About the Clarion DFZ675MC
Fill the double-DIN size opening in your car with this stunning CD player, and enjoy plentiful musical options and outstanding sound. The large front panel features 728 possible button colors to match your interior and a large rotary knob for easy system control. But there's much more than good looks going on check out these features.
Clarion's Music Catcher II lets you rip tracks or entire albums from your CDs into the player's internal memory at up to 4X speed. You can store up to 13 CDs worth of music, so you won't have to haul around a CD changer and cartridges anymore.
The DFZ675MC will play CDs burned with MP3 and WMA files, and you can expand your system with a Clarion CD player or SIRIUS satellite radio. A front panel auxiliary input lets you add on a portable music player, while the SD card slot makes it a snap to check out files from your digital music collection.
A high-quality digital-to-analog converter ensures superb reproduction from all your recordings, while the strong amplifier fills your speakers with plenty of clean, clear sound. The built-in equalizer gives you plenty of music-shaping possibilities, and you can kick up the lows with a well-voiced bass boost.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Note: Your dash must have a 4" opening for this stereo to fit; the 3" openings found in some vehicles, especially GM and Chrysler, will not accommodate it.
- Double-sized CD receiver with built-in amplifier (19 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files)
- Music Catcher II rips and stores up to 650 minutes of music from your CDs
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- multicolor faceplate with 728 variable button colors
- wireless remote
- Digital Z-Enhancer offers nine EQ settings
- 2-band parametric equalizer
- Magna Bass EX bass boost
- SIRIUS satellite radio-ready (tuner, antenna, and service subscription required)
- auxiliary input (front panel)
- SD card slot
- CD changer controls
- two sets of preamp outputs
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- CD/SD/MP3/WMA Receiver
- Wiring harness (with in-line 15A and 3A fuses on constant power wires)
- Trim ring
- Wireless remote control (RCB-176)
- CR2025 Lithium battery
- 8 Recessed ISO mounting screws
- 8 Hex-head ISO mounting screws with flat washers attached
- 8 Spacers
- 8 Tape rings
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Installation/Wire Connection Guide
- Warranty sheet
Clarion DFZ675MC reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Clarion DFZ675MC
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||SD Memory Card|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||19 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Music Catcher II: Clarion's Music Catcher II lets you record entire CDs, or individual songs from CDs, to the DFZ675MCs internal memory (music cannot be recorded from an SD card, the radio, or a device connected to the auxiliary input). Recording time varies based on recording quality:
- SHQ Mode: Approximately 248 minutes/5CDs (approximately 50 min per CD)
- HQ Mode: Approximately 331 minutes/7CDs
- STD Mode: Approximately 497 minutes/10CDs
- LP Mode: Approximately 663 minutes/13CDs
SD Card Slot: The front-panel slot allows you to play MP3 and WMA files saved on SD memory cards. The SD memory card capacity range is 32 MB to 1 GB. MMC, miniSD cards, microSD cards, and SDHC cards are not compatible.
MP3/WMA Playback: The receiver can play MP3 and WMA files recorded on CD-R, CD-RW, or SD card. Compatible formats include ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo. Each disc should have a maximum of 8 directory levels. During playback the unit displays any recorded ID3 Tag information.
Digital Z-Enhancer:While maintaining overall acoustic balance, three preset patterns are available, designed to compliment various speaker types. Processing is done in the digital domain to avoid phase shifts and other inaccuracies when equalization, filtering, and other processing is done in the analog domain. For even more sound flexibility, the Digital Z-Enhancer provides gain adjustments from -3 to +3 for each speaker pattern, enabling sound to be optimized according to the speaker system and sound source.
Listening Position Optimizer (LPO): LPO virtually optimizes the speaker distances for the type of car and specified seat in the car. Car type options include compact, sedan, and van and position options include the driver's seat, front passenger seat, and rear seat.
