About the Bose® SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier
Make your speakers part of a multi-room system
Make your speakers part of a multi-room system
The Bose® SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier lets you integrate your own speakers into a wireless music system. The SA-5 amplifier wirelessly receives audio from other Bose® SoundTouch® systems, letting you play the music through connected speakers and control it all from your smartphone. The SA-5 amplifier delivers 100W per channel, ensuring your speakers get all the power they need for optimal performance.
Connects to your home wireless network
The SA-5 amplifier uses your home Wi-Fi® network, and comes with Internet radio and popular music services built in. You'll have a world of music conveniently available at your fingertips. And because it's Bose®, setup and operation is easy and intuitive.
Built-in Bluetooth expands your listening options
The SA-5 amplifier also has built-in Bluetooth. So if you just want to stream music from your smartphone or tablet, no problem. Using Bluetooth lets you stream audio from any app you want.
Three auxiliary inputs let you connect non-streaming audio sources, such as a CD player or home theater receiver, bringing its music into the SoundTouch® wireless network to be shared in one, two, or many rooms simultaneously.
And you can connect two pairs of speakers to the system in parallel. Power four speakers from a single SA-5 amplifier.
The simple, powerful SoundTouch® app
The free SoundTouch® app from Bose® is the key to simple setup and control. It makes it easy to select music and operate the SA-5 amplifier using your smartphone, tablet, or even a computer.
The app lets you choose from music services like Pandora, Spotify, and Deezer for a practically unlimited amount of online music (subscription required for Spotify and Deezer). Or, listen to thousands of free Internet radio stations from around the world with iHeartRadio. You can use the app to save stations and playlists as presets for instant recall with the included remote, or simply by using the control buttons on top of the speaker.
Quick wireless setup
Getting the SA-5 amplifier up and running is simple. The free app walks you through the wireless setup process, so you can start listening in just minutes. Or use the included USB cable to connect the amplifier to your computer, and follow step-by-step instructions for setting it up on your network.
- connected stereo amplifier with 100 watts per channel
- two speaker connectors let you connect up to four speakers in parallel (when running 2 pairs of speakers they should be rated no lower than 8 ohms)
- 3 auxiliary inputs
- 2 RCA stereo inputs
- 1 stereo minijack input
- connects to your Wi-Fi network for wireless music listening
- Ethernet input for a wired connection to your home network
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- free SoundTouch® app lets you control the player and play music with your Apple® or Android™ device as well as Mac® and Windows® PCs
- support for online music services, including Spotify, Pandora, Deezer Premium, and iHeartRadio for thousands of free internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- expand your multi-room system with additional Bose® SoundTouch® speakers
- play the same song through multiple speakers or different songs in different rooms
- player can be set up wirelessly or by using the included USB cable with a computer (USB port is for setup only)
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, and Apple Lossless (ALAC) files
- mounting bracket and hardware included
- requires AC power (AC adapter provided)
- 7-5/16"W x 3-1/8"H x 13-1/16"D
- 3.3 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 737253-1110
What's in the box:
- Network audio amplifier
- 5' AC power cord
- 38" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Mounting bracket
- 2 Screws
- 2 Wall-anchors
- Owner's Guide
- Quick Setup Guide
Bose® SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier
SoundTouch Wireless Music System: The SoundTouch SA-5 is part of the Bose SoundTouch wireless music ecosystem which allows you to play music throughout your home. The SoundTouch ecosystem is able to stream music wirelessly throughout your house over your home's WiFi network; it even works with your Bluetooth devices. With SoundTouch, you can stream Internet radio, select music services, and your music library throughout your home. A free Bose app transforms your Apple iOS or Android mobile device into the system's remote control.
SoundTouch Amplifier: Connect the versatile Bose SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier system to your choice of loudspeakers and enjoy wireless access to Internet radio, select online music services, and your music library. The SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier is rated at 100 watts x 2 channels (in 8Ω, at 20-20kHz, with 0.5% THD). It can run two pairs of speakers in parallel, so you can wire up to four speakers to the amp (all attached speakers will work together as one SoundTouch zone). The amplifier features Bose proprietary digital signal processing technology, digital volume control, and thermal overload protection. The amplifier feature screw-type speaker terminals that will accept between 18- to 14-gauge speaker wire.
