About the Bose® Wave® music system IV
An iconic Bose® music system gets a fresh redesign
Can you improve upon a classic? Bose® did just that when they introduced the Bose® Wave® music system IV. It features the latest version of the proprietary Bose® waveguide speaker technology and advanced digital electronics. The Wave® music system IV accurately reproduces the subtle inflections of the human voice, and delivers the sound of low-range instruments like bass guitars and drums with impressive realism. You'll enjoy rich, room-filling Bose® sound from your favorite AM and FM stations and your CDs. Plus, you can connect your smartphone or tablet through the rear-panel auxiliary input for more listening options.
Shown in Platinum Silver (CD not included).
Versatile CD player
The system's built-in CD player not only plays commercially released CDs, but also home-burned CDs containing MP3 files. These let you fit hours of music onto a single disc for extended listening.
The advanced FM/AM tuner ensures precise radio reception. It can display RDS (radio data system) information such as call letters, artist names and song titles from stations that broadcast it.
Start the day the Bose® way
Dual independent alarms make mornings easier for couples. And you can set each alarm for a tone or a radio station. Need a little more time? Just tap the touch-top controls for snooze. No tiny button to look for when you're half-asleep.
Add Bluetooth® wireless playback
If you like to listen to music from your smartphone or tablet, good news. With an optional Bose® Bluetooth® music adapter, you can wirelessly stream music from your portable device to the Wave® music system IV.
- built-in CD player handles regular CDs and MP3 files on CD-R and CD-RW discs
- 6 FM and 6 AM presets
- RDS (radio data service) displays call letters and song information from compatible stations
- advanced Bose® waveguide speaker technology for lifelike, room-filling sound
- touch-sensitive pad on the top panel for convenient control
- dual alarms
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- stereo minijack output for headphones
- 8-foot AC power cord
- 14-5/8" W x 4-1/4" H x 8-5/8"D
- weight: 8.7 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 737251-1710
What's in the box:
- Tabletop music system
- 8' AC power cord
- Remote control (pre-installed CR 2032 3V battery)
- Demonstration CD
- Owner's Guide
- Warranty Information
- "Our Commitment To You" letter
Bose® Wave® music system IV reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® Wave® music system IV
Tabletop Music System: The Bose music system IV provides rich, room-filling sound from a compact tabletop music system that fits just about anywhere in your home.
Waveguide Speaker Technology: Bose proprietary waveguide speaker technology combines with advanced digital electronics to deliver performance well beyond the speakers' size. Two 26" folded waveguides are precisely tuned to amplify the output from the transducers (speakers) to reproduce lifelike sound from the small enclosure.
CD Player: The Wave music system IV has a single CD slot for playback of CD-Audio, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. The player supports playback of MP3 (64-128kbps; 32-44.1kHz) music files recorded onto CD-R or CD-RW discs. Disc playback is controlled from the included IR remote. Song/artist information of MP3 music files are displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD.
- Play Modes: While a CD is playing, you can change the way it is played. Choose Normal Play, Shuffle (Disc/Folder/Repeat), or Repeat (Disc/Folder/Track). The play mode will return to Normal Play whenever a new CD is inserted.
- Search Functions: Search functions include Fast Forward, Rewind, Next Track, and Previous Track.
- Resume Playback: When you play a stopped CD it will always resume from the place it was stopped.
- Auto Reload: If you eject a CD but do not remove it from the CD player slot within 10 seconds, the CD player will pull the CD back into the player, reload it, and start playing.
Note: Music files on an MP3 CD are played according to the folder structure on the disc.
Advanced AM/FM Tuner: The Bose music system IV comes with a built-in FM/AM tuner. The advanced AM/FM tuner delivers more precise radio reception and
- RDS: When you select FM radio, RDS information for the current station is displayed like artist name and song titles (when available).
- Presets: You can store up to 6 FM and 6 AM radio stations for quick recall.
