About the Clarion CZ302
Talk hands-free and stream music
Talk hands-free and stream music
You can't avoid it, sometimes an important call comes in while you're on the road. Clarion's CZ302 CD receiver puts Parrot's class-leading Bluetooth® in your dash, so you can field those calls and hear your caller over your speakers. Pairing your phone with this Clarion receiver's incredibly easy, and a driver's-side built-in microphone ensures the person on the other end will hear you loud and clear. And you can also stream music from your phone or another compatible device.
Pandora® Internet radio for iPhone® lovers
Take your Pandora stations along with the CZ302 — with your iPhone connected, you can run the free Pandora app on your phone and control it from the dash. You can skip tracks, change stations, and rate songs just like you do online.
Connect your iPod® or iPhone
Your music library's extensive, but you're in the mood for that one perfect song. Connect your iPod or iPhone to the convenient front-panel USB input, and you can dive into that massive collection. Clarion's ABC Search lets you quickly zero in on a tune, or you can search more generally by artist, playlist, genre, and more. You can also switch control from the receiver to the player itself, so you can put a passenger in charge of the music.
Built around great sound
Clarion's built-in amplifier gives you the clean power you need to overcome road noise, while the versatile Magna Bass EX bass boost will add depth to your sound without getting muddy. The 3-band parametric equalizer gives you pinpoint control over the highs, mids, and lows — that's a big jump over the simple bass and treble controls found on most factory radios. A built-in low-pass filter lets you control the character of your bass, while a high-pass filter trims the extreme low bass out of your front and rear speakers so they play more efficiently.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Clarion stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the CZ302, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in amplifier (19 watts RMS CEA-2006/45 peak x 4 channels)
- detachable face with 2-line display
- Pandora control for iPhone
- plays MP3 and WMA files on disc
- remote control
- BeatEQ (four preset tone settings and 3-band parametric EQ)
- high- and low-pass filters
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary input, front-panel USB input
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/sub)
What's in the box:
- AM/FM CD receiver (with two transports screws installed)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Face (inside included face-case)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness (with in-line 15A fuse on constant power wire)
- IR remote control (RCX001)
- CR2025 3V Lithium battery
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 4 M5 x 6mm ISO screws
- Face fixing screw
- Hard plastic face-case
- Owner's/Installation Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Warranty Sheet (USA/Canada)
- "About pairing of Bluetooth mode" note
Clarion CZ302 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Clarion CZ302
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||19 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
Bluetooth Technology (powered by Parrot): The Clarion CZ302 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 2.0+EDR (powered by Parrot), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit.
Bluetooth Profiles: In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the CZ302. You can register up to five Bluetooth enabled cell-phones with the Clarion in-dash head unit (only one paired phone can be used at a time). The Clarion CZ302 is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone.
Note: The Clarion CZ302 is not compatible with all Bluetooth enabled phones or audio players. Visit Clarion Bluetooth Support for complete list of compatible phones and players.
Hands-Free Communication: The CZ302 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The CZ302 can be set to automatically answer your incoming calls and mute any music audio to your vehicle's speakers so you can instantly carry on a phone conversation hands-free. An integrated front-panel microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can make a call by entering the phone number, selecting a contact from your Phonebook list, or using the Call History Log of received/dialed/missed calls.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls. You can also set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call within 5 seconds.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Clarion
in-dash head unit's front-panel controls.
- Direct Dial: Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers (0-9, *, #, +) directly via the car stereo's rotary control knob.
- Phonebook: You can search for contact names in your mobile phone's phonebook from the Clarion CZ302 and then make your call. The head unit can store up to 500 contact numbers.
- Call Log: You can also make a call by searching your mobile phone's call history (Received/Dialed/Missed) from the Clarion CZ302.
- Redial: You can simply redial the last number dialed with a press of a single button on the in-dash head unit.
Integrated Microphone: The Clarion CZ302 features an integrated front-panel microphone to carry on your side of a conversation during a Bluetooth phone call. You can adjust the microphone gain (+/-5) for each paired mobile phone device.
External Microphone (optional): The Clarion RCB-204 (sold separately) is an external microphone which can be connected to Clarion CZ302. The external microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than the integrated microphone found on the front-panel of the head unit. The microphone features an attached 13.25' cord terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector which plugs into the microphone input on the rear-chassis of your compatible Clarion head unit. The microphone also features an integrated sun-visor clip for mounting the external microphone in your vehicle. The integrated bracket allows the microphone to swivel left-to-right and rotate up-or-down.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Clarion CZ302 also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The CZ302 will be able to control your stored music's basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Fast-Forward/Reverse. The CZ302 also supports audio streaming of music apps from your smartphone, but without control or metadata. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to view & control streaming music apps. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Note: The new iPhone with Lightning connector only offers Bluetooth audio streaming without control or metadata display.
