About the Clarion DXZ775USB
Enjoy a carousel of color with Clarion's DXZ775USB CD receiver. The motorized face's display and buttons offer 728 different color choices for a perfect match with your dash, and you can read track information at a glance on the finely detailed display.
The built-in amplifier supplies ample doses of power to your speakers, with a special Sound Restorer circuit that adds life to your compressed music files. Tailor the sound to your liking with the three preset tone curves and 2-band parametric equalizer. Into serious sonic tweaking? The time alignment feature lets you adjust speaker output to optimize your listening "sweet spot."
If your music library is loaded in your iPod®, take it along for the ride with the optional iPod adapter it lets you control your player from the receiver while song info displays on the face. The DXZ775USB also offers a USB input for thumb drives or many other USB devices, plus an auxiliary input and a connection for a Clarion satellite radio or CD changer.
You can even talk hands-free with your Bluetooth® enabled phone by connecting the optional Bluetooth adapter. Want to build the powered system of your dreams? Clarion's with you on that the three sets of 6-volt preamp outputs deliver a clean and powerful signal to your external amps or powered sub.
- CD receiver with built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS/53 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files except rights-protected files)
- motorized detachable face with 2-line full-dot LCD display
- 728 variable color choices for display and buttons
- wireless remote
- digital Z-Enhancer EQ with three preset tone settings and 2-band parametric equalizer
- Sound Restorer for use with compressed music files
- Multi Bit digital-to-analog converter
- time-alignment control
- high- and low-pass filters
- subwoofer level control
- compatible with Clarion Bluetooth adapter
- compatible with Clarion iPod adapter
- satellite radio-ready (tuner, antenna, and XM or SIRIUS service subscription required)
- USB input
- auxiliary input
- CD changer controls
- three sets of 5.8-volt preamp outputs
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- CD/MP3/WMA/AAC/USB receiver
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness (with in-line 15A fuse on constant power wire)
- Preamp Output and Auxiliary input harness
- RCB-176 Remote control
- CR2025 Lithium battery
- Hard plastic face case
- 2 Hook plates (radio removal tools)
- Hex bolt with flat washer
- Metal backstrap
- 8 RCA rubber endcaps
- Owner's Manual (English/Spanish/French)
- Installation/Wire Connection Guide (English/Spanish/French)
- Warranty sheet
- Product Registration information sheet
Clarion DXZ775USB reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Clarion DXZ775USB
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||20 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||53 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||5.8 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
CEA-2006 Compliant MOS-FET Amplifier: The Clarion DXZ775USB MOS-FET amplifier section is rated at 20 Watts RMS x 4 channels in 4 ohms at 1% THD+N with a 84 dBA signal-to-noise ratio.
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: The unit can play MP3, WMA and AAC files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs using ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Joliet, Romeo or APPLE ISO formats. The player can recognize up to 8 hierarchical levels, up to 255 files per folder, and up to 510 total files. Bit rates for MP3 are 8-320 kbps, plus VBR (Variable Bit Rates). Bit rates for WMA are 48-192 kbps. Bit rates for AAC are 8-320 kbps, plus VBR. This unit is compatible with, and will display MP3 and WMA ID3 tags.
Note: Copy-protected WMA/AAC files cannot be played on this unit.
SlideTrak: SlideTrak provides precise control of the key features on the head unit. With a simple swipe of your fingertip, you can easily adjust the volume level up or down. In addition, SlideTrak maximizes the available space on the head unit's face to create a large easy to read display. By incorporating the radio presets and CD track controls into one multi-functional display you can slide the display to either side to navigate through your radio presets or select your favorite music tracks.
Motorized Sloping Control Panel with 728 Color LCD Display: The DXZ775USB features a motorized control panel. The unit's motorized control panel slopes down electronically to allow you to load or eject your CDs. Once a CD is loaded the control panel automatically returns to its normal position and begins play of your CD.
728 Color LCD Display: It's high contrast, 728-color LCD design lets you fine-tune the look of your source unit. You can choose from 12 different color presets, let the LCD display morph through the entire color spectrum, or fine tune the Red, Green and Blue levels to match your vehicle's dash lights perfectly. The illuminated buttons change along with the display. Below are the following color settings you can choose from.
