About the Bose® SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter
Give your stereo a wireless makeover
Give your stereo a wireless makeover
Ready to get into wireless audio — but not ready to discard your tried-and-true home audio gear? With the Bose® SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter, you don't have to. This handy adapter connects to your receiver, amplifier, or powered speaker system, letting you stream music wirelessly via Bluetooth®or Wi-Fi®. And the adapter can also make your gear part of a multi-room SoundTouch® wireless music system.
The Bose® SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter comes with a host of music services built in.
Connects to your home wireless network
The SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter uses your home Wi-Fi network to access internet radio and popular on-demand streaming music services. You'll have a world of music conveniently available at your fingertips — and playing through your favorite speakers. And because it's Bose®, setup and operation is easy and intuitive. With two or more SoundTouch® components or speakers, you can simultaneously play different music in each room, or have every SoundTouch® system play the same thing. You can even stream via Bluetooth from your smartphone and have it sent to your other SoundTouch® system components
The simple, powerful SoundTouch® app
The free SoundTouch® app from Bose® makes it easy to select music and operate any and all SoundTouch® components in your home, using your smartphone, tablet, or even a computer.
The app lets you choose from music services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and Deezer for a practically unlimited amount of online music (subscription required for Spotify and Deezer). Or, listen to thousands of free internet radio stations from around the world with iHeartRadio. You can use the app to save stations and playlists as presets for instant recall.
The SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter works with almost any home audio system. Its 3.5mm output can pass analog or digital audio signals. Make a digital connection to your compatible receiver or amp with the included Toslink adapter, or use the RCA adapter for gear with a standard analog audio input. You can also connect directly to powered desktop speakers that have a 3.5mm stereo input. The SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter also has a 3.5mm aux in jack, so you can hook up a portable music players and use it as source in your multi-room audio system.
- connect to your Wi-Fi network for wireless music listening
- connect wirelessly to other SoundTouch® system components for a multi-room audio system
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- free SoundTouch® app lets you control the player and play music with your Apple® or Android device as well as Mac® and Windows® PCs
- support for online music services, including Spotify, Pandora, Deezer Premium, and iHeartRadio for thousands of free internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- expand your multi-room system with additional Bose® SoundTouch® system components and speakers
- play the same song through multiple speakers or different songs in different rooms
- six presets offer instant music playback (available through the SoundTouch® app)
- 3.5mm digital/analog audio output
- Toslink adapter for digital connections
- 3.5mm stereo mini auxiliary input for portable devices
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, and Apple Lossless (ALAC) files
- 3-3/8"W x 1"H x 3-3/8"D
- weight: 3.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 767397-1110
What's in the box:
- SoundTouch Wireless Link
- AC power adapter (attached 5' DC cord)
- 42" Optical to mini-optical cable
- 36" Stereo minijack cable
- 6" Female stereo minijack-to-Male RCA cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Bose® SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter
SoundTouch Wireless Link: The Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link transforms your existing home audio system into a wireless music system. The SoundTouch Wireless Link gives you access to wireless music through your existing speakers - such as a stereo system, home theater system or powered speakers. It uses your home's Wi-Fi network or your Bluetooth source devices for access to select online music services and saved music libraries. The Wireless Link easily expands & syncs with other SoundTouch speakers to stream music throughout your home. Best of all, its easily controlled from the palm of your hand using the SoundTouch app for Apple iOS, Android, Windows, or Mac.
SoundTouch Wireless Audio: The SoundTouch Wireless Link is part of the Bose SoundTouch wireless music ecosystem which allows you to play music throughout your home. The SoundTouch ecosystem is able to stream music wirelessly throughout your house over your home's WiFi network; it even works with your Bluetooth devices. With SoundTouch, you can stream Internet radio, select music services, and your music library throughout your home. A free Bose app transforms your Apple iOS or Android mobile device into the system's remote control.
