About the Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds
The first wire-free earbuds with legendary Bose noise cancellation
The Bose QuietComfort Earbuds conform to your ears for a secure fit that avoids painful pressure points.
The first wire-free earbuds with legendary Bose noise cancellation
The Bose QuietComfort Earbuds cancel noise better than any other in-ears I've ever tried. I'm not surprised Bose is the best — after all, they pioneered and popularized the very idea of noise-cancelling headphones. But frankly I am surprised that a pair of earbuds are capable of knocking out noise this well.
Music plays wirelessly via Bluetooth® 5.1 — the latest and most reliable version of the popular wireless technology. And there's no cord connecting the two sweatproof earbuds, making them a convenient choice for work, exercise, or listening on the go. Bose's famous super-comfortable fit and relaxed sound make them a pleasure to use.
Dial in the perfect amount of noise cancellation
You have precise control over how much external noise these earbuds block out. Just tap the left earbud twice to select between a high or low level of noise cancellation. Or choose a third option, transparency mode, which uses the built-in mics to pick up external sounds and voices.
The free, downloadable Bose Music app for Apple® and Android™ offers even more control. You can step through 11 discrete levels of the noise cancellation, based on how loud it is around you.
My first impression: noise-cancelling delivers serious "wow" factor
In the past, I've used a handful of earbuds that I'd say were "very good" at hushing external distractions — in most cases it's more like "good enough." If I play music, the noise cancellation allows me to tune out the noise around me. But these Bose earbuds were the first in-ears that I'd say could rival the noise cancellation in over-ear headphones.
Here's what I mean: To test noise-cancelling earbuds, I'll often listen to podcasts while mowing the grass. About the best I can usually expect is to keep the volume at safe listening levels and still understand what the host and guests are saying. With the QuietComfort Earbuds, things were markedly different.
I popped the earbuds in, started the mower, and tapped the right earbud twice to activate the strongest level of noise cancellation. After some brief "WHOOSHing" noises, the loud engine drone was reduced to a few faint high-frequency grinding sounds. And I hadn't even hit play on the podcast! When I did, I found I could make out conversations, even at very low levels — less than 25% on my phone's volume slider.
Renowned Bose comfort
"In-ears for people who don't like in-ears": That's how I usually describe Bose earbuds to folks who haven't tried them, thanks to their famous StayHear® ear tips. They don't go in as deeply as some earbuds, but instead rest securely and comfortably, just inside your ears. Yet they still manage to passively block out external sound even before Bose's top-rate circuitry kicks in.
With the QuietComfort Earbuds, Bose includes three sizes of StayHear® Max tips — the latest and greatest incarnation. Bose has tweaked the design of the flexible wing tip that stabilizes the earbuds. I found that they better conformed to my ears and stayed in place securely as I moved my head.
Spacious sound with deep, hard-hitting bass
The StayHear Max tips also avoided sensitive parts of my ear and created a tight seal. This is crucial for noise cancellation, of course, but also provides sonic advantages. Most notably, I got the full effect of the bass response — which punches hard for a set of true wireless buds.
Snap the earbuds into the charging case to quickly sync them to your phone.
When listening in my home office, what struck me most was the outside-the-head soundstage. Within the wide-open space, the instruments and vocals all have their distinct place. It was evident in the aforementioned podcasts, where conversations sounded natural, as if the voices were in front of me rather than one ear or the other. But it also played well in everything from James Taylor acoustic tracks, with the true-to-life reverb around every guitar pluck, to a Griselda playlist, where the deep bass and clear percussion helped punctuate the hip-hop group's moody production.
Solid battery life with charging case
These headphones offer six hours of listening and noise cancellation on a single charge. When they need more juice, just snap the earbuds into the included charging case. I can palm this small case in my hand, but it packs enough power to recharge the earbuds twice.
And just 15 minutes inside the case gives you two hours of playback with noise cancellation.
- 100% wire-free headphones
- no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- built-in Bluetooth 5.1 for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphones
- clear, spacious sound with deep bass
- active noise cancellation uses internal circuitry to block out external distractions
- earbud controls let you select high or low levels of cancellation, or "transparency mode" to hear external sounds
- 11 discrete noise cancellation levels available via the mobile app
- IPX4 sweat- and weather-resistant
Controls and mobile app
- touch controls on each earbud let you answer calls and control music, noise cancellation, and volume
- access Siri or Google Assistant voice controls assistants from your phone
- built-in microphone array for taking calls
- mic system designed to better capture your voice in noisy or windy conditions
- free, optional Bose® Music app for Apple and Android offers seamless toggling between multiple Bluetooth devices
- customize your sound settings and noise cancellation
General information and accessories:
- three sizes of soft silicone StayHear™ Max tips provide a stable, comfortable fit
- flexible wings keep earbuds secure during exercise
- extended wing redesign for better contact distribution that avoids pressure points
- built-in rechargeable batteries offer up to 6 hours of listening with noise cancellation
- voice prompts provide information on battery life, device connection, and caller ID
- included carrying case banks up to 12 hours of power to wirelessly recharge headphones
- 15 minutes inside case provides enough power for 2 hours of listening with noise cancellation
- USB-A to USB-C cable included for charging case
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 831262-0020
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds
Features & specs
|Fit Style||True Wireless|
|Earcup Width x Height|
|Mic For Taking Calls||---|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Parts Warranty||1 year|
|Labor Warranty||1 year|