About the Bose® Soundbar 700
Built to impress
Built to impress
It can be hard to make a sound bar that stands out from the crowd, but that was Bose's aim with the Soundbar 700. In their own words, it's “designed to be the world's best soundbar.” That's a bold statement, so you can bet I was excited to try this one out. Spoiler alert: I loved it.
The contextual remote only illuminated the buttons I needed to control the music I was playing over Bluetooth. So cool!
Sleek and solid
The Soundbar 700 makes a good impression before you even plug it in. It feels very well-built, and the metal grille and tempered glass top are lovely. Even the remote control is a thing of beauty with its soft-touch exterior and contextual buttons (that means the remote only lights up the buttons you need for the task at hand).
But how did it sound?
I really wanted to put the Soundbar 700 through its paces so my test movie was Thor: Ragnarok. When Led Zeppelin's “Immigrant Song” kicked in near the beginning of the film, I knew this sound bar would not disappoint. I was impressed with the depth and clarity it brought to both the movie effects and the soundtrack music.
Built-in voice control
Want your sound bar to tell you a joke, provide a weather forecast, or just turn up the volume on your favorite song? No problem. The Soundbar 700 has Amazon Alexa built right in, with a custom-designed eight-microphone array so Alexa can hear you no matter how loud your music is. The light bar on the front makes it easy to see when Alexa is listening, thinking, or speaking.
Music (pretty much any way you want it)
The Soundbar 700 has built-in Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® for practically endless wireless music options. Apple® AirPlay® 2 functionality is planned for early 2019. But in the meantime, dip your toe in the waters of whole-home audio with the Bose Music App. You can wirelessly stream online music services like Pandora® and Spotify® to your sound bar. Expand your system into other rooms by picking up a Bose Home Speaker 500 or two. You can group and control all your Bose smart speakers from the same app.
Want an even more immersive experience? Add a pair of wireless Bose Surround Speakers. These compact speakers work seamlessly with this system to deliver complete wraparound sound effects. Bose also offers the optional wireless Bass Module 700 — the most powerful one they've ever made. It communicates wirelessly with the sound bar to add oomph to everything from action movies to dance mixes.
Bose® Soundbar 700:
- slim three-channel sound bar fits neatly into your TV setup
- sturdy metal construction with sleek, tempered glass top panel
- built-in voice control with Amazon Alexa
- voice control of compatible music streaming services and smart home devices
- superior voice pickup from a custom-designed eight-microphone array
- light bar visually indicates when Alexa is listening, thinking, or speaking
- specially designed drivers deliver full, spacious sound
- PhaseGuide® technology simulates surround effects by reflecting sound around your room
- ADAPTiQ® automatic calibration system adjusts the sound based on your room's size and shape
- QuietPort™ technology enhances bass response and lowers distortion
- optional Bose Bass Module 700 and Bose Surround Speakers sold separately
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to stream music and audio from any app on your smartphone or tablet
- Apple AirPlay 2 compatible with future firmware update
Bose Music App Features:
- set up and control the sound bar from your mobile device
- set and change presets, add music services, configure Amazon Alexa, and manage sound bar settings
- connects the system to your Wi-Fi home network
- run ADAPTiQ audio calibration
- supports MP3, WMA, AAC, and Apple lossless audio formats
- stream from online music services including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer Premium, Amazon Music, TuneIn, SiriusXM, and iHeartRadio (subscription required for some services)
Connections and General Info:
- 1 HDMI port
- Audio Return Channel capability for a single-cable connection to your compatible TV
- supports Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- optical digital input
- programmable, contextual remote control can operate your TV and other components
- wall-mountable (bracket sold separately)
- 38-7/16"W x 2-5/16"H x 4-1/4"D
- weight: 10.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 795347-1100
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 4 "AA" batteries
- ADAPTiQ headset
- 58" HDMI cable
- 5' Optical digital cable
- Cleaning cloth
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Bose® Soundbar 700 reviews
I love it the sound is great. Thank you guys for everything. God bless you all
0 of 0 found this helpful
This is an amazing sound bar and sub! I've always heard so many people give kilpsch all the praise. But take my word for it....you won't be disappointed at all!
Pros: Amazing sound Easy set up
Cons: Make sure you have a strong wi-fi connection. If not, you may have some issues pairing the sub and sound bar. Other than that, enjoy!!
0 of 0 found this helpful
I've had the Bose 700 soundbar and subwoofer for 2 months now and it is amazing! With the calibration the sound is great all over my home. I was worried that it wouldn't sound like a $1500 system but I am getting my money's worth. Movies sound like the theater and music fills the room. The subwoofer is great it's not overbearing and powerful. I would definitely recommend the Bose 700. I should have this for many years.
