About the Clarion ProAudio DXZ555MP
Think big! Clarion's DXZ555MP CD receiver features convenient controls that allow you to add a wide variety of Clarion components (DVD player, TV tuner, and CD changer) to your system. And if that's not enough, you also get MP3/WMA playback, two sets of preamp outputs, and an auxiliary input for your iPod (or other portable music player).
Clarion's punchy MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS x 4) will drive your speakers with authority and precision. Contour that output with the 2-band parametric equalizer and Z-Enhancer Plus' five preset tone curves. Magna Bass EX provides a nice low-end kick for fuller sound and more musical impact.
The DXZ555MP's cool, aluminum faceplate features a high-contrast negative display, along with a screen saver to extend the screen life. Flip-down CD loading means more display area for the system information you need to see. And, like all ProAudio products, the DXZ555MP comes with a two-year warranty.
Connect the optional SIRIUS satellite radio tuner for even more on-board entertainment options. SIRIUS offers more than 120 channels of top-notch entertainment for just $12.95 per month. Check out 65 channels of totally commercial-free music, which feature an incredible variety of songs from a wide range of genres. Subscribers can also take advantage of free online streaming of all SIRIUS music.
- CD receiver with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS/53 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files)
- aluminum faceplate with flip-down CD loading and high contrast display
- Z-Enhancer Plus offers five preset tone settings
- 2-band EQ
- Magna Bass EX selectable bass boost
- 18 FM/6 AM presets
- rotary encoder
- two sets of preamp outputs
- CeNET connection for adding a Clarion DVD player, CD changer, or TV tuner
- auxiliary input
- SIRIUS tuner controls (SIRIUS Radio subscription, tuner, and antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal) service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories
- wireless remote
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 100 dB
- FM sensitivity 9 dBf
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DXZ555MP
What's in the box:
- CD/MP3/WMA receiver
- Wiring harness (with in-line 15A and 3A fuses on constant power wires)
- Trim ring
- Hard plastic face case
- Wireless remote control (RCB-172)
- CR2025 Lithium battery
- 2 Hook plates (radio removal tools)
- Mounting strap
- Hex bolt with flat washer
- Face fixing screw
- Silica Gel desiccant packet
- Owner's Manual
- Installation/Wire Connection Guide
- Warranty sheet
Clarion ProAudio DXZ555MP reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Clarion ProAudio DXZ555MP
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Sirius|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||53 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||1.8 volts|
|Display Color||White on blue|
|Key Button Color||Light blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
2-Band Equalizer: The Clarion DXZ555MP features a 2-band equalizer. The gain, center frequency, and Q can be adjusted for bass and treble as follows:
- Bass Gain: -6 to +8 (adjustment is -12dB to +16dB)
- Bass Freq: 50Hz, 80Hz, or 120Hz
- Bass Q: 1, 1.25, 1.5 or 2
- Treble Gain: -6 to +6 (adjustment is +/-12dB)
- Treble Freq: 8kHz or 12khz.
Z-Enhancer Plus: The Z-Enhancer Plus function features five types of sound tone effects stored in memory. When the Z-Enhancer Plus is activated, the selected effect takes the place of the bass and treble adjustments in the Audio Mode menu. You may select from the following effects:
- Z+ Bass Boost: bass emphasized (adjustment -3 to +3)
- Z+ Impact: bass and treble emphasized (adjustment -3 to +3)
- Z+ Excite: bass and treble emphasized, mid deemphasized (adjustment -3 to +3)
- Z+ Custom: user custom (user set bass gain and treble gain values)
- Z+ Off: no sound effect (no bass and treble adjustments are available)
MP3/WMA Playback: The unit can play MP3 and WMA files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs using ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Joliet, or Romeo formats. The player can recognize up to 8 hierarchical levels, up to 255 files per folder, and up to 500 total files. Bit rates for MP3 are 8-320 kbps, plus VBR (Variable Bit Rates), and 48-192 kbps for WMA.
