About the Clarion ProAudio RMX465D
No more searching through cassettes for your favorite tunes! Clarion brings convenience and performance to your car with the ProAudio RMX465D MiniDisc receiver. Create your own custom mixes with your home MiniDisc recorder then enjoy in your vehicle the digital sound quality and instant track access that make MiniDisc the world's most versatile music format.
You'll also find all the features you'd expect in a Clarion ProAudio receiver: detachable face security, a hefty power section (16 watts RMS/45 peak x 4), and the highly-acclaimed Magi-Tune AM/FM tuner. Skipping is virtually impossible with the 40-second anti-shock memory, perfect for off-road vehicles. And the convenience of a wireless remote means you never have to take your eyes off the road.
The rotary control permits easy volume, tone, balance, and fader adjustment, while the Z-enhancer features three preset EQ curves for overall tone shaping. One set of preamp outputs allows you to hook up an amp and subwoofer for extra bass and clarity. The RMX465D will control Clarion's 6- and 12-disc CD changers. When you add one to your receiver order, you'll get a package discount from Crutchfield.
- detachable face
- 40-second anti-shock memory
- multicolor display with blue button illumination
- Z-enhancer with three preset EQ curves (treble emphasized, bass emphasized, treble and bass emphasized)
- Magi-Tune tuner
- 18 FM/6 AM presets
- cellular mute lead
- rotary control
- one set of preamp outputs
- MD title/track display
- CD changer controls (will not control Clarion changers whose model numbers end in "z")
- wireless remote
- 16 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels
- MD frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- MD signal-to-noise ratio 90 dB
- FM sensitivity 11 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/MD/Changer Controller receiver
- Hard face case
- RCB-130 remote
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Trim ring
- Harness with 15-amp in-line fuse
- Screw with 1 attached washer
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 1 Plastic tie
- Owner's Manual (English/Spanish/French)
- Installation/Wire Connection Guide
- Warranty/product registration card
- Silica gel packet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Clarion ProAudio RMX465D
Display/Button Illumination: Track, frequency, loud indicator, audio mode indicator and clock information are displayed with pale blue illumination. The Z-Enhancer, scan, repeat and random indicators are displayed with amber illumination. Preset indicators illuminate in blue. The buttons are backlit with blue illumination, and there is a ring of blue illumination around the rotary knob.
Front 1.8-volt Preamplified Outputs
Z-enhancer: The Z-enhancer function features three types of sound tone effects stored in memory. You may select " Z-enhancer 1" (bass emphasized), " Z-enhancer 2" (treble emphasized) or "Z-enhancer 3" (bass and treble emphasized).
Rotary Knob: This unit is equipped with a rotary knob for use when making volume, tone, balance, and fader.
Cellular Mute Wire: The wiring harness includes a wire that mutes audio when a cellular call is received, then restores the level once the call is over. To use this feature, you must have a cellular phone with a muting output that can be connected to the muting input wire (brown wire) of this unit.
Magi-Tune Tuner: Combines both AM and FM tuners into one package, and features low noise reception with high selectivity.
Selection Recall (ISR): In
addition to the 18 FM and 6 AM presets, you may program one station for
one-touch recall. The station set into ISR memory, can be recalled with
the touch of a single button, even when you are listening to a MD or a station
in another band.
U.S. and European Tuning Spacing: The AM and FM tuning spacing may be set for use within or outside the U.S..
MD Title/Track Title Display: This unit is capable of displaying MD title and track title information for MDs encoded with this information. When a title is longer than 11 characters, you can make the title scroll by pressing the "BND" button.
Button: Pressing the Top/Band button while an MD or a CD in the CD
changer is playing will start the disc playing from track 1 again.
MD Play/Pause: Pressing the Play/pause/mute button allows you to pause an MD at any time without the Radio coming on.
Unit Off MD Eject: MD's can be ejected while unit is off.
Compatibility: This receiver is equipped with Clarion's C-Bus connection and is compatible with all Clarion C-Bus-equipped changers. This unit cannot control Clarion "CeNet" changers.
- Track up/down
- Audible search up/down
- Top Function (restarts playback at the first track of a disc)
- Track repeat and Disc repeat
- 10-Second Scan Play (both track and disc)
- Random Play: one CD or entire magazine
Dimensions: L = 4.312", W = 1.730", H = 1.161"
- Function: turns power on/off (must be held down for one second to turn unit off), and switches between radio, MD, and CD changer
- Band/Disc Up/Prog/Top: switches radio band, activates Top Play feature and moves to next disc in CD changer
- Volume up/down: increases and decreases volume (in all modes)
- Search </>: moves radio preset stations up/down, moves MD tracks up/down, and searches CD tracks up/down (when held for 1 second or more)
- Play/pause: switches between MD and CD changer play and pause
- Mute: turns the mute function on/off
- ISR: recalls ISR radio station in memory (when pressed briefly) and stores current station into ISR memory (when pressed and held for more than 2 seconds)
- Display: switches between main display and clock display
- Scan PS/AS: for single MD and changer activates track scan play, and activates disc scan play for the changer only
- Repeat/BLS: activates single disc repeat play (receiver and changer) and activates all discs repeat play (changer)
- Random/Monitor: activates single disc random play (receiver and changer) and activates disc random play (changer)