About the Clarion ProAudio DRX9675z
Clarion's DRX9675z is the Rolls Royce of the ProAudio line. This showpiece CD tuner will treat you to the audiophile-quality sound of premium D/A converters with zero-bit detector mute circuitry. And the ultra-high-resolution 64-color display with its spectrum analyzer will amaze you with its full-motion screensavers. The fully-motorized, fold-down face detaches for extra security.
The DRX9675 can be operated in two modes. In "Standard" mode, you can utilize a 7-band graphic EQ, Listening Position adjustment (6 settings), and 5 DSP modes (Hall, Livehouse, Club, Jazzclub, and Studio). Switch to "Professional" mode, and you'll gain access to powerful sound contouring start with the Vehicle Space Enhancer and select one of six presets to match your vehicle's body style. Then switch to the 3-band parametric EQ and tweak your way to sonic nirvana. In addition to the six parametric EQ presets, six user-defined presets may be stored.
You'll need to choose an external amplifier from our selection the DRX9675z has no built-in power. Each of the three sets of preamp outputs has a 4-volt signal level, and the super-low, 33-ohm impedance ensures potent signal transfer for extra-clean sound.
Built-in CD changer/TV tuner/EQ/DSP controls keep all your options for system expansion wide open. The highly-praised Magi-Tune Plus tuner delivers superb AM/FM reception, even from distant stations. A convenient wireless remote control is included.Details:
- detachable, motorized face
- adjustable display contrast and angle
- hi-resolution 64-color display
- full-motion animated screensavers
- spectrum analyzer (7 patterns)
- Magi-Tune Plus tuner
- 18 FM/6 AM presets
- "Standard" mode audio processing with graphic EQ, listening position adjustment, and DSP modes
- "Professional" mode audio processing with Virtual Space Enhancer with 6 vehicle-specific presets (sedan 1, sedan 2, wagon 1, wagon 2, mini-van 1, mini-van 2) and 3-band parametric EQ (with 6 presets and 6 user presets)
- 4-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs with 33-ohm impedance
- CD changer/TV tuner controls (multi-changer capable)
- digital fiber optic output for connection to optional Clarion ProAudio EQ/DSP units (not a Toslink output)
- zero-bit detector mute
- disc titling (50 titles for player, up to 100 titles with compatible changer)
- wireless remote
- separate amplifier(s) required
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 110 dB
- FM sensitivity 11 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer Controller
- Hard face case
- RCB-130 Wireless remote
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Trim ring
- Harness with 7-amp fuse
- 1 Screw with flat washer
- 2 Removal tools
- 1 Plastic clamp
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Installation/Wire Connection Guide (English/French/Spanish)
- Warranty/Product Registration card
- Silica gel packet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Clarion ProAudio DRX9675z
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||---|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Multi-color|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year*|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year*|
|FM Sensitivity||11 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Digital Fiber-Optic Output: In addition to the three sets of RCA preamp outputs, there is one optical digital output. This output is for use with a compatible Clarion DSP unit. It is not a Toslink optical output and only works with Clarion fiber-optic cables (items 020DCA001 and 020DCA002).
Clarion CeNET EQ/DSP/Crossover Control: This unit is compatible with Clarion CeNET EQ/DSP/Crossover modules.
Clarion TV Tuner Control: The DRX9675z is capable of controlling Clarion's CeNET TV tuner.
Auxiliary Input "Ready": When used with an optional adapter (item 020EE1155B), this unit can accept input from an auxiliary source. When the aux input adapter is used, it connects to the CeNet input of this head unit; there is a second CeNet connection on the adapter, so a CeNet CD changer and an auxiliary source can be connected to the adapter.
Front and Rear 4.0-volt Preamplified Outputs: This unit is equipped with gold-plated front and rear RCA preamplified outputs.
Non-fading 4.0-volt Preamplified Outputs: This unit is equipped with one set of gold-plated, non-fading RCA preamp outputs. These outputs are typically used to feed a subwoofer amplifier. The non-fading output level is adjustable from -5 to +5.