Note: If using a single pair of speakers, use speakers rated at 4-ohms or higher. When running two pairs of speakers, use speakers rated no lower than 8-ohms.
Multiroom Audio: You can link up to four SoundTouch wireless components together for a multiroom/multisource audio experience. You are able to play the same music source or different music source on each SoundTouch system, using the SoundTouch app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows/Mac computer.
- Compatible Sources: Internet radio & online music services, as well as computer & Bluetooth audio streaming can be distributed to multiple rooms.
- Non-Compatible Sources: The Aux input does not support multiroom audio distribution.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The SoundTouch SA-5 amp offers a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) connection to your home network. The amplifier features a rear-panel Ethernet R-J45 port and built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz). The amp's network connection can be setup initially from the SoundTouch Controller App on your Apple iOS (5.1.1+) device or Android (4.0.3+) smartphone/tablet. You can also use the included microUSB-to-USB cable, along with the SoundTouch Controller App for system setup from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac (OS X 10.68+) computer.
SoundTouch Controller App: The Bose SoundTouch Controller app is required for initial setup and control of the Bose SoundTouch music system. The Bose SoundTouch Controller app can be downloaded on your Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, or Mac computer. Now you'll be able to setup and control the SoundTouch system from your Apple iOS or Android device, or from your Windows or Mac computer. Once initial setup is complete, you can use this app to explore Internet radio, select online music services, or browse your music library from your home network and computer for playback on the Bose SoundTouch system.
- For Apple iOS or Android: You can download the free SoundTouch Controller app (from Apple's App Store or Google Play Store) onto your Apple iOS (iOS 5.1.1+) or Android (4.0.3+) device so you can setup and control the Bose system from your mobile device.
- For Windows PC or Mac Computer: The SoundTouch Controller app for Windows & Mac lets you setup and control the Bose SoundTouch system from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac computer (OS X 10.6.8+). Simply install the SoundTouch app onto your Windows PC or Mac computer.
Variety Of Music Sources: The Bose SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier supports a variety of music options; including Internet Radio, select online music services, music files stored on your computer, as well as stored music & music apps on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Internet Radio & Online Music: The SoundTouch system lets you play Internet radio stations from around the world. You also get access to the Pandora, Spotify Connect, iHeart Radio, and Deezer (coming soon) online music services. More music services will be added in the future.
- Music Stored On Your Computer: The SoundTouch SA-5 can play back MP3, WMA, AAC. and ALAC music files that are managed by iTunes or Windows Media Player on your Windows or Mac computer. You computer must be connected to the same wired or wireless home network as the SoundTouch system.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming: With built-in Bluetooth, the SoundTouch SA-5 can wirelessly plays back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, or other Bluetooth compatible device. You can pair up to eight devices with one actively connected. You will need to setup the SoundTouch SA-5 on your WiFi network and perform all system updates before you can pair your Bluetooth device and stream audio.
Aux Inputs: The SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier has three auxiliary inputs, including two sets of stereo RCA inputs and one 3.5mm minijack input. The Aux input is not redistributed for multiroom audio.
Six Presets: You can personalize six presets to your favorite streaming music services and Internet radio stations, or playlists, artists, albums, and songs from your computer's music library. The presets can easily be set, changed, and accessed directly on the system or with the free SoundTouch app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows/Mac computer. You cannot set presets for Bluetooth or the Aux input.
Mounting Options: You can simply place the SoundTouch SA-5 amp on a table-top, stand, shelf, or other piece of AV furniture with a flat-surface. You can also mount the amplifier on a wall with the provided mounting bracket and hardware.
Note: The SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier is neither designed for nor protected from placement that may expose it to rain, condensation, ice, salt water, extreme heat or other weather conditions. It can be used with outdoor speakers, but must be placed inside while the speakers are outside.
AC Power: The SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier operates off of standard household current using its internal power supply and detachable 5' AC power cord.
USB Port (Setup Only): The microUSB (type-B) port on the back of the SA-5 amp is for setup only. This USB port is not designed to playback or charge smartphones, tablets, thumbdrives, or other similar devices.
The Bose® SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier replaces these items
- powers a pair of indoor or outdoor speakers
- streams Internet radio, Pandora®, and more using your home Wi-Fi® network
- Apple® AirPlay® lets you stream music wirelessly from your iPod touch®, iPhone®, iPad®, or computer
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
19 questions already asked