About the Bose® Wave® SoundTouch® music system
An updated classic
An updated classic
What could be more convenient than the compact yet spacious-sounding Bose® Wave® radio? How about one that not only plays CDs, but also music from Internet radio stations, online music services, and your computer? The Bose® Wave® SoundTouch™ music system can do all that and more. It connects to your home network via Wi-Fi®, offering you a virtually unlimited number of entertainment options in a classic table radio design.
The Wave® SoundTouch™ music system features proprietary Bose® waveguide speaker technology and advanced digital signal processing to deliver full, expansive sound that belies its compact size. You'll still enjoy rich, room-filling Bose® sound, whether listening to an AM or FM radio station, a CD, or your favorite digital music playlist.
The simple, powerful SoundTouch™ app
The free SoundTouch™ app from Bose® is the key to simple setup and control. It makes it easy to select music and operate the Wave® SoundTouch™ music system using your smartphone, tablet, or even a computer. The app lets you choose from music services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and Deezer Premium, for a practically unlimited amount of online music (subscription required for Spotify and Deezer).
Or, listen to thousands of free Internet radio stations from around the world with iHeartRadio. Use the app to save stations and playlists as presets for instant recall with the included remote.
More listening options with Apple® AirPlay®
The Wave® SoundTouch™ music system is AirPlay-compatible, for even more listening options streamed wirelessly from your iPhone®, iPod touch®, or iPad®. Enjoy great sound from your favorite music app, a collection of tunes from your library, video soundtrack or game app sound effects. You can also stream music from your laptop or desktop computer's iTunes® library.
Crystal-clear radio reception
The advanced FM/AM tuner ensures precise radio reception. It can display RDS (radio data system) information such as call letters, artist names and song titles from stations that broadcast it. The Wave® SoundTouch™ music system has a special Talk Radio option that processes the signal for optimal clarity to help you hear every word from every caller.
Expand your system into multiple rooms
Add more SoundTouch™ systems to create a wireless multi-room audio system that's simple to use. You can play the same music simultaneously throughout your home, or have each SoundTouch™ system play different music from a different source.
- built-in AM/FM tuner
- 6 FM and 6 AM presets
- RDS (radio data service) displays call letters and song information from compatible stations
- Talk Radio mode for clearer dialogue
- built-in CD player handles regular CDs and MP3 files on CD-R and CD-RW discs
- connects to your Wi-Fi network for wireless music listening
- support for online music services, including Spotify, Pandora, Deezer Premium, and iHeartRadio for thousands of free Internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- Apple AirPlay lets you stream music wirelessly from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or computer running iTunes
- free SoundTouch app lets you control the player and play music with your Apple or Android device as well as Mac® and Windows® PCs
- connects wirelessly to other Bose® SoundTouch speakers to play the same song through multiple speakers or different songs in different rooms
- six presets offer instant music playback
- Bose® waveguide speaker technology for lifelike, room-filling sound
- touch-sensitive pad on the top panel for convenient control
- dual alarms
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- stereo minijack output for headphones
- Ethernet port for connection to a wired home network
- USB port for guided setup using your computer
- 8-foot AC power cord
- 14-5/8" W x 5-5/8" H x 8-5/8"D
- weight: 12.96 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 369754-1110
What's in the box:
- Tabletop music system
- SoundTouch pedestal
- 8' AC power cord
- Remote control (pre-installed CR 2032 3V battery)
- 3' USB cable
- Demonstration CD
- Owner's Guide
- Quick Setup Guide
Bose® Wave® SoundTouch® music system reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® Wave® SoundTouch® music system
Tabletop Wireless Music System: The Bose Wave SoundTouch provides rich, room-filling sound from a compact tabletop wireless music system that fits just about anywhere in your home. The Bose Wave SoundTouch features a built-in AM/FM tuner and CD player, a rear-panel Aux input, and includes the SoundTouch pedestal. With the addition of the SoundTouch pedestal to the Wave music system, you can listen to music stored on your Windows PC or Mac computer, plus select online Music services like Pandora, iHeart, and Spotify.
Waveguide Speaker Technology: Bose proprietary waveguide speaker technology combines with advanced digital electronics to deliver performance well beyond the speakers' size. Two 26" folded waveguides are precisely tuned to amplify the output from the transducers (speakers) to reproduce lifelike sound from the small enclosure.
