About the Bose® Zone 2 stereo adapter kit
Take full advantage of the capabilities of your Bose Lifestyle system by adding a second roomful of sound! The adapter kit includes a special DIN-to-RCA adapter cable plug the DIN end into the Lifestyle control center, then plug the other end into standard RCA patch connectors for Bose powered speakers or the Bose Wave radio.
The kit also includes an RF remote control so you can enjoy pushbutton convenience with your second sound source that's totally independent of the main system.
What's in the box:
- White RC-20 RF remote
- 3 AA batteries for remote
- 4 self-adhesive labels for note zone and room
- One 36" 8-pin DIN-to-stereo RCA and minijack control female inputs
- Instruction sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® Zone 2 stereo adapter kit
This model is used with the Bose 2-Zone Lifestyle systems to
direct sound from one or two sound sources to two different listening areas at the same
time. Each of these listening areas can use one or more pair of powered speakers, and is
controlled by this remote. To set a zone as 1 or 2, you use dip switch number 8 in the
battery compartment of this remote control. You can also turn zones one and two on and off
from the control unit. The control unit display shows Zone 1 information when either only
Zone 1 or Zone 1 and 2 are on; if only zone 2 is on zone 2 information is displayed. Zone
1 and 2 can play different sound sources at the same time (CD/AM/FM/TAPE/VIDEO/AUX), both
Zones can also play the same source. Only 1 radio station can be played at any given time,
and it is not possible to listen to different stations in different Zones.
To use two zones: you need to
- Use the Lifestyle system cable to connect a second Bose powered speaker system to the speaker zone 2 jack on the back of the music center (cable included with this unit)
- Use the remote included with this unit to control the second Zone (slide dipswitch 8 up, set switches 1/2/3 and 4 to match those on your first remote
- Stereo RCA patchcord (not included) will have to be run from this adapter cable to the powered loudspeaker
If the powered speakers you are using do not have a control input (minijack) you can still use this system, but you will have to power the secondary speakers on/off yourself.
- Source buttons: Video 1, Video 2, Aux, CD, AM/FM, Tape
- Transport buttons: Stop/Pause/Play/|<<>>| (skip or rev/fwd)
- Next Disc (Disc skip)/Random
- Volume up/down
- Mute All (mutes all Zones)