- Preset Colors: Indigo Blue, Surf Blue, Silky White, Aqua Green, Fresh Green, Leaf Green, Warm Amber, Passion Red, Vivid Pink, Pale Pink Dark Violet, or Pure Purple
- User Colors: User Color 1, User Color 2, or User Color 3 can be adjusted from 0-8 fo Red, Green and Blue levels
- Color Scan: scans through all presets colors and user colors in 3 second intervals
Display Contrast: You can adjust the display contrast to match the angle of the installation of the unit. The adjustment level ranges from 1 to 16.
Anti-Theft Indicator: The red Anti-theft indicator is a function for preventing theft. When the detachable control panel is removed from the unit this indicator blinks. You can turn this function on or off. The unit comes with a hard plastic face-case to provide protection for the detachable control panel.
Screen Saver: This unit features a screen saver function which allows you to show various kinds of patterns and characters in the operation status indication area of the display in a random order. You can turn this function on or off. Messages up to 30 character long can be stored in memory and displayed as a type of screen saver.
CD-Text, MP3/WMA/AAC Title: With the ability to display text characters as well as numbers, you can see the name or number of the track that is playing. The unit has the ability to read CD-text and ID3 tag information. You can choose for the text information to scroll continuously or only once. You can also adjust the speed of the text scroll from 1 to 6.
Title Text: In addition to CD Text and ID3 tag capability, you can enter titles up to 10 characters long into the unit's memory and have them displayed on the on the screen for CD, CD Changer, Radio stations and TV stations. The number of titles that can be entered for each mode are as follows.
- CD Mode: 50 titles
- TV Mode: 20 titles
- Radio Mode: 30 titles
- CD changer Mode: 100 titles
Preamp Output/Aux/Remote Input Harness: The DXZ775USB features a detachable Preamp Output/Aux/Remote Harness. The 8" harness features the following inputs and outputs.
- Front Preamp Out: fading stereo RCA pair (grey dual cable)
- Rear Preamp Out: fading stereo RCA pair (black dual cable)
- Sub Preamp Out: non-fading stereo RCA pair (violet dual cable)
- AUX Input: stereo RCA auxiliary input for non-USB controllable devices (red dual cable)
- OEM Steering Wheel Remote Control Input: 3.5mm mini-jack input for OEM steering wheel remote control capability (black single cable)
24-Bit DAC with Noise Shaper: Clarion has outfitted this source unit with their new 24-Bit DAC with Noise Shaper for pure, detailed sonic reproduction. This new 24-Bit DAC combined with 128x over-sampling offers incredible high frequency detail and high level S/N ratios.
Speaker System: When the unit is turned on for the first time, it allows you to select a speaker system that meets your car stereo application. You can choose between the following 3 modes.
- Normal: select this mode when your speaker application consists of a pair of front speaker, a pair of rear speakers and a pair of subwoofers
- 3-Way: select this mode when your speaker configuration consists of a pair of tweeters in the front, a pair of front speakers and a pair of subwoofers
- 2-Way: select this mode when your speaker setup consists of pair of tweeters in the front, a pair of front speakers and a pair of rear speakers
P.EQ Setting: Once you have selected your speaker system, you can use the P.EQ to further enhance your vehicle's audio system. The 3-band Parametric Equalizer allows you to compensate the entire frequency level range in detail by smoothing out the curve using frequency compensation matched to the type of car you own. You can select from the following preset vehicle types when in Normal mode:
- Sedan-1: speakers mounted in front door and rear deck
- Sedan-2: speakers mounted in front and rear doors
- Mini Van-1: speakers mounted in front door and in rear cargo area
- Mini Van-2: speakers mounted in front and rear doors
- Wagon: speakers mounted in front door and rear cargo area
- User: the user mode
allows you to select the frequency, gain and Q independently for
3-different frequency bands for the
Front and Rear speakers.