Multiroom Audio: For most home networks, you can link up to four SoundTouch music systems together for a multi-room/multi-source audio experience. For more than four rooms, Bose recommends using Ethernet wired connections to some of the SoundTouch systems. You are able to play the same music source or different music source on each SoundTouch system, using the SoundTouch app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows/Mac computer. Compatible sources include -
- Internet radio & online music services
- Bluetooth & computer audio
- Aux input
Built-in WiFi: The Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link offers built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz) to wirelessly connect to your home network. The SoundTouch Wireless Link's WiFi network connection can be setup initially from the SoundTouch Controller App on your Apple iOS (7.0+) device or Android (4.1+) smartphone/tablet.
SoundTouch Controller App: The Bose SoundTouch Controller app is required for initial setup and control of the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link. The Bose SoundTouch Controller app can be downloaded on your Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, or Mac computer. Now you'll be able to setup and control the SoundTouch Wireless Link from your Apple iOS or Android device, or from your Windows or Mac computer. Once initial setup is complete, you can use this app to explore Internet radio, select online music services, or browse your music library from your home network and computer for playback through the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link.
- For Apple iOS or Android: You can download the free SoundTouch Controller app (from Apple's App Store or Google Play Store) onto your Apple iOS (iOS 7.0+) or Android (4.1+) device so you can setup and control the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link from your mobile device.
- For Windows PC or Mac Computer: The SoundTouch Controller app for Windows & Mac lets you setup and control the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link from your Windows PC (XP/7/8/10) or Mac computer (OS X 10.6.8+). Simply install the SoundTouch app onto your Windows PC or Mac computer.
Variety Of Music Sources: The Bose SoundTouch wireless audio ecosystem supports a variety of music options; including Internet Radio, select online music services, music files stored on your computer, as well as stored music & music apps on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Internet Radio & Online Music: Bose SoundTouch lets you play Internet radio stations from around the world. You also get access to the Pandora, Spotify Connect, iHeart Radio, and Deezer (coming soon) online music services. More music services will be added in the future.
- Music Stored On Your Computer: Bose SoundTouch can play back MP3, WMA, AAC. and ALAC music files that are managed by iTunes or Windows Media Player on your Windows or Mac computer. You computer must be connected to the same wired or wireless home network as the SoundTouch system.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming: With built-in Bluetooth, Bose SoundTouch wirelessly plays back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, or other Bluetooth compatible device. You can pair up to eight devices (via SSP or NFC) with one actively connected.
Aux Input: In addition to wireless WiFi & Bluetooth connectivity, the SoundTouch Wireless Link is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting almost any portable audio device with a headphone jack or analog output. An available firmware update lets you distribute the aux input for multiroom audio.
Analog & Digital Outputs: The Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link is equipped with a minijack (3.5mm) output that can serve as an analog or digital output. Only 2ch PCM audio signals are supported (does not support Dolby Digital/DTS).
Alexa Skill (via Firmware Update): The new Bose Skill for Amazon Alexa is available through a free network firmware update and is enabled through the Skills section of the Amazon Alexa companion app on your Apple iOS or Android device. The update enables you to control certain elements of the SoundTouch experience through Alexa by speaking to an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, Echo Show, or other Alexa-enabled device. Simply say "Alexa, ask Bose to...". Voice control functions include-
- Play music set to a SoundTouch preset.
- Play content in a specific room.
- Play the same music on all SoundTouch devices (everywhere).
- Find out what's playing.
- Play/pause/resume and skip tracks.
- Adjust volume.
- Turn on/off.
Mounting Options: For best performance, set the SoundTouch Wireless Link on its rubber base during use. To avoid wireless interference, place the SoundTouch Wireless Link outside and away from metal cabinets. Within a non-metal cabinet, place the SoundTouch Wireless Link away from direct heat sources (such as other audio/video equipment) to avoid impact to performance.
microUSB Port (Setup Only): The SoundTouch Wireless Link's s microUSB port is for setup only. The microUSB port is not designed to playback or charge smartphones, tablets, thumbdrives, or other similar devices.
AC Power: The SoundTouch Wireless Link operates off of standard household current using the supplied AC power adapter.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked