About the Bose® SoundTouch® 130 home theater system
Better sound, less gear
Better sound, less gear
For larger TV rooms, the Bose® SoundTouch® 130 offers powerful home theater performance without a ton of speakers. Its slim sound bar features six built-in speakers and delivers richly detailed sound. A hideaway Acoustimass® module provides high-impact bass. TrueSpace® signal processing ensures clear dialogue and spacious, enveloping effects.
There's also built-in Bluetooth® for playing music wirelessly from your smartphone. Plus, Bose SoundTouch® is included — play Spotify®, Pandora®, downloaded songs, and more over your home Wi-Fi® network. Add more SoundTouch® speakers, and play music throughout your whole house.
Add exciting, dynamic sound to your TV room with the Bose® SoundTouch® 130 home theater system.
Connect your cable box, Blu-ray player, and more
The SoundTouch® 130 includes a small control console with four HDMI inputs. You can connect a cable box, Blu-ray player, Apple TV®, and another audio/video source. The console connects to your TV with a single HDMI cable (included), for a clean, easy setup. Analog and digital audio inputs let you hook up even more sources.
Easy multi-room audio, courtesy of Bose®
Stream online music services like Pandora and Spotify, plus your library of downloaded songs wirelessly through the SoundTouch® 130. The included wireless module connects over Wi-Fi to SoundTouch® systems you can add throughout your home, for an easy-to-use multi-room audio system. A one-time, guided setup process gets you linked up.
In "Party" mode, your SoundTouch® systems play the same music simultaneously. Or each system can play independently, giving you different music in different rooms. Control your music with the remote or use the free Bose® SoundTouch® app available for Apple® and Android™ smartphones or tablets.
Stream audio from any app with Bluetooth
The SoundTouch® 130 entertainment center also has Bluetooth on board, which lets you stream audio from any app on your phone or tablet. Any song you can play on your device can be played wirelessly through this system. You can even stream audio from YouTube™ — no restrictions. You can also send that Bluetooth stream to other Bose® SoundTouch® speakers in other rooms.
Easy control with a single remote
Controlling your home theater system shouldn't require a pile of remotes. That's why the SoundTouch® 130 includes a universal remote. Use it to control all your connected sources, your TV, and the system itself. The remote will control many HDMI-connected sources right out of the box. It can be programmed to control the rest of your devices for easy operation. Six SoundTouch® presets let you assign your favorite playlists or Internet radio stations and enjoy quick, one-touch access.
Super-flexible placement options
Thanks to Flexmount™ automatic placement compensation technology, you can wall-mount the sound bar as an elegant, thin-profile companion to your flat-panel TV (requires the optional wall-mount kit) or place it on your TV stand. Built-in circuitry determines the position of the speaker and adjusts the built-in audio processing accordingly for great sound. Bose® ADAPTiQ® auto calibration technology ensures high-quality performance in your specific room.
Powered home theater sound system:
- 37" sound bar with TrueSpace® technology delivers spacious, enveloping sound
- six built-in speakers and two PhaseGuide® sound radiators deliver detailed sound throughout the room
- wireless Acoustimass® module offers powerful bass and flexible placement anywhere in the room (range: 30 feet)
- SoundTouch® compatible for streaming Internet radio, Pandora, Spotify, and your music library wirelessly
- control console with four HDMI inputs allows you to connect video and audio sources, such as a Blu-ray player, cable box, and gaming console
- HDMI output with Audio Return Channel capability for a single-cable connection to your compatible TV (HDMI cable included)
- audio inputs: analog stereo (RCA), optical and coaxial digital
- side-panel minijack connection can be configured as an input for a portable music player or an output for headphone listening
- ADAPTiQ® automatic calibration system adjusts the sound based on your room's size and shape
- 4K compatible for connection to Ultra HD TVs
- This system is not HDCP 2.2-compliant and will not support copy-protected 4K video content.