Pros: Not just great for movies but excellent for music
3 of 3 found this helpful
Muy buena la calidad del sonido
2 of 9 found this helpful
Beautiful BOSE sound...!!!! Setup fairly easy
0 of 0 found this helpful
decent sound, not overwhelming. After adding sub sounded much better
Pros: nice looking - very slim
Cons: none yet
0 of 4 found this helpful
This is a awesome product I highly recommend it for the sound the universal remote is a great feature. And very easy to setup.
Pros: Love the sound quality easy setup great price
0 of 0 found this helpful
0 of 0 found this helpful
Amazing product! Syncs up easily, quickly, gets very loud and has a good app to help adjust everything.
6 of 10 found this helpful
I am really thrilled with the Bose Soundbar 700. I do not understand others who provide negative ratings based upon a comparison to a component system. For a soundbar, this is where its at and if music and fidelity matter to you, this is worth the investment. People seem to be caught up on the features offered by competitor brands (dolby atmos, dts x) etc but in my opinion sound quality must come first (and the Bose delivers). In any event, I tested other atmos-soundbars and wasn't too impressed with that technology anyway. I purchased the Bose Soundbar and matching 700 Base module. For music, it is superb. Vocals are clear, it has a wide image, it handles mids and highs with clarity and the base module delivers just the right amount of low end. For example, listening to Diana Krall's Peel Me a Grape (Love Scenes), you can feel the bass chord. The same applies to movies. The set up is very immersive and doesnt leave me feeling any need for atmos - certainly not at the expense of sound quality. I have not added the rear speakers yet. I have heard that the difference is night and day for movies. I pursued a soundbar for a variety of reasons, one of which is aesthetics. My bose setup is in my family room (17 by 20) that we use for a primary living space. the family room is an open floor plan and extends into an equally sized kitchen. I can say, unequivocally, that this soundbar handles the space. You will not regret your decision to get the
Pros: wide, crisp and immersive soundstage
Cons: initial connections are finicky but after it's done, it's worth the endeavor. Also, I have mine connected to a Sony x900f TV and for some reason I need both the HDMI and the optical cables connected for the Bose to operate with stability.
2 of 2 found this helpful
Soundbar??? When we talk about soundbars we tend to think of something designed for our TV only and built to provide better sound, mainly dialog. Not the case with the Bose Soundbar 700, the clear crisp sounds with thumping deep rich base surpasses most high-end stereo systems, makes an incredible sound system for listening to your favorite music or watching TV! Top the incredible sound of the Bose Soundbar 700 with the integration of the built-in Alexa and you have a very versatile system with exceptional looks! Gets even better, hook the Bose Soundbar 700 and the Bose Wireless Surround Speakers to your TV and you'll have spectacular sound from your movies, flybys that will make you duck and roars that will make you jump. Very elegant system with looks that are only exceeded by the great sound. Living in a dusty area the glass top of the Soundbar 700 is a big improvement over the Bose SoundTouch 130 system which has the mesh metal top. Add in the Bose Base Module 700 (which we don't have) and we can only imagine the additional base sound. Setup: Instruction are like a lot of instructions. Read some of the reviews on the Bose internet site as this will give you some good information when setting up. I read a review that talked about how long it took the Soundbar to download updates once they were connected to the internet using the Bose Music App, so I was prepared, however, if I had not read that review I might have been concerned with the App not finding the
Pros: Simple system, elegant design, appears very well made, and is fairly easy to set up. The sound is incredible, from clear sharp highs to deep rich solid base.
Cons: Be sure to read some of the reviews, this will help you with the set up. Could not download the Bose Music App to our Amazon fire tablet(s).
17 of 20 found this helpful
Good sound but this soundbar is not ready for primetime. The soundbar sounds good with a wide sound field and crisp highs, but lacks any lows and really needs the subwoofer to add depth. The biggest issue I have is the Alexa integration. Currently, as of mid-October, it doesn't support some major features of Alexa, (i.e. Spotify, routines, multi room audio). Also, Bose has somehow forgotten to include some of the basics of Alexa like Echo Spatial Perception where now the Bose hears you from the other-side of the house and takes over commands from the alexa you are 2 feet from. I know most of this can be fixed through software updates, but its a frustrating step backwards for the entire home automation and entertainment, and I have no idea when Bose will release these fixes.
