About the Clarion CMM-20
Style plus performance
Style plus performance
With smooth styling and marine-rated toughness, Clarion's CMM-20 marine digital media receiver will be a great addition to your boat. This versatile receiver includes built-in Bluetooth®, a variety of connectivity options, and 2-channel pre-amp outputs, among other neat features.
Built-in Bluetooth® 5.0 and more
What do you want to play today? The CMM-20 lets you stream music from your smartphone or any other Bluetooth device. Plug your iPhone into the rear USB port and enjoy all your favorite MP3 or WMA music. You can also play tunes stored on your digital music player using the AUX input.
Two audio zones
The CMM-20 offers two-zone audio control, so you can split the boat into two distinct areas to suit your needs. Each zone can be controlled by a compatible Clarion wired remote (sold separately).
Tune in terrestrially
Clarion's outstanding AM/FM tuner hauls in plenty of local radio stations, no matter where "local" happens to be. You'll also be able to get the latest on changing conditions from the NOAA Weather Band, including automatic reception of emergency info.
Excellent fit and functionality
This compact receiver fits into tight spaces, while the face features rubberized, backlit buttons that add visual punch and improve nighttime usability. The high-contrast TFT display gives you the information you need with just a glance, even in bright sunlight. The CMM-20 also works with Clarion's CMR-10, CMR-20, and CMR-30 marine remotes.
Made for life on the water
The front panel is IP66-certified to give you best-in-class water intrusion and saltwater protection. On the inside, rubber gaskets and integrated drainage channels keep water out. It's also UV-treated, so it'll stand up to broiling sunlight, too.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
This marine digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- marine digital media receiver
- high-contrast TFT display
- built-in Bluetooth 5.0 streaming
- works with Apple and Android smartphones
- global AM/FM/Weather Band tuner
- illuminated buttons
- built-in amp (4 x 25 watts RMS at 4 ohms)
- 2-zone source and volume control
- inputs: AUX and USB
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs (3.5 volts)
- works with Clarion CMR wired marine remotes
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 92803
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver (15A fuse)
- Power harness
- Speaker harness
- Trim-ring (pre-inistalled)
- 4 Screws
- Cutout Template
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Clarion CMM-20
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|USB Port Power||1A|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||25 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||1.5 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, FLAC, WAV|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Marine Certified: The Clarion CMM-20 features an IP66-rated weatherproof construction design that products the digital media receiver from exposure to water-spray and dust. Utilizing UV-treated, durable, marine-rated materials, the Clarion CMM-20 digital media receiver is built to endure the harsh marine environment. It is built to exceed industry standards for salt-fog/UV exposure (ASTM B117/D4329) and shock/vibration resistance, ensuring excellent long-term durability.
Note: The CMM-20 can be exposed to water-spray, but cannot be submerged in water.
Front-Panel Display & Controls: The CMM-20 digital media receiver's 2.7" high-contrast TFT (thin-film-transistor) display makes text readable in some of the brightest lighting conditions. The front-panel contains a 3-way rotary knob to operate volume, as well a navigate and select menu settings. Along the bottom edge of the front-panel are seven push-button controls to operate power, menu settings, favorites (presets), play/pause, previous/next track, and fast forward/rewind.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Clarion CMM-20 offers built-in Bluetooth 2.1+EDR with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet to the digital media receiver. You can also control playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track from the marine receiver. You can pair multiple devices with the CMM-20, but only one source device can be connected for playback at a time. The receiver has a Bluetooth wireless range of 35'.
- The unit will does not display song/artist/album information.
- The Clarion CMM-20 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
USB-A Port: The rear-panel USB-A 2.0 port allows for connection of an external USB MSC (mass storage class device), such as a USB thumbdrive. You'll be able to playback MP3/WMA (up to 320kbps) and FLAC/WAV (up to 48kHz) music files stored on a compatible USB thumbdrive (up to 64GB). It can recognize a total of 255 folders and a total of 9,999 files (3,000 files per folder). The unit offers playback functions such as Folder/Track List, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Random/Repeat. The receiver will also display song/artist/album information (no album art). The USB-A port is rated at 5V/1A and can be used to charge your smartphone device.
