About the Bose® SoundLink® Color Bluetooth® speaker II
Bold colors, bold sound
Its compact size and soft-touch silicone exterior makes the SoundLink® Color II easy to take anywhere.
Bold colors, bold sound
“Awesome!” “Amazing!” “Fantastic sound!” Our customers raved about the original Bose® SoundLink® Color Bluetooth® speaker. They should find even more to like in the updated Bose® SoundLink® Color Bluetooth® speaker II. It puts out a big, bold sound and comes in a variety of fun colors. And it's water-resistant, so you can enjoy music anywhere from the ski slopes to the beach. The soft silicone exterior of the SoundLink® Color II makes it easy to hold, as well as protecting it from dings and jolts.
Simple setup and control
Voice prompts talk you through the Bluetooth pairing process, making the SoundLink® Color II just about the easiest Bluetooth speaker to use. Download the free Bose® Connect app to your iPhone®, iPad®, or Android™ smartphone or tablet and turn your device into a remote for the SoundLink® Color II. Not only can you adjust the volume remotely, but the app unlocks additional features you can use with your speaker. And it keeps you apprised of the latest updates for your SoundLink® Color II.
The SoundLink® Color II comes with a USB recharging cable — just plug it into your computer. The built-in rechargeable batteries deliver up to 8 hours on a full charge.
- Bluetooth wireless operation
- soft-touch silicone exterior
- Bose® Connect app:
- free download from Apple® iTunes App store and Google Play™
- volume control
- unlock additional feature
- access future software updates
- stereo minijack input for connecting a portable music player
- voice prompts simplify Bluetooth pairing process
- built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery lasts up to 8 hours
- USB charging cable
- 5"W x 5-1/8"H x 2-1/16"D
- weight: 1.25 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 752195-0200
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- 40" USB charging cable
- Quick Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Bose Support Contact Information
Bose® SoundLink® Color Bluetooth® speaker II reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® SoundLink® Color Bluetooth® speaker II
FeaturesRugged, Water-Resistant Design: The SoundLink Color II features a durable soft-touch silicone exterior and a water-resistant IPX4 rating. Its rounded, compact shape fits easily into your bag or backpack. What's more, you can choose the speaker that best matches you with one of four colors - Aquatic Blue, Coral Red, Polar White or Soft Black.
Passive Radiator Design: The Bose SoundLink Color II portable Bluetooth speaker utilizes dual opposing passive radiators that pump out a lot of sound.
Voice Guided Pairing: Voice prompts talk you through Bluetooth pairing, making it simple to wirelessly connect your Bluetooth-enabled source device to the Bose SoundLink Color II. The SoundLink Color II keeps track of the last eight devices to have paired and connected with it, dropping the least recently used when a new one is paired. Your Bluetooth-enable devices can be paired either via SSP or NFC.
- SSP (Simple Secure Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), the SoundLink Color II will search for and connects to the two most recently connected active Bluetooth-enabled devices. However, it will only receive audio from one device at a time.
- Near Field Communication (NFC): The Bose SoundLink Color II supports NFC pairing. NFC is a technology that enables Bluetooth devices to establish wireless communication with each other by simply tapping the devices together.
Note: Once paired, the Bose SoundLink Color II will automatically re-connect with your Bluetooth source device when in wireless range (up to 30').
Wireless Music Streaming: Thanks to the support for Bluetooth A2DP & AVRCP, you can stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth source device to the Bose SoundLink Color II. You also get basic playback controls - like Play/Pause, Volume Up/Down, and Previous/Next Track from the SoundLink Color II's top-panel buttons. The Bose SoundLink Color II has a range of approximately 30', so you can enjoy your music without wires.
Note: If you are using a smartphone and a phone call comes in, your music will be interrupted until the phone call ends. Once the phone call ends, your music will automatically resume.
Hands-Free Speakerphone: The Bose SoundLink Color II also features a built-in mic, so you can use the SoundLink Color II as a speakerphone for your smartphone. The built-in mic will be used to carry on your side of the conversation, while the other party is heard through the SoundLink Color II's speaker. You can use the SoundLink Color II's top-panel controls to answer, end, and reject calls. The SoundLink Color II can even access the voice dialing functions of your smartphone and audibly indentify incoming callers (when applicable).
Digital Voice Assistance: The SoundLink Color II's built-in mic can even act as an extension of the microphone in your Apple iPhone 4S or newer, or compatible Android smartphone - allowing you to access Siri & Google Assistant.
Aux Input: The SoundLink Color II has a rear-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a external portable audio source other than your Bluetooth-enabled device.
Bose Connect App: With the free Bose Connect app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.3+), you can manage all of your connected Bluetooth source devices with an intuitive graphic interface that lets you switch between devices whenever you want. From the app you'll also receive software updates, product tips, and be able to personalize settings.
Bose SimpleSync: Bose SimpleSync allows you to pair a member of the Bose Home Speaker family (sold separately) with the SoundLink speaker for playback of the same audio signal. Use the Bose Music app on your Apple iOS or Android device to setup and enable SimpleSync. SimpleSync then provides a one-to-one connection for a maximum of two Bose products (the SoundLink speaker and a Bose Home Speaker). The two products must remain within typical Bluetooth wireless range (30') of each other to stay connected. You'll be able to listen to the same audio signal from the Bose Home Speaker on the connected SoundLink speaker (you cannot listen to different sources). You can choose to listen on both the Bose Home Speaker and the SoundLink speaker at the same time with independent volume control; or just one speaker. Compatible Bose Home Speakers include -
- Soundbar 500 and 700
- Home Speaker 300 and 500
- Portable Home Speaker
- You cannot wirelessly stream Bluetooth audio to a Bose Home Speaker and use SimpleSync at the same time.
- You can only sync audio from a Bose Home Speaker to the SoundLink speaker; not from the SoundLinke speaker to the Bose Home Speaker.
Rechargeable Battery: The rechargeable lithium-ion battery gives you up to 8 hours of playback time. Using the SoundLink Color II's microUSB and included microUSB-to-USB cable, you can charge the battery from a free USB port on your computer or a USB-AC power adapter (sold separately). It takes approximately 3 hours to fully charge the built-in battery.
- Protection Mode: When your speaker is unplugged and unused for more than three days with a remaining charge of less than 10%, it enters battery protection mode to preserve battery power.
- Auto-Off: Your speaker powers off after 30 minutes of inactivity (no sound coming from your speaker) while operating on battery power.
Note: Use a 1000mA power source for the best charging experience. Using a power source with less than 1000mA may result in a slower charging time and you may not be able to charge while playing audio.
Placement Options: For optimal performance, place the back of the Bluetooth speaker near, but not directly against a wall. Bass response decreases as you move your speaker away from a wall. You should keep other wireless equipment at least 3'away from the speaker to prevent interference.
The Bose® SoundLink® Color Bluetooth® speaker II replaces these items
- voice prompts for Bluetooth pairing process
- pair with up to two Bluetooth devices at one time
- built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery with up to 8 hours of battery life
13 questions already asked