Motorized Faceplate with 64-Color LCD: The faceplate on this unit display shifts downward and outward to insert/eject CDs. The display is a large, easy to read 64-color Dot Matrix LCD panel.
Selectable Display Angle: You may set the display to lay flat against the front of the unit or tilted at an angle for better viewing when the unit is mounted low in the dash. The angle is preset and cannot be customized.
Adjustable Display Contrast: You may set the display contrast to any of 15 levels for optimum viewing at various angles.
Adjustable Dimmer Level: This unit is equipped with a lead for connection to a vehicle's light switch. When the illumination lead receives power, the display dims to any of 5 user-selectable levels. The dimmer feature may be turned off, so no dimming takes place when the illumination lead receives power. The display brightness is not affected by the vehicle's dimmer control.
Screen Saver Display: This unit may be set to display a moon and shooting stars screen saver, a swimming dolphins screen saver, or a "Multi Mode Screen" screen saver (scrolls the system settings across the screen) instead of source information (clock, frequency, track etc.).
Spectrum Analyzer: You can choose from 7 different spectrum analyzer patterns.
"Standard" and "Professional" Modes: This unit may be used in "Standard" mode or "Professional" mode. "Standard Mode" includes graphic equalizer, listening position and DSP sound field functions. "Professional Mode" includes Space Equalizer and Parametric Equalizer functions.
Fine-adjustment of Listening Position (Standard Mode): Adjusts sound quality so that it sounds best at one of the following six positions: (1) Full-seat, (2) Front-Right, (3) Front-Left, (4) Front (5) Rear and (6) PASS.
DSP Sound Fields (Standard Mode): There are 5 preset DSP sound fields. For each sound field, you can adjust the effect level from 0% to 100%. The preset sound fields are:
- Hall: Sound of a large concert hall
- Livehouse: Sound of a live performance hall
- Club: Sound of a club with strong bass
- Jazzclub: Sound of a jazz club with a low ceiling
- Studio: Sound of a listening room in a home
Graphic Equalizer Settings (Standard Mode): This unit has a built-in 7-band equalizer. Six equalizer curves are preset into memory and may be modified. The adjustment range is +/-12dB, in 1dB steps, for the following frequencies: 50Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 3kHz, and 12kHz. The following preset curves can be recalled from memory:
- Bass Boost: Emphasizes low frequencies
- High Boost: Emphasizes medium and high frequencies
- Acoustical: Emphasizes medium frequencies (vocals)
- Impact: Emphasizes low and high frequencies
- Smooth: Reduces medium and high frequencies
- Flat: No EQ applied
Virtual Space Enhancer Settings (Professional Mode): This unit is preset with six Virtual Space Enhancer settings for the following space types: Sedan-1, Sedan-2, Wagon-1, Wagon-2, Mini Van-1, and Mini Van-2. The "DIFFUSE", "CAR WIDTH" and "CAR LENGTH" parameters may be adjusted to change the sound pressure distribution of each setting. In addition to the six presets, up to six user settings may be entered into memory.
3-band Parametric Equalizer Settings (Professional Mode): This unit is preset with six Parametric EQ settings for the following speaker system types: (1) Sedan with 2-way (component) front speakers and rear deck speakers, (2) Sedan with full-range (coaxial) front speakers and rear door speakers, (3) Wagon with 2-way front speakers and rear speakers on the sides of the luggage area, (4) Wagon with full-range (coaxial) front speakers and rear door speakers, (5) Mini Van with 2-way front speakers and rear speakers on the sides of the luggage area, and (6) Mini Van with full-range (coaxial) front speakers and "equivalent to rear door speakers". Three bands may be selected and adjusted for the front outputs, and three bands may be selected and adjusted for the rear outputs. The channel selection (front or rear), selection of center frequency (20-20kHz in 1/3 octave steps, 31 points), Q-curve setting (1, 3, 5, 7 or 20) and gain Parametric EQ settings may be adjusted. In addition to the six presets, up to six user settings may be entered into memory.
Message Display: When you turn the unit on, the display shows a message stating "Welcome". When the unit is turned off, "Good Bye!" scrolls across the display. The message display is defeatable.