- Frequency: select between 20Hz to 20kHz
- Gain: select between -12dB to +12dB
- Q: select between 1, 3, 5, 7, or 20 Q-factor
Note: The User mode can be adjusted in Normal, 2-Way or 3-Way Speaker System Mode.
Time Alignment: The DXZ775USB offers Time Alignment control to let you put yourself center stage when you are in the driver's seat. The distance from the listener to each speaker can be entered in 2.3 cm steps from 0 to 501.4cm which in turn adjusts the time that the sound reaches the listener from each speaker. You can choose from the following settings to adjust to give you full control over your car system's soundstage depending on the Speaker System you are using:
- Front-L: front left speaker
- Front-R: front right speaker
- Rear-L: rear left speaker
- Rear-R: rear right speaker
- Sub-W L: left rear subwoofer
- Sub-W R: right rear subwoofer
- High-L: left front tweeter
- High-R: right front tweeter
- Mid-L: left front midbass
- Mid-R: right front midbass
- Sub-W L: left subwoofer
- Sub-W R: right subwoofer
- High-L: left front tweeter
- High-R: right front tweeter
- Mid-L: left front midbass
- Mid-R: right front midbass
- Rear-L: rear left speaker
- Rear-R: rear right speaker
Speaker Gain: This function allows you to adjust the speaker output level of each individual speaker. Adjust this setting so that the volumes that are output from each speaker are well-balanced with each other. You can adjust the speaker gain from -20db to 0.
Digital Z-Enhancer: This units provides 4 types of digital sound tone effects stored in its memory. You can choose from the following Digital Z-Enhancer presets.
- DZE 1: suitable for genuine speakers (factory)
- DZE 2: suitable for separate speakers (components)
- DZE 3: suitable for co-axial speakers (aftermarket coaxials)
- DZE Off: no sound effect'
Amp Canceller: If you choose to connect the receiver to external amplifiers, you can turn off the built-in amplifier for better sound quality.
Sound Restorer: The Sound Restorer enriches the playback off all types of music files that have undergone any level of data compression. Clarion's exclusive "Sound Restorer" processing recreates the subtle nuances and harmonics back into your MP3, WMA or AAC recordings that were lost during compression giving you original CD like sound quality when listening to compressed formats. Now, your compressed music files won't sound like compressed music. You can choose from the following Sound Restorer settings - off, 1, 2, or 3.
Bass and Treble: When not using the DZ-Enhancer you can adjust the Bass and Treble independently. You can adjust both from -6 to +6 (+/-12dB).
High Pass Filter: The DXZ775USB features a High Pass Filter that can be set to either 50Hz, 80Hz, 125Hz or "Through". The "Through" setting allows for full-range operation while the other settings only allow frequencies above the selected frequency to reach your speakers.
Low Pass Filter: The CD player also features a low pass filter for the subwoofer preamp output. You can select between "Through", 50Hz, 80Hz or 125Hz. If you select "Through" then your external amplifier's built-in low pass crossover will do all the filtering.
Subwoofer Output Level: You can set the Subwoofer Output level to either Stereo or Mono and adjust the dedicated subwoofer preamp output level from -6 to +6 dB.
AUX Function: This unit has a rear panel, external RCA input so you can listen to sounds and music from an external audio device. You can select a sensitivity level for the Aux input based on the output level of the external device. You can choose from Low, Mid or High.
Auto Store: Auto Store is a function for automatically storing up to 6 stations in sequential order in the provided preset bands. The receiver features 3 FM bands and 1 AM band; giving you a total of 18 FM bands and 6 AM bands.
Preset Scan: Preset Scan plays the stations stored in the preset memory momentarily. This function is useful when searching or a desired station in memory.
Instant Station Recall (ISR): You can store one radio station in Instant Station Recall (ISR) memory and recall it from any mode (except Power Off). Once the ISR station has been recalled, you cannot tune to another station without first disengaging the ISR function. You can, however, switch to another source.
Disc-In-Play-Function: This feature allows you to turn the power to the unit "on" and start playing the disc automatically when the disc is inserted even if the unit is not powered up, as long as the ignition key is turned to the "on" or "acc" position.
Auto Reload: When a CD is ejected and left sticking out of the CD slot for 15 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Backup Eject: The Backup Eject feature allows you to eject a disc even if the power to the unit is turned off.
Top Function: During CD playback, the Top function resets the CD player to the first track of the disc. If an MP3/WMA/AAC disc is playing, the top function resets the player to the first track of the currently playing folder.
Last Position Memory: If you turn off the unit while a disc is playing, it will resume playback at the stopping point when it is turned on again.
Illumination Dimmer: The receiver's display automatically dims to one of 4 preset brightness when the vehicle's headlights are turned on. You can select from off, Low, Mid, or High. The wiring harness includes an orange/white lead which should be connected to the vehicle's parking light circuit in order for the dimmer feature to operate.
Mounting: You can install the unit within 30-degrees of horizontal. When ISO-DIN mounting, you will need to use your vehicle radio's original factory ISO screws.
Wireless Remote: The DXZ775USB is equipped with the RCB-176 infrared wireless remote control. Dimensions: L = 4.461", W = 1.718", D = 0.494".
OEM Remote Ready: The unit also features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit to allow you to keep your vehicle's radio steering wheel remote controls and/or rear seat radio controls when used with the optional SWI-JACK interface adapter (item number 127SWIJACK, sold separately). The SWI-JACK is compatible with over 95% of the vehicles made from 1986 to the present. Compatible vehicles include many Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Harley Davidson, Honda, Hummer, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Scion, Suzuki, Toyota, and Volkswagen vehicles. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Cell Phone Interrupt: If you connect this unit to your vehicle's cellular phone with a separately sold hands-free kit supporting AUX input, you can either listen to your telephone calls on your car speakers or have your car's audio system automatically muted when a phone call comes in.
Rear Panel USB Input: This unit integrates a convenient Rear-panel USB type-A port for connection of USB version 1.1/2.0 compatible portable audio players or thumb drives designated as USB Mass Storage Devices. The USB port is attached to a 42" cord which allows for placement versatility during installation. The USB input allows you to access up to 65,000 songs from a single USB device supporting data transfer rates of 12 Mbps and gives you the capability to view ID3 tag information. The USB input will support MP3, WMA and AAC files.
iPod Ready: The DXZ775USB is compatible with Clarion's EA1276 CeNET iPod interface adapter (item number 020EA1276B, sold separately) which allows the unit to simulate the iPod features and functionality. The head unit will be able to display Playlists, Artists, Albums, Songs, Genres, and Composers during playback. The interface will even charge your iPod as long as it is connected and the vehicle is either on or the key switch is turned to accessory
Bluetooth Ready: The DXZ775USB is compatible with Clarion's BLT370 Bluetooth system via its rear panel stereo RCA Aux inputs. The BLT370 gives you hands-free communication from your compatible Bluetooth cellular phone and wireless streaming audio from any Bluetooth compatible portable audio device.
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver to this receiver:
- XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional CNP2000UC XM Mini Tuner (item number 220CNP20UC) and the Clarion CNP-CLA1 adapter cable (package item number 700XMCLA1).
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio: To receive SIRIUS Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional SC-C1 SiriusConnect Universal Vehicle Tuner and the Clarion CLA-SC1 Ce-NET SIRIUS Satellite Radio interface (package item number 700SIRCLAR).
- Auxiliary Input: A portable satellite radio receiver, such as the Delphi SkyFi3 or SIRIUS Sportster, can be connected to the head unit via an auxiliary input.
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.
CeNET TV Controls: The DXZ775USB can control the optional TTX7501z TV tuner (item number 020TTX7501). The following operations are the same as for the radio tuner: Channel Selection, Storing channels in memory, Calling channels from memory, Auto store, and Preset Scan.
CeNET CD Changer Controls: This unit is equipped with a CeNET control connector and can control up to a total of two CeNET changers (CD and/or MD). Two changer control requires a Y-adapter (item number 020CCA519, sold separately). The following operations are the same as for built-in CD mode: Pause, Track Selection, Fast-forward/Fast-backward, Scan Play, Repeat Play, and Random Play.