About the Clarion ProAudio DXZ655MP
If you want a car receiver that will support your every audio/video whim, then take a long look at Clarion's ProAudio DXZ655MP. Not only does this CD/MP3/WMA receiver boast some impressive performance features, it comes packed with the external connections and sound controls you need to build a truly outstanding mobile audio system.
If you're running multiple subs or component speakers, your external amplifiers will love the ultra-clean signal they'll get from the three sets of preamp outputs. Use the auxiliary input to add an iPod or other external source to your entertainment arsenal. You also get a CeNET connection that can control a Clarion CD changer, DVD player, or TV tuner for the ultimate in expandability!
The DXZ655MP, with its motorized, flip-down design and striking aluminum faceplate, delivers a pretty cool look, too. The high-contrast display is easy to see, day or night, and gives you 728 choices for the background color.
Your music will sound awesome, thanks to the strong internal amp (18 watts RMS x 4). Clarion's ADF Compressed Audio Enhancer will dig into your MP3 and WMA files for more lifelike sound, while the 2-band equalizer offers hands-on control of all your audio output.
Want to supercharge your mobile audio experience? Connect the optional SIRIUS satellite radio tuner and add more than 120 channels of top-notch entertainment from commercial-free music, to news, talk, sports, and more for just $12.95 per month. (Tuner, satellite antenna, and SIRIUS service subscription required.)
- CD receiver with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS/53 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files)
- Z-Enhancer Plus offers four preset tone settings and a 2-band parametric EQ
- motorized, detachable faceplate that slopes down for CD loading
- full-dot high contrast display with 728 variable colors
- Magna Bass EX selectable bass boost
- 18 FM/6 AM presets
- rotary encoder
- three sets of preamp outputs
- CeNET connection controls for adding a Clarion DVD player, CD changer, or TV tuner
- built-in low-pass filter allows you to select exactly which freqencies to send to your subs
- SIRIUS tuner controls (SIRIUS Radio subscription, tuner, and antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal) service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories
- auxiliary input
- wireless remote
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 100 dB
- FM sensitivity 9 dBf
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DXZ655MP
What's in the box:
- CD/MP3/WMA receiver
- Wiring harness (with in-line 15A and 3A fuses on constant power wires)
- Trim ring
- Hard plastic face case
- Wireless remote control (RCB-172)
- CR2025 Lithium battery
- 2 Hook plates (radio removal tools)
- Mounting strap
- Hex bolt with flat washer
- Face fixing screw
- Silica Gel desiccant packet
- Owner's Manual
- Installation/Wire Connection Guide
- Warranty sheet
Clarion ProAudio DXZ655MP reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Clarion ProAudio DXZ655MP
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Sirius|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||53 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||1.8 volts|
|Display Color||728 colors|
|Key Button Color||728 variable colors|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
MP3/WMA Playback: The unit can play MP3 and WMA files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs using ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Joliet, or Romeo formats. The player can recognize up to 8 hierarchical levels, up to 255 files per folder, and up to 500 total files. Bit rates for MP3 are 8-320 kbps, plus VBR (Variable Bit Rates), and 48-192 kbps for WMA.
Sirius Satellite Radio Ready: You can enjoy Sirius Satellite Radio with the optional SIRCL or SIRCL2 Sirius tuner. A Sirius antenna and a subscription to Sirius programming are also required. You can store up to 18 stations in preset memory (6 stations in each of three preset bands).
Motorized Detachable Control Panel (DCP): The durable brushed aluminum faceplate is motorized to automatically slide down when you want to insert or eject a CD. The faceplate features an ergonomic and intuitive retractable rotary volume knob, and the Smart Control key for quickly locating songs and toggling through menus.
Variable Color Display/Button Illumination: You can select from up to 728 colors for the display and button illumination. There are 12 presets and 3 user colors: Indigo Blue, Surf Blue, Silky White, Aqua Green, Fresh Green, Leaf Green, Warm Amber, Passion Red, Vivid Pink, Pale Pink, Dark Violet, and Pure Purple, plus Color Scan (constant scanning of all available colors) and User Colors 1, 2, and 3. You can set the user colors by choosing a value between 0 and 8 of Red, Green, and Blue, and saving to a memory preset. Note: When the power and constant wires are connected and the illumination wire is supplied with voltage (when you turn your lights on), the button illumination remains on even if the unit is turned off completely.
Display Options: You can customize the display settings to your personal tastes. The display can contain the following elements:
- Clock Display: The clock is displayed only with the ignition switch on. If the ignition is on, but the receiver is off, you can turn the clock display on or off with the display button. The clock is displayed in a 12-hour format.