Sirius Satellite Radio Ready: You can enjoy Sirius Satellite Radio with the optional SIRCL or SIRCL2 Sirius tuner. A Sirius antenna and a subscription to Sirius programming are also required. You can store up to 18 stations in preset memory (6 stations in each of three preset bands).
Detachable Control Panel (DCP): The durable brushed aluminum faceplate can be manually folded down when you want to insert or eject a CD. The faceplate features an ergonomic and intuitive retractable rotary volume knob, and the Smart Control key for quickly locating songs and toggling through menus.
Display Options: You can customize the display settings to your personal tastes. The display can contain the following elements:
- Clock Display: The clock is displayed only with the ignition switch on. If the ignition is on, but the receiver is off, you can turn the clock display on or off with the display button. The clock is displayed in a 12-hour format.
- Screen Saver: Thirty seconds after a button is pressed, the screen saver will activate, displaying a series of moving dashes and zeroes, or a message of your choice of up to 30 characters. It can be deactivated at any time.
- Dimmer Level/Contrast: You can turn the dimmer function on or off, plus set the contrast level (1 to 8). Note: The dimmer function requires the orange/white illumination wire to be connected to the vehicle's headlight switch.
Magna Bass EX (Extend): The Magna Bass EX feature provides an extra boost of bass when activated. Unlike conventional loudness features which boost the low frequency range at around 100Hz, the Magna Bass EX boosts the low- and center-range frequencies of about 50Hz. By focusing on the lower frequencies, the added bass impact won't distort or muffle the high frequencies.
Auxiliary Input: This unit features a rear mounted, stereo RCA auxiliary input on a 4" pigtail. The sensitivity of the input can be set (low, mid, or high) to match the output of the auxiliary source to the other sources.
Amp Canceller: If you choose to connect the receiver to external amplifiers, you can turn off the built-in amplifier for better sound quality.
CD/TV/Radio Titles: Titles of up to 10 characters long can be stored in memory and displayed for CD, CD changer, Radio and TV stations. You can enter up to 50 CD titles (for built-in CD player), 30 radio station titles, 20 TV station titles (if optional TTX7501z TV tuner is connected), 100 CD titles (if optional DCZ625 or CDC655Tz CD changers are connected) and 50 CD titles (if optional CDC1255Tz CD changer is connected).
Top Function: During CD playback, the Top function resets the CD player to the first track of the disc. If an MP3/WMA disc is playing, the top function resets the player to the first track of the currently playing folder.
Auto Reload: When a CD is ejected and left sticking out of the CD slot for 15 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Instant Station Recall (ISR): You can store one radio station in Instant Station Recall (ISR) memory and recall it from any mode (except Power Off). Once the ISR station has been recalled, you cannot tune to another station without first disengaging the ISR function. You can, however, switch to another source.
Wireless Remote: The DXZ555MP is equipped with the RCB-172 infrared wireless remote control. Dimensions: L=4.452", W=1.723", D=0.491".
CeNET CD Changer Controls: This unit is equipped with a CeNET control connector and can control up to a total of two CeNET changers (CD and/or MD). Two changer control requires a Y-adapter (sold separately). The following operations are the same as for built-in CD mode: Pause, Track Selection, Fast-forward/Fast-backward, Scan Play, Repeat Play, and Random Play.
CeNET TV Controls: The DXZ555MP can control the optional TTX7501z TV tuner (item # 020TTX7501). The following operations are the same as for the radio tuner: Channel Selection, Storing channels in memory, Calling channels from memory, Auto store, and Preset Scan.
iPod Interface: With the optional EA1251B CeNET iPod interface, you can connect your Apple iPod to this receiver. Not only will you be able to control and listen to music from your iPod, the easy-to-use interface also powers and charges your portable music player. Note: This interface works with 3rd generation and newer iPods.