Magna Bass EX Bass Boost: Ordinary loudness circuits boost bass in the frequency range around 100 Hz. However, Clarion's Magna Bass boosts bass lower than that-in a band centered at 60 Hz-to provide extra low-frequency impact. To boost bass frequencies that are even lower, Clarion's new Magna Bass EX boosts the bass in the vicinity of 60 Hz by nearly 10 dB, and Magna Bass EX automatically compensates for whatever volume level you have chosen to ensure well-balanced dynamic bass no matter how loud you play your music. Note: Magna Bass EX cannot be used when the Digital Z-Enhancer is turned on.
Bass/Treble: The receiver features bass and treble controls with adjustable parameters, so it effectively has a 2-band parametric equalizer. The bass and treble cannot be adjusted when the Digital Z-Enhancer is turned on. The gain, center frequency, and Q can be adjusted for bass and treble as follows:
- Bass Gain: -6 to +8 (-12dB to +16dB)
- Bass Freq: 50Hz, 80Hz, or 120Hz
- Bass Q: 1, 1.25, 1.5 or 2
- Treble Gain: -6 to +6 (max adjustment is +/-12dB)
- Treble Freq: 8kHz or 12khz
Instant Station Recall (ISR): ISR is a special radio preset you can access from any play mode, so you can instantly recall that radio station without toggling through the other sources.
Auxiliary Input: This unit features a 3.5mm mini-jack auxiliary input on the front panel. The sensitivity of the input can be set (low, mid, or high) to match the output of the auxiliary source to the other sources.
Clarion Anti Theft System (CATS): Once you program your four digit security code, if power is removed from the unit, the code must be entered before it will work again. This feature can be turned off if you prefer.
Titles: Titles up to 10 characters can be stored in memory. The internal memory has space for 30 radio station names, 50 CD titles for the built-in player, 100 CD titles for an attached CD changer, and 20 TV station names for an attached TV tuner.
Illumination: Arranged vertically on both sides of the radio face are 18 bars (9 on each side) that can be backlit in 728 different color shades to best match your car interior. There are 12 factory presets, a color scan setting which cycles through colors every 3 seconds, and 3 user presets, for which the red, green, and blue are individually adjustable. The control buttons across the bottom of the player are backlit in blue.
Screen Saver: When the screen saver is turned on various patterns and characters, or a programmable message, moves across the display starting about 30 seconds after you pressed the last button. The screen saver can be turned off.
Display Dimmer: When the dimmer control is set to on, the display automatically dims when the vehicle lights are turned on. When set to off, the display doesn't dim.
Note: In order for the display dimmer feature to operate, the orange/white wire in the supplied wiring harness must be connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit.
- Disc selection: +/-
- Track selection: +/-
- Audible search within a track: +/-
- Scan play: plays first 10 seconds of each track
- Disc scan play: plays first 10 seconds of the first track on each disc
- Repeat play: repeats the current song
- Disc repeat play: repeats the current disc
- Random play: plays the tracks on the current disc in random order
- Disc random play: plays the tracks in random order from all the discs in the changer
TV Tuner: An optional Clarion TV tuner can be controlled by the DFZ675MC through the CeNET bus. The TV sound is played through the stereo and the video is connected to a monitor (sold separately).
iPod Interface: With the optional CeNET iPod interface (item number 020CCAIPOD), you can connect your Apple iPod to this receiver. Not only will you be able to control and listen to music from your iPod, the easy-to-use interface also powers and charges your portable music player. Using the iPod menu mode you can access your iPod playlists and search by artist, album, song, genre, or composer. The DFZ675MC also displays the artist, album, song title, etc information. Note: This interface works with the following iPods: iPod 4th gen/photo, iPod 5th gen/video, iPod classic, iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd gen), iPod touch, and iPhone (1st gen).
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver to this receiver:
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio: To receive SIRIUS Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional SC-C1 SIRIUS Connect Universal Vehicle Tuner and the Clarion CLA-SC1 Ce-NET SIRIUS Satellite Radio interface (package item number 700SIRCLAR).
- XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional CNP2000UC XM Mini Tuner and the CNP-CLA1 Clarion adapter cable (package item number 700XMCLA1).
- Auxiliary Input: A portable satellite
radio receiver, such as the Delphi SkyFi3 or SIRIUS Sportster, can be
connected to the head unit via an auxiliary input.
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.