Talk Radio Mode: Talk radio broadcasts can be greatly affected by either the microphone selection or the boosting of low frequencies by some radio stations. They do so in an attempt to improve speech when heard through conventional radios. In high-quality audio products, this results in sound that is unnatural or bass heavy. By selecting the "Talk Radio" mode, your SoundTouch automatically adjusts to compensate for artificially boosted low frequencies.
Placement: Place the Bose SoundTouch on a table or other flat surface. To enjoy maximum audio performance, place the SoundTouch across the room from where you will be listening. For best audio performance, place the Wave music system within 2' of a wall, and avoid placing directly in a corner.
SoundTouch Pedestal: The included SoundTouch Pedestal lets you stream Internet radio, select online music services, and your computer's music library to the Bose SoundTouch Wave music system using your home's WiFi network. The Bose SoundTouch Pedestal plugs into Wave music system's rear-panel "Bose-Link" port. The Wave music system rests on top of the pedestal.
Wireless or Wired Network Connection: The SoundTouch Pedestal offers a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) connection to your home network. The system features a rear-panel Ethernet R-J45 port and built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g; 2.4GHz). The system's network connection can be setup initially from the SoundTouch Controller App on your Apple iOS (5.0+) device or Android (4.0.3+) smartphone/tablet. You can also use the included microUSB-to-USB cable, along with the SoundTouch Controller App for system setup from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac (OS X 10.68+) computer.
SoundTouch Controller App: The Bose SoundTouch Controller app is required for initial setup and control of the Bose SoundTouch wireless music system. The Bose SoundTouch Controller app can be downloaded on your Apple iOS device, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, or Mac computer. Now you'll be able to setup and control the SoundTouch wireless music system from your Apple iOS or Android device, or from your Windows or Mac computer. Once initial setup is complete, you can use this app to explore Internet radio, select online music services, or browse your music library from your home network and computer on the Bose SoundTouch wireless music system through the Bose SoundTouch Controller app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows/Mac computer.
- For Apple iOS or Android: You can download the free SoundTouch Controller app (from the iTunes Apps store or Google Play Store) onto your Apple iOS (iOS 5.0+) or Android (4.0.3+) device so you can setup and control the Bose system from your mobile device.
- For Windows PC or Mac Computer: The SoundTouch Controller app for Windows & Mac lets you setup and control the Bose SoundTouch system from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac computer (OS X 10.6.8+). Simply install the SoundTouch app onto your Windows PC or Mac computer.
Variety Of Music Sources: The SoundTouch wireless music system supports a variety of music options; including Internet Radio, Pandora Radio, music files stored on your computer, and stored music/music apps on your Apple iOS device.
- Internet Radio + Online Music: The SoundTouch system lets you play Internet radio stations from around the world. You also get access to the Pandora, Spotify Connect, iHeart Radio, and Deezer (coming soon) online music services. More music services will be added in the future.
- Music Stored On Your Computer: The SoundTouch wireless system can play back MP3, WMA, AAC. and ALAC music files that are managed by iTunes or Windows Media Player on your Windows or Mac computer. You computer must be connected to the same wired or wireless home network as the SoundTouch system.
- AirPlay for iOS devices: You are able to stream stored music and music apps from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the SoundTouch WiFi music systems via AirPlay. You can also stream your entire iTunes music library on your laptop/desktop computer using Apple's free Remote app for iPod touch/iPhone/iPad. Your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad must have iOS 4.3 or later installed and connected to the same wireless home network as the SoundTouch music system.
Note: You cannot stream music stored on an Android phone or from apps on an Android phone to the Bose SoundTouch system.
Six Presets: You can personalize six presets to your favorite streaming music services (Pandora) and Internet radio stations, or playlists, artists, albums, and songs from your computer's music library. The presets can easily be set, changed, and accessed directly with the free SoundTouch app on your computer or iOS/Android device. You cannot set presets for AirPlay or the Aux input.
Multi-Room: The SoundTouch Pedestal also enables Bose Wave music system to work with other SoundTouch systems (sold separately) throughout the house to create a multi-room listening experience. In "Play Everywhere" mode, these systems work together as one to play the same music, ideal for parties. Or, they can be used to play different music in different rooms.