AM/FM Tuner: The Clarion CZ302 is equipped with a built-in AM/FM tuner offering manual, seek, & preset tuning.
Instant Station Recall (ISR): You can store one radio station in Instant Station Recall (ISR) memory and recall it from any mode (except Power Off). Once the ISR station has been recalled, you cannot tune to another station without first disengaging the ISR function. You can, however, switch to another source.
Preset Stations: 18 FM station presets and 6 AM station presets can stored. Stations can be stored manually or automatically.
Preset Scan: Preset scan receives the stations stored in the unit's preset memory in order. This function is useful when searching for a desired preset station.
Local Seeking: When Local seeking is turned "On", only those radio stations with strong radio signal can be received.
SiriusXM Ready: The Clarion CZ302 comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM & Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the " SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options & channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Category Search feature lets you search for channels within a certain genre or category
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Artist/Song Alert notifies you when your favorite artist or song is playing
- Replay feature lets you pause, fast-forward, or rewind up to 30 minutes of live content
- iTunes Tagging for your connected iPod or iPhone
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
USB Port: The front-panel USB (type-A) port allows you to connect and play USB (1.1/2.0) Mass Storage Class devices loaded with MP3/WMA music files. MP3/WMA files with a bit rate from 8-320 kbps and formatted with FAT are supported. The head unit can recognize up to 999 files per folder and 3,000 total files. Titles up to 64 characters can be displayed while in USB mode. The CZ302 offers the following playback operation of your USB Mass Storage device; Play/Pause, Track selection, Fast-forward/backward, Scan play, Repeat play, and Folder selection. This unit will also charge (0.5A) your connected USB device when the receiver is turned on.
Note: The Clarion USB extension cable (020CCA755, sold separately) can be used to connected your USB flash-memory device. Copy-protected WMA files cannot be played on this unit.
iPod Direct Connection: The Clarion' CZ302's front-panel USB port also acts as an iPod/iPhone high-speed direct connection when used with the 30-pin or Lightning cable that came with your iPod/iPhone. Using either cable allows audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhone models from the Clarion in-dash head unit.
- iPod DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 94dB.
- Information Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, and Artist/Artist name. The head unit will also display song/artist information from the Pandora App. It will not display metadata from other streamed apps or when in Simple Control mode.
- iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 0.5A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod Control: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen.
- Head Unit: The Clarion head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, or Podcast. You can search these categories alphabetically (A-Z). The head unit also supports Repeat (file/all) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone.
- Simple Control: In Simple Control mode, you can navigate the
stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen. You can
also listen to your favorite music apps (such as
Slacker) from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Clarion head unit
and your vehicle's speakers. You will continue to use your iPhone's
touchscreen to navigate your apps. Not all apps will be compatible with App
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
Pandora App: The Pandora App (free) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Clarion CZ302 using your connected Apple iPhone, via the USB/Dock cable supplied with your iPhone. The Clarion CZ302 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). Or, you can create a new station from the current playing artist or song. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0 +) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Clarion CZ302 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/25/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora app||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Auxiliary Input: The CZ302 feature a front panel 3.5mm auxiliary input so you connect your external portable audio player or portable satellite radio receiver to this head unit. You can set the Auxiliary input sensitivity level to Low or High to match the volume output of your connected external audio device.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio, CD-Text, & finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs.
MP3/WMA Playback: The unit can play MP3 (8-320 kbps/VBR) and WMA (8-320 kbps) files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs using ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Joliet, Romeo, or Apple ISO formats. The player can recognize up to 8 hierarchical levels and 999 files per folder (or 3,000 total files). This unit is compatible with, and will display MP3 & WMA ID3 tags up to 32 characters.
Disc-In-Play-Function: This feature allows you to turn the power to the unit "on" and start playing the disc automatically when the disc is inserted even if the unit is not powered up, as long as the ignition key is turned to the "on" or "acc" position.
Top Function: The Top Function resets the CD player to the first track of a CD-Audio disc or first track of a folder for an CD-R/RW disc.
Folder Select: This function allows you to select a folder containing MP3/WMA files and start playing from the first track in the folder.
Playback Functions: The CZ302 provides Repeat, Random, & Scan playback functions.