Pros: Wide Sound Field Easy setup and install Using Dialog mode in the app helps sports games.
Cons: Alexa integration is poor. Bose App is confusing Needs subwoofer and maybe rears to have amazing sound.
28 of 41 found this helpful
More details on the Bose® Soundbar 700
Features & specs
|Pieces in System||1|
|Separate Subwoofer||Opt. Wireless|
|Surround Sound Decoding||5.1-channel|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Audio Return Channel||Yes|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||No|
|Voice Control||Alexa & Google Home built-in|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Optional|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||No|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||---|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||2-5/16H x 38-7/16W x 4-1/4 D|
|Sound Bar Weight||10.5 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||No Subwoofer|
Bose Premium Sound: The Bose Soundbar 700 utilizes a proprietary DSP-controlled amplifier and custom-designed low-profile transducers to deliver exceptional detail and depth with crystal clear dialogue. Proprietary PhaseGuide technology works with the tiny transducers to direct beams of multi-directional sound, delivering an unprecedented level of spaciousness. QuietPort technology is integrated into the soundbar with recessed ports that use a piece of resistant screen to reduce turbulent noise while getting more sound through a smaller opening, resulting in virtually distortion-free bass from a slim profile speaker.
ADAPTiQ Audio Room Calibration: ADAPTiQ audio room calibration will optimize the Bose Soundbar 700's acoustic performance for the unique characteristics of your room, giving you the best possible listening experience. Through the Bose Music App and the included headset, ADAPTiQ audio calibration customizes the sound of the system to the acoustics of your listening area by taking five audio measurements. During ADAPTiQ audio calibration, a microphone on the top of the ADAPTiQ headset measures the sound characteristics of your room to determine optimal sound quality. To run ADAPTiQ, you will need 10 minutes when your room is quiet.
Note: If you later connect an optional bass module or surround speakers, move the soundbar or move any furniture, run ADAPTiQ audio calibration again to ensure optimal sound quality.
Optional Wireless Surround: The Bose Soundbar 700 supports wireless rear speakers and a wireless bass module from Bose (both sold separately).
- Bass Module: The Bose Bass Module 700 (sold separately) adds deep, thunderous bass to the Bose Soundbar 700. It connects wirelessly to the soundbar speaker and has a wireless range of approximately 30'. Its compact, cube design fits well in any room. The Base Module 700 can be placed almost anywhere in your room, but placing it on the same wall as the soundbar will provide the best performance. The wireless sub will require AC power. There is also a mono-minijack output on the back of the Bose Soundbar 700, if you prefer to make a hardwired connection to the Bose Bass Module 700.
- Surround Speakers: For a fully immersive sound experience, add the Bose Surround Speakers or the Bose 700 Surround Speakers (both sold separately) to the Bose Soundbar 700. With a wireless range of about 30' and standing less than 4" high, these wireless surround speakers blend nicely into your room. The speakers should be placed behind the main listening area, one on the left side and one on the right of the room, for optimum sound quality. Both speakers will require AC power.
HDMI ARC Jack: The Bose Soundbar 700 is equipped with a single HDMI ARC jack to connect the soundbar to your TV's HDMI ARC input. The HDMI ARC jack allows audio from your TV to be sent through the soundbar speaker. The unit supports Dolby Digital (up to 5.1ch), DTS (up to 5.1ch), and 2ch PCM audio.
Note: Some televisions will only pass 2ch PCM through the ARC-enabled HDMI input from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, and will only pass Dolby Digital via the TV's built-in tuner, network apps, or USB.
Optical Digital Input: If your TV is not equipped with an HDMI ARC jack, the Bose Soundbar 700 also features an optical (toslink) digital input that supports 2ch PCM and 5.1ch Dolby Digital or DTS. This soundbar does not offer analog audio inputs.
Note: The digital optical output of many flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Remote Control: The Bose Soundbar 700 comes with a universal Bluetooth LE remote control and supports HDMI-CEC. You can also program 3rd party remotes (sold separately) to control the soundbar system.
- Universal Remote: The included universal Bluetooth LE remote control provides wireless operation of the soundbar speaker system without direct line of sight. You can also program the universal remote to control your TV, Blu-ray player, or cable/satellite box. The remote is designed sleek with a premium aluminum accent and seamless elastomer keypad that's soft to the touch. The remote's ingenious contextual backlighting only shows you buttons relevant to the task at hand. Whether you're listening to music or watching TV, the remote automatically adjusts itself to light up buttons you need in that very moment. The Bose Music app on your Apple iOS or Android device will be used to pair the universal remote with the Bose Soundbar 700.