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding
- Flexmount® technology ensures optimal sound quality whether the bar is placed on a TV stand or mounted on the wall (wall-mount bracket sold separately)
- included universal remote operates most brands of audio/video components and TVs
Bose® SoundTouch® wireless adapter:
- connects the system to your Wi-Fi home network
- free easy-to-use SoundTouch® control and setup app for smartphones, tablets, and computers
- supports MP3, WMA, AAC, and Apple lossless audio formats
- stream from online music services including Pandora, Deezer Premium, and iHeartRadio for thousands of free internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify Connect compatible (subscription required)
- expand your multi-room system with additional Bose® SoundTouch® speakers
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to stream music and audio from any app on your smartphone or tablet
- Bluetooth connections can be streamed to other SoundTouch® speakers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- sound bar: 36-3/4"W x 2-3/8"H x 4-7/8"D
- control console: 12-5/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 8-1/4"D
- Acoustimass module: 7-11/16"W x 10-13/16"H x 14-3/4"D
- MFR # 738484-1100
What's in the box:
- Soundbar speaker
- Acoustimass module
- Control console
- SoundTouch wireless adapter (w/ attached 6' proprietary cable)
- Three 5' AC power cords
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- ADAPTiQ headset
- 6.5' HDMI cable
- 15' Proprietary speaker cable
- 6' microUSB-B to USB-A cable
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 4 Rubber feet
- 3 Extension feet
- Owner's Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- "Bluetooth" note
- "All System Updates" note
- "Global Support Regions" note
- Universal Remote Device Codes
Bose® SoundTouch® 130 home theater system reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® SoundTouch® 130 home theater system
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.1|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||1|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||Not given|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||4K|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Control by App||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Files on Your Network||Yes|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 b/g/n|
|Bands||2.4, 5.0 GHZ|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Optional|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-3/8H x 36-3/4W x 4-7/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||7.8 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||10-13/16H x 7-11/16W x 14-3/4D|
|Subwoofer Weight||13.8 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
SoundTouch 130 Home Theater System: The Bose SoundTouch 130 offers spacious home theater sound from a compact soundbar speaker, wireless Acoustimass module, and AV control console. Exclusive Bose innovations enable wide, spacious sound that extends well beyond the soundbar speaker's physical size. The included wireless Acoustimass module adds big bass-notes to your movies, music, and games; while it is neatly tucked away from view. The SoundTouch 130 also includes the ADAPTiQ audio calibration system to optimize system performance regardless of content, source or room layout. In addition, there is a universal IR remote control included for convenient wireless operation of the entire system and your connected components. You even get Internet radio and select online music services, plus multiroom capability through the included SoundTouch wireless adapter.
Control Console: The SoundTouch 130 soundbar speaker system's control console provides connections to your audio/video components; like TV, Blu-ray, DVD, CD, Satellite, Cable, Gaming, etc.. The control console includes 4 HDMI inputs with one 1 HDMI output, 1 Optical and 1 Coaxial digital input, 1 analog stereo RCA and minijack input, plus proprietary speaker terminals to connect the soundbar speaker. The control console wirelessly communicates with the included Acoustimass module. It also includes a front-panel display for status information such as active source and volume level, and a system menu for making audio adjustments.
- 4 HDMI Inputs/1 HDMI Output: Four HDMI 1.4 inputs let you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player, Cable/Satellite box, Gaming system, and one other AV component. The ARC-enabled HDMI 1.4 output lets you pass video from the system's HDMI inputs to your TV and audio from your TV back to the soundbar speaker system; for a one cable connection to your television. All HDMI jacks support up to 4K/30Hz Ultra-HD video and up to 5.1 multichannel Dolby Digital/DTS audio. The system's HDMI jacks do not support the latest HDCP 2.2 copyright protection for 4K ultra-HD content, so it will not support 4K content from satellite/cable providers, online video services, and Blu-ray disc which are copyright protected with HDCP 2.2.
- Optical & Coaxial Inputs: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the control console features one optical (toslink) digital input and one coaxial (RCA) digital input for connection of digital audio devices. These digital inputs will support up to 5.1 multichannel Dolby Digital/DTS audio.
- Analog Inputs: A set of Stereo RCA inputs provide analog connectivity for older legacy audio components. There is a side-panel 3.5mm jack which can be used for an Auxiliary input or Headphone output.