Note: You can link up to four SoundTouch music systems together for a multi-room/multi-source audio experience. You are able to play the same music source or different music source on each SoundTouch system, using the SoundTouch app on your computer or iOS/Android device.
USB Ports (Setup Only): The USB type-A and type-B connectors on the back of the system are for setup and updates only. These connectors are not designed to playback or charge smartphones, tablets, thumbdrives, or other similar devices.
CD Player: The Wave SoundTouch has a single CD slot for playback of CD-Audio, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. The player supports playback of MP3 (64-128kbps; 32-44.1kHz) music files recorded onto CD-R or CD-RW discs. Disc playback is controlled from the included IR remote. Song/artist information of MP3 music files are displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD.
- Play Modes: While a CD is playing, you can change the way it is played. Choose Normal Play, Shuffle (Disc/Folder/Repeat), or Repeat (Disc/Folder/Track). The play mode will return to Normal Play whenever a new CD is inserted.
- Search Functions: Search functions include Fast Forward, Rewind, Next Track, and Previous Track.
- Resume Playback: When you play a stopped CD it will always resume from the place it was stopped.
- Auto Reload: If you eject a CD but do not remove it from the CD player slot within 10 seconds, the CD player will pull the CD back into the player, reload it, and start playing.
Note: Music files on an MP3 CD are played according to the folder structure on the disc.
Advanced AM/FM Tuner: The Bose SoundTouch comes with a built-in FM/AM tuner. The advanced AM/FM tuner delivers more precise radio reception and
- RDS: When you select FM radio, RDS information for the current station is displayed like artist name and song titles (when available).
- Presets: You can store up to 6 FM and 6 AM radio stations for quick recall.
Note: The SoundTouch power cord is used as an antenna for FM radio. If, after adjusting the position of the power cord, you still experience poor reception, you may need to install an external antenna. An external FM dipole antenna with a 3.5mm connector can be ordered through Bose Customer Service.
Aux Input: There is a rear-panel 3.5mm Aux input for connecting an external analog audio source, like your smartphone or tablet.
Headphone Out: The SoundTouch comes with a rear-panel 3.5mm headphone jack for private listening. Plugging in a set of headphones will mute the SoundTouch 's speakers. If an alarm or timer sounds while using headphones, it will sound through the SoundTouch speakers.
Touch Pad & Remote Control: The Wave SoundTouch has a touch-sensitive switch under the top, front, center area of the enclosure. Momentarily placing your hand on the touch pad can turn the SoundTouch on or off. You can operate volume, station selection, disc playback, and WiFi music playback functions with the convenient IR wireless remote control. The remote normally works within 20' of the display.
Front-Panel Display w/ Auto Brightness: The Bose Wave music
features a front-panel display which will indicate the set time, station
identification, RDS-text information, ID3-tag information, and WiFi music info (when available). The brightness level
of the display automatically adjusts itself for low and high ambient light
conditions. This feature brightens the display for better visibility in high
ambient light conditions and dims the display making it
less intrusive in low ambient light conditions. High and low brightness settings can be set independently.
Alarm Clock: The Bose SoundTouch offers a 12- or 24-hr alarm clock with Dual Alarms, Snooze, and Sleep Timer.
- Dual Alarms: Two different wakeup times may be set, customized for each person's preferences (radio station, disc, or beep, volume, etc.). This is handy if two people wake at different times.
- Snooze: Simply tap the unit's top-panel touch pad to activate the Snooze function. The snooze time can be set to 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, or 60 minutes.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer can be set to shut the unit off automatically after a selected period of time (10-90 minutes in 10 minute increments).
AC Power w/ Auto Standby: The Bose SoundTouch operates off standard household current (120V~50/60Hz, 60W) using its integrated power supply and 8' detachable AC power cord. After 24 hours of no button presses the system automatically switches to standby (off). If the 30 minute system standby timer is enabled, the system automatically switches to standby if no audio is played and no buttons are pressed for 30 minutes.
Note: If the Wave SoundTouch loses power due to a power outage or unplugging the unit to move it, all system settings will be permanently retained. However, the clock time will only be temporarily stored in backup memory for up to 48 hours.
8 questions already asked