- HDMI CEC: The soundbar is able to control HDMI-connected devices (such as your TV, Blu-ray Disc player, game console) over HDMI-CEC. HDMI-CEC allows you to turn on other devices and operate them with the soundbar remote without any programming. It also enables one-touch access to entertainment, enabling you to turn on multiple devices and select an input with one button press.
- 3rd Party IR Remotes: Because the Bose Soundbar 700 also supports IR commands, you can also program a third-party IR remote, such as your cable/satellite box or TV remote, to control the soundbar. Refer to your third-party remote owner's guide or website for instructions. Not all third-party remotes are compatible with the soundbar. The 3.5mm IR input on back of the Bose Soundbar 700 allows you to connect an IR extender (sold separately) in case the soundbar's IR receiver is obstructed from view.
Placement Options: The Bose Soundbar 700 uses the reflective surfaces of the room to deliver a spacious home theater experience. To ensure optimal audio performance, the soundbar should be placed equidistant from each side wall and directly in the "front-center" of the TV. No objects should be placed in front of the soundbar, nor should it be placed recessed inside a cabinet, as this would result in a limited sound stage. Also, nothing should be placed directly on either side of the Bose Soundbar 700 since there are side-firing transducers located on either side.
Optional Wall Bracket: The Bose Soundbar Wall Bracket (sold separately) has been designed specifically for the Bose Soundbar 700 and hangs the soundbar speaker horizontally above or below your flat-panel TV. A cable cover is included to help hide the HDMI and/or optical cable that is run from your TV to the Bose Soundbar 700 speaker. The Bose Soundbar Wall Bracket features high-quality steel construction and is available in a black or white finish.
AC Power: The Bose Soundbar 700 operates off of standard household current using the supplied 5' detachable AC power cord.
Multiroom Audio: The Bose Soundbar 700 is part of a new family of Smart Home speakers and soundbars from Bose that can be used to create a wireless multiroom audio system over your home's WiFi network. You can start with one Bose Soundbar 700 and add more Bose Smart Home speakers and soundbars to create a wireless multiroom audio system in your home.
- Number of Audio Zones: You can create up to 4 audio zones. Each zone can be set to play the same audio source or set to play a different audio sources. You can also group different zones together.
- Compatible Multiroom Audio Sources: Internet radio, select online music services, and Bluetooth audio can be listened to on a single speaker or multiple speakers.
- Incompatible Multiroom Audio Sources: HDMI and the optical digital input do not support multiroom audio.
Note: The family of Bose Smart Home speakers and soundbars is not compatible with the family of Bose SoundTouch products.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Bose Soundbar 700 offers a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) connection to your home network. The Bose Soundbar 700 is equipped with an Ethernet R-J45 jack and built-in, dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11 b/g/n). The system's network connection can be setup initially from the Bose Music app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device.
Bose Music App: The Bose Music app (for Apple iOS 10.3+ and Android OS 5.1+) lets you set up and control compatible Bose smart speakers and soundbars from your Apple iOS or Android device. It works with one or many of the new Bose family of smart speakers and soundbars - including the Bose Home Speaker 300, Bose Home Speaker 500, Bose Soundbar 500, and Bose Soundbar 700. Using the app, your mobile device acts as a remote for the speaker. From the app, you can stream music, set and change presets, add music services, explore internet radio stations, configure Alexa and manage speaker settings.
- Music Control: The Bose Music app lets you browse and play the music you love from Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, SiriusXM, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more from your Apple iOS or Android device. The Bose Music app also makes it easy to set your favorite playlists or stations as presets (up to 6 presets), so you can access them effortlessly.
- Multi-Room/Multi-Source: The Bose Music app lets you control one or multiple Bose Soundbar 700, Bose Soundbar 500, and Bose Soundbar 700 in your home. You can play the same music throughout your home or listen to different music in different areas.
- Audio Settings: The Bose Music app can be used to control volume level and adjust the speaker's Bass & Treble level.
- Multiple Users: The Bose Music app lets multiple users personalize their experience and control their content. One person can quickly access their Spotify playlist, while another easily listens to the latest podcast. Now it's simple for the whole household to enjoy their favorite music and more.
- Simple Setup: The Bose Music app also makes setup easy, walking you through each step. Simply download the Bose Music app on your device, plug in the speaker, and open the app to get started. The app will guide you through setting up your account on the speaker, adding your account information for your favorite music services, and adding Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to the product.