Cellular Mute: Mutes audio when a cellular call is received, then restores the level once the call is over. To use this feature, you must have a cellular phone with a muting output that can be connected to the muting input wire (brown wire) of the DRX9675z.
CD Compatibility: This unit will play prerecorded CDs and finalized CD-Rs, but it will not play CD-RW discs.
CD/CD Changer/TV Titling: Titles, up to 10 characters long, can be stored and recalled from memory for radio stations, individual CD's, discs in a changer magazine, or TV stations. 50 titles may be entered for the CD mode, 30 for the Radio mode and 15 for TV tuner mode. In CD changer mode, you may enter 60 CD titles when using the CDC655z changer, 50 titles when using the CDC1255z changer, or 100 titles when using the CDC655Tz changer.
Top Play: Pressing the Top/Band button while a CD is playing will restart CD playback on the first track of the disc.
Zero-Bit Detector Mute Circuit: Mutes output when no audio signal is detected for absolute quiet between CD tracks.
CD Play/Pause: You may pause CD playback at any time without radio coming on.
Auto Reload: To protect the CD, if after 15 seconds it is not removed from the CD slot, the disc is retracted into the receiver.
Last Position Memory: Allows you to resume playback from last position, so long as the disc is not ejected.
Power Off Eject: CD's can be ejected while unit is off if power is supplied to the constant power lead.
Magi-Tune+ Tuner: Combines both AM and FM tuners into one package. Features low noise reception with high selectivity.
This unit is equipped with a CeNET control connector and can control up to a total of four changers (CD and/or MD); two changer control requires one Y-adapter (sold separately), three changer control requires two CeNET Y-adapters and four changer control requires three CeNET Y-adapters.
C-Bus Compatibility: Item 020RCB138 (sold separately) allows this "CeNET" unit to control a 6-disc "C-Bus" changer. The RCB138 adapter is for 6-disc changers only and cannot be used with "C-Bus" 12-disc changers, 18-disc changers, processors or TV tuners.
- Direct Disc Selection (for discs 1-12, using the preset buttons)
- CD Text display
- CD Title Memory and Display (number of titles that can be entered into memory depends which CD changer is used)
- Last position memory
- Track up/down
- Audible search up/down
- Top Function (restarts playback at the first track of a disc)
- Track repeat and Disc repeat
- 10-Second Scan Play (both track and disc)
- Random Play, both for one CD (w/delete) or entire magazine (w/o delete).
Dimensions: L = 4.312", W = 1.730", H = 1.161"
- Function: turns power on/off (must be held down for one second to turn unit off), and switches between radio, CD, CD/MD changer, and TV
- Band/Disc Up/Prog/Top: switches radio band, activates single CD Top Play feature, moves to next disc in CD changer, and switches TV reception band
- Volume up/down: increases and decreases volume (in all modes)
- Search </>: moves radio preset stations up/down, moves CD tracks up/down, searches CD tracks up/down (when held for 1 second or more), and moves preset TV channels up/down
- Play/pause: switches between CD play and pause
- Mute: turns the mute function on/off
- ISR: recalls ISR radio station in memory (when pressed briefly) and stores current station into ISR memory (when pressed and held for more than 2 seconds)
- Display: switches between main display, screen saver display and clock display (also switches to spectrum analyzer display when unit connected to DPH7500z module)
- Scan PS/AS: activates radio and TV preset scan mode, for single CD and changer activates track scan play, and activates disc scan play for the changer only
- Repeat/BLS: activates single disc repeat play (receiver and changer) and activates all discs repeat play (changer)
- Random/Monitor: activates single disc random play (receiver and changer), activates disc random play (changer), and switches between TV and VTR
External Amplifier(s) Required: This model does not have built-in amplification.
CeNET: This unit is equipped with Clarion's "CeNET" connection. Item 020RCB138 (sold separately) allows this "CeNET" unit to control a "C-Bus" changer. This adapter is for changers only and cannot be used with "C-Bus" processors or TV tuners.