- Talk Radio Mode: Talk radio broadcasts can be greatly affected by either the microphone selection or the boosting of low frequencies by some radio stations. They do so in an attempt to improve speech when heard through conventional radios. In high-quality audio products, this results in sound that is unnatural or bass heavy. By selecting the "Talk Radio" mode, your music system IV automatically adjusts to compensate for artificially boosted low frequencies.
Note: The Bose Wave music system IV power cord is used as an antenna for FM radio. If, after adjusting the position of the power cord, you still experience poor reception, you may need to install an external antenna. An external FM dipole antenna with a 3.5mm connector can be ordered through Bose Customer Service.
Aux Input: There is a rear-panel 3.5mm Aux input for connecting an external analog audio source, like your smartphone or tablet.
Headphone Jack: The music system IV comes with a rear-panel 3.5mm headphone jack for private listening. Plugging in a set of headphones will mute the music system IV's speakers. If an alarm or timer sounds while using headphones, it will sound through the music system IV speakers.
Optional Bluetooth Adapter: The optional Bose Wave Bluetooth Music Adapter (018WVBTMA, sold separately) lets you wirelessly connect your Bluetooth-enabled iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, and other Bluetooth-compatible devices to the Bose Wave music system IV. The Bose Wave Bluetooth Music Adapter connects to the Bose Wave Music System IV's 9-pin "Bose-Link" port via its attached 18" proprietary cable. The Bose Wave Bluetooth Music Adapter then communicates to your Bluetooth-enabled devices wirelessly over 2.4GHz Bluetooth (up to 30').
- Music Streaming (A2DP/AVRCP): The Bose Wave Bluetooth Music Adapter lets you stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, computer, laptop, and more to your Bose Wave Music System. You can control basic music playback functions (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) from your Bose Wave Music System's remote control. Song/artist information and album art will still be done from your Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Multi-Device Pairing: You can pair up to 6 devices with the Bose Wave Bluetooth Music Adapter. However, only one can be used for playback at a time.
Note: This Bluetooth adapter does not support hands-free phone communication; only audio streaming (SBC codec).
Touch Pad & Remote Control: The Wave music system IV has a touch-sensitive switch under the top, front, center area of the enclosure. Momentarily placing your hand on the touch pad can turn the music system IV on or off. You can operate volume, station selection, and disc playback functions with the convenient IR wireless remote control. The remote normally works within 20' of the display.
Front-Panel Display w/ Auto Brightness: The Bose Wave music
IV features a front-panel display which will indicate the set time, station
identification, RDS-text information, and ID3-tag information (when available). The brightness level
of the display automatically adjusts itself for low and high ambient light
conditions. This feature brightens the display for better visibility in high
ambient light conditions and dims the display making it
less intrusive in low ambient light conditions. High and low brightness settings can be set independently.
Alarm Clock: The Bose music system IV offers a 12- or 24-hr alarm clock with Dual Alarms, Snooze, and Sleep Timer.
- Dual Alarms: Two different wakeup times may be set, customized for each person's preferences (radio station, disc, or beep, volume, etc.). This is handy if two people wake at different times.
- Snooze: Simply tap the unit's top-panel touch pad to activate the Snooze function. The snooze time can be set to 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, or 60 minutes.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer can be set to shut the unit off automatically after a selected period of time (10-90 minutes in 10 minute increments).
Placement: Place the Bose music system IV on a table or other flat surface. To enjoy maximum audio performance, place the music system IV across the room from where you will be listening. For best audio performance, place the Wave music system IV within 2' of a wall, and avoid placing directly in a corner.
AC Power w/ Auto Standby: The Bose music system IV operates off standard household current (120V~50/60Hz, 60W) using its integrated power supply and 8' detachable AC power cord. After 24 hours of no button presses the system automatically switches to standby (off). If the 30 minute system standby timer is enabled, the system automatically switches to standby if no audio is played and no buttons are pressed for 30 minutes.
Note: If the Wave music system IV loses power due to a power outage or unplugging the unit to move it, all system settings will be permanently retained. However, the clock time will only be temporarily stored in backup memory for up to 48 hours.
The Bose® Wave® music system IV replaces these items
16 questions already asked