Note: Because with most televisions, the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable box, or Gaming console to the Bose SoundTouch 130's HDMI inputs directly; and then connect the SoundTouch 130's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you the best overall sound performance.
Soundbar Speaker Array: Six precisely positioned drivers and two PhaseGuide sound radiators deliver detailed sound throughout the room with strong dialogue from the center and compelling effects from the left and right. The Bose SoundTouch 130 system uses TruSpace Technology and the reflective surfaces of your room to deliver wide, spacious sound.
- TruSpace DSP: Proprietary TruSpace digital processing circuitry delivers a spacious, multichannel sound experience with strong left, right & center imaging from a single soundbar speaker.
- Proprietary Speaker Connection: The soundbar speaker is fitted with a proprietary connector and includes a 15' proprietary speaker cable which connects between the speaker and the control console. The soundbar also requires an AC outlet connection.
- Flexmount Technology: Proprietary Flexmount technology ensures optimal performance wherever the soundbar is positioned. The soundbar speaker can be mounted to a wall (using the optional WB-135 bracket, sold separately); or placed flat on a table. Flexmount technology detects the soundbar speaker's orientation & ensures optimal audio output however you position the speaker. To raise the soundbar speaker and allow more space under it, you can install the included extension feet.
Note: To ensure optimal audio performance, the soundbar should be placed equidistant from each side wall and directly in front-center of the TV. No objects should be placed on either side of the soundbar, nor should it be placed inside a cabinet, as this would result in a limited sound stage.
Wireless Acoustimass Module: The Acoustimass module works in concert with the soundbar speaker to deliver full-range, dynamic sound. The patented Bose design produces deep low frequencies with no audible distortion. The wireless link (up to 30') allows for flexible placement & does away with any speaker cables from the Acoustimass module to the control console. When the module is tucked behind a curtain or chair, all of the sound seems to come directly from the soundbar speaker.
- Bass Control: The rear-panel bass control knob on the Acoustimass module allows you to change the bass level output of the system.
- Placement: When placing the Acoustimass module on bare floors, or other smooth surfaces, attach the included rubber feet to the bottom of the module for greater stability and to protect your floor. For best sound quality, place the Acoustimass module on its feet along the same wall as your TV, or along any other wall in the front third of the room. The front opening of the module can face any direction. The wireless Acoustimass module has a range of approximately 30'.
Note: The control console & Acoustimass module are paired at the factory. The module should not be placed on a shelf or table. Even though the Acoustimass module is wireless, it still requires an AC outlet connection.
Bose ADAPTiQ Audio Calibration System: The SoundTouch 130's performance is customized to the acoustics of your room with the Bose ADAPTiQ audio calibration system. ADAPTiQ audio calibration system analyzes the way your room's dimensions and other variables affect sound, then automatically adjusts the sound of your speaker system to the acoustics of your room. To perform a calibration you need about 10 minutes when the room is quiet. While wearing the special headset, the system will ask you to place yourself in five different locations (sitting or standing) in your listening area as the system takes measurements in each. Audio prompts from the system will guide you through the process.
Audio Settings: From the included remote control, you can adjust the system's Bass & Treble level to your preference. You are also able to increase the level of dialog ("Center Level") for movies and TV programming. In addition, you can adjust the audio delay to synchronize audio and video.
Universal Remote Control + HDMI-CEC: The Bose SoundTouch 130 includes an IR universal remote control for wireless operation of the soundbar speaker system. You can also program the universal remote to control your TV, DVD, Blu-ray Disc player, cable/satellite box, game system, or DVR. If you choose, you can program most other manufacturer universal remote controllers to operate the Bose SoundTouch 130 system. In addition, the SoundTouch 130 supports HDMI Consumer Electronics Control (CEC). HDMI-CEC allows you to control multiple HDMI-connected sources without programming the remote.