- The USB port is attached to the rear chassis by a 9" cord, so you'll need a USB extension cable (sold separately).
- The USB-A port does not support playback from Apple iOS or Android OS devices. The USB port also does not support USB hubs or card-readers.
Aux Input: The marine receiver's rear-panel Aux input consists of a set of stereo RCA jacks that allow you to connect an external audio source for playback. You can adjust the receiver's Aux input sensitivity (-5 to +5) to match the output level of your connected device. The Aux input is attached to the rear-chassis by a 8" cord.
Built-In AM/FM/Weather Band Tuner with RDS: The Clarion CMM-20 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with NOAA weather-band capability. You can store up to 9 AM/FM/WB presets in any combination. RDS (Radio Data System) displays channel, category, and program information for select FM broadcasts (where available). You can select between US and European tuning.
- AM: 530 kHz to 1710 kHz (9 or 10 kHz steps)
- FM: 87.5 MHz to 108.0 MHz (0.05 or 0.2 MHz steps)
- WB: 16.2400 MHz to 162.550 MHz (0.05 MHz steps)
Note: A marine radio antenna is required (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Dual Zone Audio: A built-in 25 watts x 4 channel amplifier can be used to power two Zones with a pair of 4-ohmn loudspeakers in each zone. The CMM-20 is also equipped with a set of 2ch/1.5V preouts that can be used add an external amplifier to power speakers in Zone 2 or a subwoofer in Zone 1. Zone 1 and Zone 2 have independent volume control. You can also adjust the sub level independently. However, the same audio source will be played back in each Zone (no independent source selection).
- EQ Presets: You can slect between 5 EQ presets - Flat, Pop, Classic, Rock, or Off.
- Bass & Treble: The Off EQ preset allows you to manually adjust Bass & Treble (-10 to +10)
- Balance/Fader: You can balance the output of the left and right channels, as well as fade between Zone 1 and Zone 2.
Note: The Zone 2/Sub preout does not contain a low-pass crossover filter.
Mounting Options: The Clarion CMM-20 requires a rectangular cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis. Four screws (supplied) fasten the unit against the mounting surface, and hold the waterproof gasket against the bulkhead. A cardboard template is supplied to assist you with the cutout and drilling the screw holes.
- Chassis Size (Cutout): 3.695" (w) x 3.095" (h) x 4.255" (d)
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 5.935" (w) x 3.895" (h) x 1.475" (d)
- Screw Hole Spacing: 5.285" (w) x 1.965" (h) x 1.0625"
Note: The receiver does not include a mounting sleeve or ISO-mount screw holes to accommodate standard I-, J-, or E-sized automotive installation.
Optional Wired Remotes: The CMM-20 features a proprietary Remote Input and offers compatibility with select Clarion marine wired remote controls (all sold separately). The Clarion wired remotes are IP67-rated which protects them against water submersion (up to 3.3' for 30 minutes) and dust ingress. You can add up to two wired remotes using Clarion's CMC-RC-Y splitter (sold separately). You can also extend the wired reach of the wired remotes by adding Clarion's 6' or 25' remote extension cable (sold separately).
- CM-R30: The CM-R30 is a full-function, wired remote control with an integrated high-contrast LCD segment display and back-lit rubberized buttons. This remote control perfectly complements the design of the CMM-20 receiver.
- CMR-20: The CMR-20 is also a full-function, wired remote control with integrated high-contrast LCD segment display and back-lit rubberized buttons.
- CMR-10: The CMR-10 is compact wired remote control offer basic control functions and back-lit rubberized buttons (no display).
Note: All of the wired remote controls, Y-splitter, and extension cables are sold separately. The Clarion CMM-20 does not offer wireless remote control.