About the Clarion FZ105BT
Impressive performance at a reasonable price
Impressive performance at a reasonable price
Clarion's FZ105BT digital media receiver lets you enjoy all of your music, plus the convenience of hands-free calling and music streaming. With built-in Bluetooth®, front USB and AUX inputs, and a sleek, smart display, this receiver is a great way to upgrade your car's audio capabilities without breaking the bank.
Hands-free calls and music streaming
This receiver's Bluetooth interface supports hands-free operation, so you can listen to calls through the car's audio system and talk through the embedded microphone. You can also listen to music streamed from any smartphone, or connect your iPhone® using the front USB port.
Removable faceplate and case
Enjoy your digital library your way
Your phone won't be your only entertainment source, though. You can liven up your drive by plugging in a thumb drive or SD card, or by jacking another device into the front-panel aux input. The FZ105BT plays MP3 and WMA files, so you'll be able to enjoy your entire music library.
The single-line LCD display provides a clear view of numbers and characters in all lighting conditions, so you'll know the time or the tune that's playing in just a glance.
If you want to maximize (or customize) your sound, the Beat EQ offers 11 presets, plus adjustable bass, midrange, and treble controls that let you tune any track to your own personal tastes.
Start a whole new system
If you're planning to expand your car audio system in the future, the FZ105BT offers three sets of RCA audio outputs that make it a lot easier to add and control external power amplifiers.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Note: This digital media receiver will not play CDs.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/45 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- built-in microphone
- plays MP3 and WMA music files
- removable theft-deterrent faceplate with red illumination
- single-line LCD display is easy to read in all lighting conditions
- remote control
- control music from your iPhone using USB connection
- 3-band EQ with 11 presets
- low-pass filter
- inputs: front USB port, front AUX input, front SD card slot (behind face)
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, sub)
Other Features and Specs:
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (15A fuse)
- Face (inside face case)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V battery
- Plastic face case
- Motorola antenna connector
- 2 Removal tools
- 2 Flat washers
- Lock washer
- Self-tapping screw
- Owners/Installation Manual
- Warranty Card
Clarion FZ105BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Clarion FZ105BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD/SDHC|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Red|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||12 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
Bluetooth Technology: The Clarion FZ105BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (ver. 2.0+EDR) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Clarion FZ105BT. Visit Clarion's Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Pairing: Pairing your device requires entering a 4 digit code. When a paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can only pair one device at a time to this unit.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The Clarion FZ105BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. The FZ105BT can be set to automatically answer your incoming calls and mute any music audio to your vehicle's speakers so you can instantly carry on a phone conversation hands-free. An integrated front-panel microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's number will display on the front-panel LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls.
- Making A Call: You will continue to use your mobile phone to make a call. Once you have made a call from your paired phone, the conversation will automatically transfer to the head unit. There is a Redial feature, which allows you to dial the last number you called by pressing a specific button on the unit's front-panel.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Navigation): The Clarion FZ105BT supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player, plus song/artist information display. You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the Clarion FZ105BT for playback. The head unit will display your stored music and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (not compatible with all apps). In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip), the FZ105BT lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. (AVRCP 1.4+ phones only).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Clarion FZ105BT features a front panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-up cover. The USB port enables connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device - like a USB thumbdrive (up to 32GB) or portable digital audio player. The unit supports playback of MP3 & WMA music files stored on a compatible USB memory device. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital media receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: This head unit's USB port does not support connection of Android OS devices.
SD-Card Slot: The Clarion FZ105BT is equipped with a front-panel SD-card slot located behind the head unit's detachable face plate. The SD-card slot enables playback of MP3 & WMA music files stored on a SD or SDHC memory card (up to 32GB). The face plate must be detached to insert or eject an SD/SDHC memory card.
Compatible Music Files: The Clarion FZ105BT supports the following types of MP3 & WMA files stored on a USB mass storage class device or SD/SDHC memory card.
|Media Type||USB MSC||SD/SDHC|
|File System||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||
MP3: bit rate of 8-320
kbps w/ sampling rate of 32-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32-48kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||99 folders/5,000 total files|
|Tags||ID3 tag, WMA tag|
Playback & Search Functions: The FZ105BT provides a variety of playback & search functions that help find your music easier and allow you to enjoy your music even more.
- Top Function: The Top Function resets the head unit to the first track of a USB MSC device or SD/SDHC memory card.
- Folder/File Select: This function allows you to select a folder containing MP3/WMA files and start playing from the first track in the folder.
- Scan Play: This function scans all tracks of a USB device or SD/SDHC memory card.
- Repeat Play: This function allows you playback a file currently being played in a MP3/WMA folder repeatedly.
- Random Play: This function allows you to play all tracks in a folder in a random order.
- Last Position Memory: If you turn off the unit while a SD card or USB device is playing, it will resume playback at the stopping point when it is turned on again.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: The Clarion FZ105BT's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your Lightning-connector or 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. Simply use the cable that came with your iPod/iPhone device or other Apple certified cable (sold separately). The FZ105BT supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music and music apps to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter. The Clarion head unit supports audio playback of stored music, music apps, and podcasts on your iPod or iPhone.
- Music Control: The Clarion head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, or Podcast. You can search these categories alphabetically. The head unit also supports Repeat (file/all) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen while connected in order to access other applications; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Song/Artist Info: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, and Artist/Artist name. The head unit will also display song/artist information from select music apps.
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Clarion FZ105BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 1/27/2016):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Audio||Phone|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Front-Panel Aux Input: The FZ105BT feature a front panel 3.5mm auxiliary input so you connect your external portable audio player or portable satellite radio receiver to this head unit.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Clarion FZ105BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the FZ105BT are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 45 watts x 4 channels (180 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the FZ105BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/6Ch RCA Output + Sub Control: The Clarion FZ105BT features 2V/6Ch RCA line-level outputs (Front, Rear, & Sub). The head unit's front & rear outputs are fading, while the sub output is non-fading. The unit's sub output offers a low-pass filter and level control (0-12). The low-pass filter can be set to 80Hz, 120Hz, or 160Hz.
BeatEQ w/ XBS: You can choose from 11 EQ presets - Flat, Jazz, Pop, Classic, Rock, News, Urban, Rave, Movie, Techno, or User. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's Bass, Midrange, & Treble from -7 to +7. The unit's X-BASS feature is a bass booster to enhance the unit's bass output at any volume level. These settings are stored for all sources.
Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
AM/FM Tuner: The Clarion FZ105BT is equipped with a built-in AM/FM tuner offering manual, seek, & preset tuning. 18 FM station presets and 6 AM station presets can stored; stations can be stored manually or automatically. Preset scan lets you quickly scan through all of your preset stations in a selected band. This function is useful when searching for a desired preset station. When Local seeking is turned "On", only those radio stations with strong radio signal can be received. You can select between US or European tuning.
Detachable Face Security: This unit features detachable face security to deter theft. A hard plastic face case is included. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
LCD w/ Dimmer: The single-line, 8-digit, high visibility LCD (with black background and white characters) on the FZ105BT allows numbers and characters to be displayed clearly in almost any lighting condition. You can manually adjust the brightness of the head unit's display by turning the Dimmer "on" or "off".
Wireless Remote: The Clarion FZ105BT comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the in-dash digital media receiver. The remote provides music playback & search controls; it does not offer hands-free phone controls for Bluetooth. The remote operates off of a single CR2025 Lithium cell 3-volt battery.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately)
9 questions already asked