control music by voice
- available for Apple® and Android™
- earcup touch controls let you answer calls, play/pause music, skip tracks, and control volume
- tactile button for toggling through levels of noise cancellation
- press button quickly to toggle through, and hold button for one second to activate "conversation mode"
- "conversation mode" turns off noise-canceling so you can hear your surroundings
- built-in microphone for making calls with a smartphone
- four-mic system filters out wind and background noise for clearer calls
General info and accessories:
- durable stainless-steel headband with soft foam underside
- soft, angled synthetic protein leather ear pads provide long-lasting comfort
- rechargeable battery provides up to 20 hours of wireless use with noise cancellation
- passive mode allows continued listening when the battery runs out (noise cancellation requires battery power)
- voice prompts provide information on battery life, device connection, and caller ID
- includes USB-C cable for charging
- 42" detachable miniplug cable for wired listening
- earcups rotate and fold for compact storage
- carrying case included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 794297-0100
More details on the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||NA Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 year|
|Labor Warranty||1 year|