- Spectrum Analyzer: You can
set the spectrum analyzer display as follows:
- Pattern: Choose from four spectrum analyzer patterns or a source icon
- Sensitivity: Set the sensitivity of the spectrum analyzer to low, mid, or high
- Speed: Set the speed of the spectrum analyzer to low, mid, or high
- Screen Saver: The screen
saver allows you to show one of three patterns (race cars, traffic, or
musical instruments), a customizable message, or a random display of the
patterns and message.
- Message Information: A message of up to 30 characters can be stored in memory. If the unit is set to scroll the message, the scrolling speed can be set to one of six levels.
- Dimmer Level/Contrast: For best visibility, you can set the dimmer level (1-5 or off), and contrast level (01 to 16). Note: The dimmer function requires the orange/white illumination wire to be connected to the vehicle's headlight switch.
2-Band Equalizer: The gain, center frequency, and Q can be adjusted for bass and treble as follows:
- Bass gain: -6 to +8 (adjustment is -12dB to +16dB)
- Bass Freq: 50Hz, 80Hz, or 120Hz
- Bass Q: 1, 1.25, 1.5 or 2
- Treble gain: -6 to +6 (adjustment is +/-12dB)
- Treble Freq: 8kHz or 12khz.
Z-Enhancer Plus: The Z-Enhancer Plus function features five types of sound tone effects stored in memory. When the Z-Enhancer Plus is activated, the selected effect takes the place of the bass and treble adjustments in the Audio Mode menu. You may select from the following effects:
- Z+ Bass Boost: bass emphasized (adjustment -3 to +3)
- Z+ Impact: bass and treble emphasized (adjustment -3 to +3)
- Z+ Excite: bass and treble emphasized, mid deemphasized (adjustment -3 to +3)
- Z+ Custom: user custom (user set bass gain and treble gain values)
- Z+ Off: no sound effect (no bass and treble adjustments are available)
Magna Bass EX (Extend): The Magna Bass EX feature provides an extra boost of bass when activated. Unlike conventional loudness features which boost the low frequency range at around 100Hz, the Magna Bass EX boosts the low- and center-range frequencies of about 50Hz. By focusing on the lower frequencies, the added bass impact won't distort or muffle the high frequencies.
Subwoofer Output: The DXZ655MP is equipped with a non-fading subwoofer preamp output with an adjustable low pass filter and an independent volume control. You can set the low pass filter to 50Hz, 80Hz or 120Hz, and adjust the subwoofer volume from -6 to +6.
Auxiliary Input: This unit features a rear mounted, stereo RCA auxiliary input on a 4" pigtail. The sensitivity of the input can be set (low, mid, or high) to match the output of the auxiliary source to the other sources.
Amp Canceller: If you choose to connect the receiver to external amplifiers, you can turn off the built-in amplifier for better sound quality.
CD/TV/Radio Titles: Titles of up to 10 characters long can be stored in memory and displayed for CD, CD changer, Radio and TV stations. You can enter up to 50 CD titles (for built-in CD player), 30 radio station titles, 20 TV station titles (if optional TTX7501z TV tuner is connected), and 100 CD titles (if optional DCZ625 or CDC655Tz CD changers are connected).
Top Function: During CD playback, the Top function resets the CD player to the first track of the disc. If an MP3/WMA disc is playing, the top function resets the player to the first track of the currently playing folder.
Auto Reload: When a CD is ejected and left sticking out of the CD slot for 15 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Instant Station Recall (ISR): You can store one radio station in Instant Station Recall (ISR) memory and recall it from any mode (except Power Off). Once the ISR station has been recalled, you cannot tune to another station without first disengaging the ISR function. You can, however, switch to another source.
Wireless Remote: The DXZ655MP is equipped with the RCB-172 infrared wireless remote control. Dimensions: L=4.452", W=1.723", D=0.491".
CeNET CD Changer Controls: This unit is equipped with a CeNET control connector and can control up to a total of two CeNET changers (CD and/or MD). Two changer control requires a Y-adapter (sold separately). The following operations are the same as for built-in CD mode: Pause, Track Selection, Fast-forward/Fast-backward, Scan Play, Repeat Play, and Random Play.
CeNET TV Controls: The DXZ655MP can control the optional TTX7501z TV tuner (item # 020TTX7501). The following operations are the same as for the radio tuner: Channel Selection, Storing channels in memory, Calling channels from memory, Auto store, and Preset Scan.
iPod Interface: With the optional EA1251B CeNET iPod interface, you can connect your Apple iPod to this receiver. Not only will you be able to control and listen to music from your iPod, the easy-to-use interface also powers and charges your portable music player. Note: This interface works with 3rd generation and newer iPods.
The Clarion ProAudio DXZ655MP replaces these items