- Scan Play: This function allows you to locate and play the first 10 seconds of all the tracks recorded on a CD or the first 10 seconds of the first track of all the folders on an MP3/WMA disc.
- Repeat Play: This function allows you to play the current track on a disc repeatedly or play a file currently being played in a MP3/WMA folder repeatedly.
- Random Play: This function allows you to play all tracks recorded on a disc or in a folder in a random order.
Last Position Memory: If you turn off the unit while a disc is playing, it will resume playback at the stopping point when it is turned on again.
Auto Reload: When a CD is ejected and left sticking out of the CD slot for 15 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Mounting: For proper CD playback you must install the unit within 30° of horizontal.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Clarion CZ302 employs a MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) power amplifier capable of delivering 45W (Peak) x 4ch of high quality sound with superior linearity & less distortion than conventional power amps, even with the volume cranked up.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the CZ302 are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the CZ302 are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 19 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 45 watts x 4 channels (180 watts total)
BeatEQ: BeatEQ lets you tune the sound to your liking, depending on the category of music, for a more fulfilling listening experience. The Clarion CD receiver provides 4 preset EQ curves (Bass Boost, Impact, Excite, Off) and 1 custom EQ curve. Bass Boost emphasizes the bass portion of your music; Impact emphasizes the bass & treble portions of your music; Excite emphasizes bass, midrange & treble portions of your music; while Flat sets the bass, midrange, & treble to 0. The Custom EQ lets you freely customize the frequency, Q-factor, and level of the bass, midrange, & treble. BeatEQ settings are applied to all sources.
|BeatEQ (Custom Mode)||Frequency||Q-Factor||Level|
|Bass||50Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz||0.7, 1, 1.4, 2.0||-7 to + 7 dB|
|Midrange||500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz|
|Treble||5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz|
Magna Bass EX (Extend): The Magna Bass Extend feature does not adjust the low frequencies like the normal sound adjustment function, but emphasizes the deep bass frequencies to provide you with a dynamic sound. This circuit boosts bass at an ultra-low frequency of about 50Hz, creating a rich, deep, defined bass rather than the muddy, booming bass of a standard loudness control. What is more, boost levels are dependent on the system volume, resulting in balanced system response and dynamic bass reproduction.
4ch/2V Preamp Output: The Clarion CZ302 features 4ch/2V RCA line level outputs (Front/Rear). The unit's rear preamp outputs can be configured as a dedicated non-fading RCA subwoofer output with a low-pass filter and level control (+/-6).
Built-in Crossovers: The Clarion CZ302 is equipped with built-in low-pass and high-pass crossovers.
- Low-Pass Subwoofer Filter: The Low-Pass Filter (LPF) for the subwoofer preamp output will send only the low frequency range through the preamp outputs to ensure superb performance with a connected subwoofer. The low-pass filter can be set to 60Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz, or Through (full-range).
- High-Pass Filter: The CZ302 features a High-Pass Filter (HPF) for the unit's front & rear channels, via speaker-output or preamp-output. You can adjust the high-pass filter from 60Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz, or Through (full-range). The HPF prevents low bass notes from distorting your front & rear speakers. The high-pass filter setting effects both the front & rear channels of the head unit.
Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Detachable Face Security: This unit features Detachable Face Security. A hard plastic face-case is included to protect the head unit's face when detached. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit
H.M.I. Design: Clarion's superior H.M.I. (Human-Machine Interface) Design features an easy-to-use rotary volume control and easy-to-read illuminated buttons on the face which are laid out in an asymmetrical design to place the most used features within a specific area for ease of use and less user distraction.
High Visibility LCD: The two-line, high visibility LCD (with black background and white characters) on the CZ302 allows numbers and characters to be displayed clearly in almost any lighting condition.
Illumination Dimmer: The receiver's display automatically dims to a preset brightness when the vehicle's headlights are turned on. The wiring harness includes an orange/white lead that should be connected to the vehicle's parking light circuit in order for the dimmer feature to operate.
Screen Saver: This unit is provided with a Screen Saver function which allows you to show various kinds of patterns and characters in the operation status indication area of the display in a random order. You can turn this function on or off. If the button operation is performed with the screen saver function "On", the operation display corresponding to the button operation is shown for about 30 seconds and then the display returns to the screen saver display.
Wireless Remote: The CZ302 comes supplied with an IR remote control (RCX001) for wireless operation of the CD player. The remote operates off of a single CR3025 Lithium cell 3-volt battery. The remote does not offer Bluetooth hands-free communication control, but does provide playback operation for Bluetooth audio streaming.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
The Clarion CZ302 replaces these items
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
19 questions already asked