SoundTouch WiFi Adapter: With the included SoundTouch WiFi adapter, the SoundTouch 130 system can stream Internet radio, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, and your network's music library wirelessly using your home's WiFi network. Also using the SoundTouch WiFi adapter, the SoundTouch 130 can become part of the Bose SoundTouch wireless music ecosystem which allows you to play music throughout your home.
Note: The Bose SoundTouch Wireless Adapter plugs into the Bose SoundTouch 130's rear-panel "Bose-Link" 9-pin port.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The SoundTouch Wireless Adapter offers a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) connection to your home network. The SoundTouch adapter features an Ethernet R-J45 port and built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz). The adapter's network connection can be setup initially from the SoundTouch Controller App on your Apple iOS (5.1.1+) device or Android (4.0.3+) smartphone/tablet. You can also use the included microUSB-to-USB cable, along with the SoundTouch Controller App for system setup from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac (OS X 10.68+) computer.
SoundTouch Controller App: The Bose SoundTouch Controller app is required for initial setup and control of the Bose SoundTouch music system. The Bose SoundTouch Controller app can be downloaded on your Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, or Mac computer. Now you'll be able to setup and control the SoundTouch system from your Apple iOS or Android device, or from your Windows or Mac computer. Once initial setup is complete, you can use this app to explore Internet radio, select online music services, or browse your music library from your home network and computer for playback on the Bose SoundTouch speaker system.
- For Apple iOS or Android: You can download the free SoundTouch Controller app (from Apple's App Store or Google Play Store) onto your Apple iOS (iOS 5.1.1+) or Android (4.0.3+) device so you can setup and control the Bose system from your mobile device.
- For Windows PC or Mac Computer: The SoundTouch Controller app for Windows & Mac lets you setup and control the Bose SoundTouch system from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac computer (OS X 10.6.8+). Simply install the SoundTouch app onto your Windows PC or Mac computer.
Variety Of Music Sources: The Bose SoundTouch wireless audio system supports a variety of music options; including Internet Radio, select online music services, music files stored on your computer, as well as stored music & music apps on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Internet Radio & Online Music: The SoundTouch wireless system lets you play Internet radio stations from around the world. You also get access to the Pandora, Spotify Connect, iHeart Radio, and Deezer (coming soon) online music services. More music services will be added in the future.
- Music Stored On Your Computer: The SoundTouch system can play back MP3, WMA, AAC. and ALAC music files that are managed by iTunes or Windows Media Player on your Windows or Mac computer. You computer must be connected to the same wired or wireless home network as the SoundTouch system.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming: With built-in Bluetooth, the SoundTouch system wirelessly plays back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, or other Bluetooth compatible device. You can pair up to eight devices with one actively connected. You will need to setup the SoundTouch 130 on your WiFi network and perform all system updates before you can pair your Bluetooth device and stream audio.
Multiroom Audio: You can link up to four SoundTouch wireless speakers together for a multiroom/multisource audio experience. You are able to play the same music source or different music source on each SoundTouch system, using the SoundTouch app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows/Mac computer.
Six Presets: You can personalize six presets to your favorite streaming music services and Internet radio stations, or playlists, artists, albums, and songs from your computer's music library. The presets can easily be set, changed, and accessed directly with the free SoundTouch app on your Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, or Windows/Mac computer. You cannot set presets for Bluetooth or the Aux input.
Remote Control: You can control a subset of SoundTouch features on the ST130 system, such as playback controls and Presets from the included IR remote.
Mounting Options: The SoundTouch Wireless Adapter can simply be placed on top of a AV stand, shelf, desk, or cabinet. It can also be hung on the wall using its two key-hole mount slots (screws not included).
USB Ports (Setup Only): The USB type-A and type-B connectors on the back of the system are for setup and updates only. These connectors are not designed to playback or charge smartphones, tablets, thumbdrives, or other similar devices.
The Bose® SoundTouch® 130 home theater system replaces these items
- sound bar with six built-in speakers and two PhaseGuide® sound radiators delivers detailed sound throughout the room
- control console allows you to connect video and audio sources, such as a Blu-ray player, cable box, and gaming console
- wireless Acoustimass® module can be placed anywhere in the room for powerful bass
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked