About the Clarion Camouflage Custom Subwoofer Enclosures
Here's a great way to add the punch of solid bass to the factory stereo in your 1993-2002 Ford Ranger truck at an amazing closeout price! Clarion's quick-connect OEM-to-OEM harnesses (free, while supplies last see the Note below) give you a fast and convenient way to hook up a Camouflage amplified sub to work with virtually any Ford source unit. (Harnesses are not available for factory premium sound systems.)
Or, if you've already upgraded to a high-powered aftermarket head unit, you can hook up to your radio using the harness that's included with your Camouflage subwoofer. Either way, you'll be relishing fine bass without a difficult installation, complicated wire splicing, or unnecessary overhaul of your existing system!
The Camouflage series is designed for integration with your Ranger's interior color scheme, so it's a great solution to the problem of a shortage of bass in a leased vehicle. It houses a specially-designed Clarion subwoofer to extend your low frequencies and fill your music with an extra measure of realism and impact.
Each enclosure contains an 8" special-design Clarion subwoofer and a built-in digital amp (40 watts RMS, 100 watts peak) that works with both RCA or speaker-level inputs. Digital amps are efficient, so the power goes to your music instead of turning into unwanted heat. A gain control feature allows you to match sensitivity to the output levels of your existing system.
Location: This enclosure mounts behind the driver's seat.
Important Note: You'll find the harness that connects the Clarion Camouflage sub to your factory radio under "Accessories." You must add the appropriate harness to your order, if you want us to include it FREE with your Camouflage subwoofer! Please enter your vehicle information so we can confirm compatibility with your vehicle. (Ford Owners: the #020FCSOE harness is for 1993-97 vehicles, the #020FCS1OE harness for 1998-and up vehicles.)
What's in the box:
- Dark gray amplified enclosure with pre-installed 8" subwoofer
- 15.5' Extension wiring harness with 7.5-amp in-line fuse
- 7.5" Hardwire harness
- 2 Metal L-shaped mounting brackets
- Four 3/4" pilot point screws
- Four 1" self-tapping screws
- One 1/2" ground screw
- 1 Star washer
- Product Registration/Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Clarion Camouflage Custom Subwoofer Enclosures
Note: The provided dimensions are taken at the widest points of the enclosure. Keep in mind that these enclosures are custom made to fit in a particular vehicle, so the enclosure will fit properly in only one specific location.
Mounting Location: This enclosure mounts behind the driver's seat on the transmission hump in 1993-2002 Ford Ranger regular cab trucks. The woofer is front-firing.
Connections: There are two ways to connect this powered subwoofer to your vehicle. Using the supplied hardwire harness, you can hardwire the subwoofer to your vehicle's factory wiring, or, you can use an optional T-harness if one is available for your vehicle.
Compatibility with T-Harnesses: Clarion manufactures T-Harnesses that plug into the factory radio harness of select vehicles. This allows you to maintain the integrity of the vehicle wiring. Note: For each specific vehicle, please verify T-harness compatibility with the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector or speak with a Crutchfield Product Advisor.
Class D Amplifier: The enclosure contains a built-in 40 watts RMS, 100 watts peak, Class D (digital) amplifier that allows RCA or speaker-level input. The amplifier is highly efficient and designed specifically for use with the subwoofer in the enclosure.
Woofer: The enclosure comes with an installed 2-ohm, 8" woofer:
- Design: The woofer is custom-designed to compliment the efficiency of the Class D amplifier to deliver deep, low bass.
- Materials: The polypropylene woofer cone gives you superior strength and lower distortion.
- Surround: For a smoother response and improved durability, the woofer uses a rubber surround.
- Design: The acoustic suspension design gives you tighter, more accurate bass.
- Materials: The rigid poly enclosure resists flexing and dampens resonance.
Crossover: This unit includes a 75Hz, 18dB per octave low pass crossover, so the woofer will receive only the frequencies it was made to reproduce.
- Harness Input: 8-pin male plug for use with supplied extension wiring harness. The harness makes power, ground, remote turn-on, and left and right speaker connections.
- Preamp-Level Inputs: Left and right RCA pre-amp inputs.
- Gain control: Rotary control allows you to adjust the gain of the built-in amplifier.