Voice Control with 8 Microphone Array: The integration of Alexa & Google Assistant with the Bose family of Smart Speakers will support the vast majority of Alexa & Google Assistant functionality; including music playback, control of smart home devices, setting timers and alarms, and general information requests. A custom-designed, proprietary 8 microphone array on the soundbar is precisely positioned for accurate near-field and far-field voice pickup. You can rest assured that the Bose Soundbar 700 will hear you even when there is a lot of noise in the background, your music is playing loud, or you are across the room.
- Music Control: Currently you can ask Alexa or Google to play music from Pandora, iHeartRadio, Deezer and TuneIn on a specific speaker, a group of speakers, or all speakers. Alexa voice control is also supported by Amazon Music and SiriusXM. Once your music is playing, you can also ask Alexa or Google "what is playing", "turn volume up or down", "skip to the next track", "go to the previous track", or "stop music".
- Smart Home Skills: Various Alexa & Google smart home device skills work through the Bose Soundbar 700, its built-in microphones and the integration of Alexa or Google Assistant. For example, you can ask Alexa or Google- "set my smart thermostat to 72 degrees" or "turn off the lights".
- News & Information: Use the Bose smart speaker to ask Alexa or Google about world & local news, traffic, weather, sports, and other topics or events.
- You can only use one digital assistant; you must choose between Alexa or Google (you cannot use both). There are certain Alexa & Google skills that the Bose Soundbar 700 does not support; such as Hands-Free Calling & Messaging. Alexa & Google Assistant is not available in all languages and countries.
- The use of a virtual assistant is optional; you can initiate music from the Bose Music app and other sources without using Alexa or Google. The option to enable Alexa or Google can be declined in setup and revisited at any time. You can also remove Alexa or Google from the speaker at any time via the settings menu of the Bose Music app. And when Alexa or Google is installed, the microphones may be turned off at any time with the microphone off button on the speaker.
- The microphones on the Bose Soundbar 700 may be turned off with a single tap of the microphone off button on the top of the speaker. This button completely cuts power to the microphones so Alexa or Goggle will not hear any commands. For security reasons, it is not possible to use a voice command or the Bose Music app to turn the microphones on or off; only a physical button press can control the microphones. When the microphones are off, this button will always be backlit with a red LED light.
Online Music Services: The Bose Soundbar 700 can play music directly from streaming music services over WiFi, controlled either by the Bose Music app (for Apple iOS and Android) or Amazon Alexa/Google Assistant through the built-in microphones. These music services can be controlled from the Bose Music App (for Apple iOS and Android) and Alexa or Google through the built-in mics. Basic playback functions such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track can be done from the included IR remote.
- TuneIn: TuneIn includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- Pandora: Pandora is personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark stations and easily switch between favorites.
- Spotify Connect: Spotify Connect enables Spotify Premium users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the speaker from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more. Subscription fees will apply.
- iHeart Radio: iHeart Radio: is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- Amazon Music: Listen to over a million songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Music. Requires an Amazon Prime membership (currently $10.99 per month or $99 per year). You can also upload your personal music collection from iTunes or Google Play Music to your music library on Amazon and then stream your music to the Bose Smart Home speaker.
- Deezer: Deezer is an online music service offering over 43 million tracks starting at $9.99 a month. Discover the perfect playlist or make your own, as well as browse curated collections by genre.
AirPlay 2 (firmware update available): Through an available firmware update, the Bose Soundbar 700 will support AirPlay 2. AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the Bose Smart Home speaker system and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the Bose Soundbar 700. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Bose Smart Home speaker system.
Note: AirPlay 2 does not support multiroom audio distribution via Bose Smart Home. Multiroom audio distribution can only be done with other AirPlay 2 compatible devices (sold separately).
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: With built-in Bluetooth, the Bose Home Speaker 500 can wirelessly play back stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. You can pair eight Bluetooth source devices to the speaker, but only one can be actively connected and used for playback at a time. The included IR remote can be used to control basic playback (such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next track); Alexa or Google cannot be used to control Bluetooth audio sources.
- Bluetooth audio streaming can be done without utilizing WiFi, the Bose Music app, Google, or Alexa.
- The Bose Soundbar 700 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.
Network Standby: The Bose Soundbar 700 transitions to Network Standby when audio has stopped and you have not pressed any buttons for 20 or more minutes. To wake the speaker from network standby, simply tap any button on the speaker, play/resume audio using your mobile device and the Bose Music app, or talk to Alexa.
Note: You can still access Alexa or Google Assistant in Network Standby as long as it is set up using the Bose Music app and the microphone is turned on.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked